Sponsored

Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why?

R u adding keyless entry keypad

• Total voters

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I will likely get it. Why? Because it's only one of three options you can get on a FE 2-door. So why not! :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really want to lock your fob in the car, you'd need a faraday cage.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, my truck is a 2006... remote start wasn't even a dream at that time LOL

Even with that, I often go out to go fishing or am in/around water (without cell service), and would rather my keys and phone stay safe and dry and locked in my vehicle when I'm hanging in the lake/stream/river and not have to worry about either finding their way to the bottom of said body of water
Ahh come one. I installed remote start on my 05 wrangler and previous cars to that. Heck, I even installed one on my sport bike just for fun.

when I was in my paddlebording phase, i had a small waterproof pouch Id have on me in my board shorts for my keys. Reason being...rule #1 as a soft top jeep owner, do not lock your doors with the soft top on.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my f150 yes the fob can be locked inside. In my wife’s grand cherokee, no it cannot and it makes this obnoxious honking noise if you leave one fob in the jeep and lock it from your other fob.
My wife's 2017 Fusion Energi honks if you leave the FOB inside - unless you hit the buttons on the B-pillar. Then it locks the doors with the FOB inside no problem.

Sponsored

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hike, jog, swim sometimes. Swinging key in my shorts is not fun...
Leaving all my stuff in the car (hidden of course) is very helpful.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, it looks terrible. I may add the wireless one later.

SoLo

First Edition
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Umm isnt that what remote start does? No need for the key in the vehicle.
I think you are missing the point. If you do not have remote start, you can start the vehicle and leave the keys in it, lock the door with the keypad, and do not have to carry a bulky key fob around in order to get back in your vehicle. Also, it's handy to be able to go do outdoor stuff and lock your keys and fob in your vehicle with piece of mind, knowing you are not going to misplace those keys and be stranded when you return to your vehicle to load up and go home. The key pad is a convenience item that I don't want to do without. Kinda like adaptive cruise control, if you've ever had it, then you know what I'm talking about.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Running, cycling, surfing, hunting, swimming, beach etc...what do you do with your keys? It’s the first upgrade I made after the hardtop on my build. However, I do wish Ford would use the same technology as Hyundai and others and let you unlock with your smartphone or smart watch.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Running, cycling, surfing, hunting, swimming, beach etc...what do you do with your keys? It’s the first upgrade I made after the hardtop on my build. However, I do wish Ford would use the same technology as Hyundai and others and let you unlock with your smartphone or smart watch.
You can with the Ford app.

Ford Bronco Who's adding Keyless Keypad Entry and why? Screenshot 2020-11-11 at 7.15.04 PM

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see why Ford can’t place the keypad in a better location that at least blends in more. They can do it on my F150, why not the Bronco?

3DBD4B34-CA1E-47F1-ACB5-5093EA3EDE5B.jpeg

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on getting one. I just really wish the put it on the pillar like the focus and other cars.
I use the one that’s integrated in the pillar on my focus a lot. I unintentionally got it as part of a package and now I feel like I can’t live without it. I use it at the gym, the beach etc. there are lots of times where I run out of my house or work to grab something out of my car and I’ve forgot my keys but it’s not an issue.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be able to use your smartphone. This is my truck’s app, even shows gas level, oil %, location etc.

69465E85-17FC-458E-A7A3-68C3979B40AD.png

F9EC9B5F-0994-4E5B-9874-E5C76317FF4A.jpeg

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you are missing the point. If you do not have remote start, you can start the vehicle and leave the keys in it, lock the door with the keypad, and do not have to carry a bulky key fob around in order to get back in your vehicle. Also, it's handy to be able to go do outdoor stuff and lock your keys and fob in your vehicle with piece of mind, knowing you are not going to misplace those keys and be stranded when you return to your vehicle to load up and go home. The key pad is a convenience item that I don't want to do without. Kinda like adaptive cruise control, if you've ever had it, then you know what I'm talking about.
Not saying people wont use it. I was responding just to the guy’s comment of going out starting his truck and leaving the keys in it after locking it.

I have it on my truck. When I did alot of watersports in FL, I only had my soft top wrangler at the time and locking it wasn't an option. When I go hiking, i stick the fob in a small pocket. I dont carry other keys connected to my fob.

Again Im not against it, but I will say this...it takes someone less than 1 minute to break into a new 2021 ford truck and thats not with shattering a window.
Sponsored