Sponsored

Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the gt3 the one with no a/c and string loops for door handles to save weight?

peasant.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is missing the most important question. What's the ground clearance?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not getting it? What is the difference? First ordered first built? Ford dealers would have been like Black Friday the day the order banks opened in the middle of a pandemic.

I am betting Porsche custom builds each GT3, and the supply chain for small batches is way different than volume supply chains and building configurations in volumes.

Springbok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X3M, 15 BMW X5, 14 PORSCHE BOXSTER S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You just get different customer experiences with different brands. Itā€™s part of the price difference. Iā€™ve mainly driven Fordā€™s in the past but current drive a BMW. The service and dealer experience is vastly different between them, but so are the prices. Same goes for motorcycles. Have had some Hondaā€˜s and lot of Ducatiā€™s. Much better experience with the higher end brands.
Are the prices that different though? I don't think that's really true anymore, as my X3M was in the $70k range which isn't much if any different to a nice F-150. And yet, the customer experience is night and day. Domestic auto brands have a ton to learn from both their German & Japanese (now Korean as well), counterparts.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

PVM&S - GT3.JPG
Do you want to adopt me?

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the prices that different though? I don't think that's really true anymore, as my X3M was in the $70k range which isn't much if any different to a nice F-150. And yet, the customer experience is night and day. Domestic auto brands have a ton to learn from both their German & Japanese (now Korean as well), counterparts.
I haven't had better customer service owning a new VW than I have had owning a Ford. Maybe the higher end German cars provide it but at the lower end it is still the lower end of service.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The X3M sells like 60K cars a year, Ford sold 787K F150s last year.

When BMW produces 787K of any vehicle in the same year you can talk about how perfect the experience was...BMW and Ford are not even remotely in the same ballpark. Itā€™s kind of like comparing a Porsche to a Ford. Oh wait.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche? 7A9DEAC1-FCD2-4D81-86FD-FEE45ACCFB64

ā€œRiding on a raised suspension ā€œ
If I'm going the safari route it will be in area 51!

64a45b20ac667cf110931726fc50a559.jpg

Love these old school builds that Kelly-Moss build!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah my yacht builder told me it would be in the water and ready to be boarded at exactly 10:27 on May 13, 2021 . . .

Goodness. First production. Hundreds of thousands of orders (almost as many Broncos as Porsche makes in its entirety). Pandemic.

Pretty easy to just complain . . . I never expected this to be quick - ordered on Day one to give myself the best chance at seeing the vehicle sooner than later (but who knows!) . . . despite a great deal of bumps in the road all indications seem to cast a favorable light on the vehicles quality . . . I think we will all be very pleased when our day comes!!

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's my take. I am in a bit of a mood today so bear with me. I'm stuck on here and had a couple of beers. The new COD upload is like 8 hours from finishing. I need better internet. I'm probably a bit old to keep playing video games (52) but I can't do TV anymore. I may have developed a bit of adult ADHD.

I'm perfectly happy paying a bump to take the stripper out back for a little extra. Would the hand picked call girl with all the extras be nice? Absolutely. Would I get to have dinner first? Probably because I'm the one paying for dinner. I'll pay for what I like and what I can afford. It may not be the best overall experience but if I get off on it then I don't care what happened in between.

VelocityGator

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why did you buy a gt3 and not a Ford GT? Matter of fact, anyone on this site have one? What was that ordering process like? Hell, how about those that went through a gt500 or gt350 order. Porsche gt3 orders are looked down on those that ordered the GT2RS. šŸ˜œ Mine will be here tomorrow šŸ˜‚

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

Ford Bronco Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche? tenor
You could have reserved a cybertruck in 2019 and still not have a build estimate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.