Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you use your phone to lock your keys inside and start the engine?
Sponsored

CFD288

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it does I have it on my Ranger (push start too) and yes it's great not to have to ever take your keys out of your pocket. The point is if you don't want this huge boat anchor of a fob in your pocket when you're hiking, boating or whatever you can just use the keypad to access your vehicle.
But with an intelligent key, they cant be locked inside the vehicle so you have to carry it anyway

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you use your phone to lock your keys inside and start the engine?
You know I wasn't sure about this so I just went out and tried it. Yes you can put your keys inside, lock the doors and start it from the app.

But with an intelligent key, they cant be locked inside the vehicle so you have to carry it anyway
Nope..Just did it 2 minutes ago. :)

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, along with my State Farm Insurance ID card. But I guess the naysayers here figure nobody would ever break into their glove box after breaking into their vehicle and getting it running. :rolleyes:

john.noonan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I lock my keys in my F150 whenever I go mountain biking and unlock the truck with the pad when I am done. This is one of my favorite Ford features. I'm not interested in using the Ford app because that requires a working network and you trust that the servers will be up when you get back to the vehicle. I got screwed by using OnStar like that on my old GMC. The keyless pad is awesome.

Sponsored

CFD288

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know I wasn't sure about this so I just went out and tried it. Yes you can put your keys inside, lock the doors and start it from the app.

Nope..Just did it 2 minutes ago. :)
Must be a canadian thing cause I cant lock the car with my keys in it.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'd think by now they'd have it integrated into the door or B pillar? Personally I think they're ugly AF and look cheap! But if the Bronco has a fuel door like the Ranger you can stick it on the inside of that. Here's one on the Ranger mounted inside the fuel door.

Keypad:Fuel Door.jpg
Gonna order it separate and do this!!

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Absolutely. So nice not worrying about keys. Use mine all the time. Not a fan of how it looks but having one is a must for me.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&P version is hardwired to the vehicle. Thus, no battery dependency. That's an advantage of adding it via B&P; however, as I've said before, I like mine hidden. So, I get the battery versions after the purchase and stick it on out-of-plain-sight.

The aftermarket option is wireless and runs on battery.
Mine have lasted for at least 5 years before battery replacement.
The keypad is illuminated upon first touch and blinks when the battery is low. I used it with a low battery for at least an addition 6 months before actually getting around to replacing the battery..
Its one of those quarter size batteries. Pry the top off and replace the battery. No big deal.

I have a Mustang and Explorer. Both using battery type units ($80) and have never taken the keys out of the vehicles. Just too convenient for MTB riding, swimming, shorts and no pockets kinda days at the beach and letting others go wait in the truck without having to be there (for various reasons).

BTW, If you want to steal these vehicles by breaking the glass and using the keys in the cup holder. Do it. I'm old and have great insurance.
Best post of the thread! Which aftermarket version did you buy?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But isn't the gas cap locked when the car is locked?
That's exactly what I plan to do. Order it after the fact and install it. That is unless the fuel door is locked when the doors are locked.
On all my Ford’s the gas cap doors do not lock.

With a capless fuel filler I expect the Bronco fuel doors will not lock either

Keypad in the fuel door should work

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the keypad all the time. I wouldn't want a vehicle without it. Even one with such a fugly application as what we are seeing here. I will start the truck in the winter lock the doors and go back inside to finish my coffee... or have it at the lake and lock the keys/phone inside so everything stays away from the water. And no cell service once we leave the bigger cities in Idaho... and even while in some of them haha.
Umm isnt that what remote start does? No need for the key in the vehicle.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have had it on the last 3 Vehicles and use it all the time, especially when you don't want to carry your keys with you or want to leave the truck running while you run in the store. It is a great convenience item to have.
Not sure what vehicles you have, but in my f150, I can take the fob, leave the truck running and if someone tries to enter it, it wont shift out of park. Hence why I dont use the keypad on my truck when Im running into a store.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my f150 yes the fob can be locked inside. In my wife’s grand cherokee, no it cannot and it makes this obnoxious honking noise if you leave one fob in the jeep and lock it from your other fob.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
is keyless entry 4 digits or more? 4 digits seems like a security risk if somebody sees you type it in
Definitely more than 4 . . . mine current truck (2017 Raptor) is 5 but I believe at one time it was 4.

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Umm isnt that what remote start does? No need for the key in the vehicle.
Yeah, my truck is a 2006... remote start wasn't even a dream at that time LOL

Even with that, I often go out to go fishing or am in/around water (without cell service), and would rather my keys and phone stay safe and dry and locked in my vehicle when I'm hanging in the lake/stream/river and not have to worry about either finding their way to the bottom of said body of water
Sponsored