Sponsored

Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great generalization.

I was at the hardware store today and when I came out there was a guy looking at my bronco. He complimented and asked me some questions about it. He then pointed over at his Jeep and he showed me his add ons

After a few minutes of chatting we shook hands and went our separate ways

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Conversely, be careful about mentioning Toyota's or 4Runner's to some of the Bronco people, they get triggered as well.

It's the story old as time, let's gang up against the other guys, the other brand, the other nation, the other tribe, the other nationality, the other religion, etc, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our best friends (2 couples our age) that we wheel and camp with have had Jeeps for a couple years (we did for a short period also) and they have quit going to Jeep functions because of the general arrogance of many of the group. Weā€™re thinking about starting a local all-inclusive 4wd type club and calling it Hill Country Overlanders or something similar. Clubs can be fun.
Ford Bronco Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else? IMG_0217

BroncoFrog

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swear they are so uptight when it comes to anything other than Jeeps both online and in the parking lot. But on the trails they dry hump the broncos like they are looking at the space shuttle. They are so short sided and rude when I pull up to a primairly jeep gathering. Or god forbid you comment anything bronco in their forum or FB groups.

I dont see that here at all really. Bronco people seem to want to get along and fit in. Rather then exclude and deflect. Its funny reading their (jeeper) threads when the bronco is mentioned. Then they start throwing around hot button words like "dana axles" and "lockers" like nobody has lockers. LOL. What is their problem? Could it really be just jealousy?? I happen to have both a 24 Wrangler JLU and also a 23 Bronco and really dislike hanging with the jeep crowd. Only thing that sucks is they outnumber us 5:1 easily and they always have something going on. And of course broncos arent allowed... Quite irritating.

And for the record I also still quite like driving the Bronco over my JLU. Both off and on-road.
I donā€™t think itā€™s Jeep owners, I think itā€™s just insecure people. If you have to prioritize ā€œbeing betterā€ over just enjoying building a community of off road enthusiasts however they get there that screams insecurity.

Now is there a correlation between insecure people and people who also buy Jeepsā€¦no comment.

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I swear they are so uptight when it comes to anything other than Jeeps both online and in the parking lot. But on the trails they dry hump the broncos like they are looking at the space shuttle. They are so short sided and rude when I pull up to a primairly jeep gathering. Or god forbid you comment anything bronco in their forum or FB groups.

I dont see that here at all really. Bronco people seem to want to get along and fit in. Rather then exclude and deflect. Its funny reading their (jeeper) threads when the bronco is mentioned. Then they start throwing around hot button words like "dana axles" and "lockers" like nobody has lockers. LOL. What is their problem? Could it really be just jealousy?? I happen to have both a 24 Wrangler JLU and also a 23 Bronco and really dislike hanging with the jeep crowd. Only thing that sucks is they outnumber us 5:1 easily and they always have something going on. And of course broncos arent allowed... Quite irritating.

And for the record I also still quite like driving the Bronco over my JLU. Both off and on-road.
I have not been excluded from Jeep-oriented trail drives nor heard of anyone who had that problem, at least not in my area. As bronco owners, we need to understand the importance of conduct and image because they count-big time. An example is the shoddy behavior of a handful of bronco owners at Moabā€™s Bronco Safari 2023, which resulted in the disapproval of the Safariā€™s application for 2024 in Moab. Unfortunately it was a painful, self-inflicted wound for the bronco brand. The return of the bronco is still relatively new and we all need to understand how important our evolving image is and to accept the responsibility to earn it daily.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's funny to me. I have a friend at work that is a "Jeep person", it came up in conversation that I ordered a Bronco and his response was "I am sorry", I said don't be, I needed a vehicle that could get to the mountain tops to do radio work and wanted something more comfortable than a jeep with an interior designed by a 3rd grader in 1973.

We're still friends but we don't talk about vehicles anymore. :ROFLMAO:

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We literally named our Bronco ā€œThe Jeepā€ due to the sensitive nature of so many Bronco owners. I havenā€™t met a Jeep owner I donā€™t get along with-actually going on a run with a jeep group tomorrow. *shrugs*

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I see the same issue here regarding the Bronco Sport and the similar issue on the Bronco Sport forum. Like others said, probably just insecurity. Atleast the Jeep Wrangler is in the same class as the Bronco 6g. I donā€™t get the comparison or ā€œwell mine does thisā€ regarding a vehicle in a completely different class.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In our area they seem to have replaced BMW drivers as the a**holes of the road. But as others have said, don't generalize. That mindset has put this country in the us against them fear mode. That's just not healthy. It's never the vehicle not matter what make. It's the person in it.

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought my first Jeep 2 years ago, a 2006 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Is a VERY capable off-roader, it stunned me with how it drove the first time I drove in the woods. Itā€™s also as refined as a hammer. Then I bought a Badlands back in August. The Badlands definitely comes across as an updated version of the LJR.

As far as owners go, the Jeep owners Iā€™ve met are NOT tolerant of Broncos (except those who have had mechanical issues with their Jeeps and realize they started out as mongrels and really havenā€™t gotten better over the years). My son also bought a GX470 and thatā€™s a GREAT vehicle!!!

Anyway, drive what youā€™ve got and enjoy it!!
Ford Bronco Why are Jeepers so rude to everyone else? IMG_5995

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see the issue with Jeep owners like others have claimed.. Like anything, there are a-hole Jeep owners and there are a-hole Bronco owners.

For the most part, every Jeep owner I've bumped into has asked me questions about the Bronco, looked around it and generally liked it.. Heck I've even had a few give a thumbs up..

Back in 1987 I purchased the 1st Wrangler version after Chrysler bought AMC.. It was a 1987 Wrangler YJ with square headlights and let me tell you, the CJ owners shunned me.. LOL..

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You mentioned it yourself: they're kinder on the trail. Same shit goes with any offroader or racecar or utility vehicle: the people that shit on other, 'lesser cars' are the ones who don't use their own vehicle for their intended purposes, and are as such defending an insecurity. Seen it with offroaders who think they're theoretically better than other offroaders when driving on an imaginary trail, or with sports car drivers who've never hit the track or gone above 120, or with the classic pick-up towing/payload/whatnot debates when they've never hauled anything larger than a turkey before Thanksgiving.

People who really use their vehicles will know both the strengths and weaknesses of their own vehicles, and the vehicles of the 'opposition'

I see the same issue here regarding the Bronco Sport and the similar issue on the Bronco Sport forum. Like others said, probably just insecurity. Atleast the Jeep Wrangler is in the same class as the Bronco 6g. I donā€™t get the comparison or ā€œwell mine does thisā€ regarding a vehicle in a completely different class.
People hate it when their $80k car has the same name as a $35k car. Trust me, I've gotten hate for my Big Bend coming from Badsquatch owners, and that hate was definitely masking deep-rooted embarrassment considering I was the one towing them out of the mudpit that I coasted through...

Meanwhile, I think the Bronco Sport rocks. Off-roading should definitely become more accessible to more (hopefully well-minded) people, since that's how we get more aftermarket support and the like.

My son also bought a GX470 and thatā€™s a GREAT vehicle!!!
Hey, take this from another young guy: make it a big effort to buy him aftermarket parts whenever he deserves it/you feel like it/is appropriate. That's one hell of a way to keep your relationship close with him, and will mean the world to him.

Conversely, be careful about mentioning Toyota's or 4Runner's to some the Bronco people, they get triggered as well.
Right... but have you seen Toyota fans? They think their car's the second coming of Christ or something. Not all of them, but wow, are they annoying. Nothing wrong with the car, just the people making them to be better than they actually are.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.