Sponsored

Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tied in the sense that Ford build B-24s during WWII to bomb the Nazis
Even tho he didn’t want to help the country, was the last of the Big 3 to agree, only because Edsel went behind his back.
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True. They will only make between 1500 and 3000 GT3s. But the EXACT same result occurs if you order a Macan, Taycan or Cayenne.

They never made a Taycan before but the exact same process occurs. It can't be that hard.
and if you roll in to order an Ford Edge, you'll get the same experience.

people on this forum are hyper focused on every delay, and this is why they dont normally do preorders. these sorts of delays and constraints are always present, but invisible to the customer.

maybe they should have stuck with the tried and true method, first come first serve at your local dealer, survival of the fittest.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But Henry has no ties to Hitler. Or did he?!
he got an award from Germany in 1938 and was quite anti semitic.

A pretty balanced article linked below, also shining light on where this attitude might have come from to a young Henry back in the day, not to sideline this post and it's really not a topic to discuss here, but if interested, it's a good short summary.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/henryford-antisemitism/

Now back on topic, I have no idea how Ford did this scheduling in the past with almost 10.000 dealers world wide and some 3000 here, the logistics behind a car sitting in your driveway are mind-boggling and it's a miracle this works so well (and even somewhat works during an unprecedented world wide pandemic).

Porsche is a high end luxury brand, charging you crazy money for fun little cars, totally different clientele with much higher expectations. I could probably ask them what the name of the cow was that my leather seats come from, who knows. And there is probably some of that still famous "German efficiency" in the systems there too. (They would also long be gone if it wasn't for their 4 door offerings).

It's been frustrating at times, but unless May goes by with no note from Ford when to expect my Bronco, they're doing what they said. I was very happy sitting in a Bronco today for the first time, next time will most likely a test drive when my dealer gets his sample Broncos and eventually later this year I'll get mine. I'm #41 of 80 allocations for this year, but I'm sure they won't be filled in numerical order. It'll get here when it gets here.

That GT3 should be fun on track though, enjoy!

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What??? And who the fuck cares???

Springbok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X3M, 15 BMW X5, 14 PORSCHE BOXSTER S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

PVM&S - GT3.JPG
Agreed! I ordered my 2014 Boxster "custom" and the communication throughout the process was superb. I've been a little ticked at Ford throughout this deal so I'm bailing on my Bronco. The comms have just been bizarre, and if you get saddled with a mediocre dealer it just feels bad. The whole thing is kind of low-rent and strange, considering how important this vehicle is to the brand and how expensive these actually are. Everything in life is expectation management, and since July, they've done a very poor job at managing said expectations in my opinion.

Enjoy the GT3! Great vehicles!

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You just get different customer experiences with different brands. It’s part of the price difference. I’ve mainly driven Ford’s in the past but current drive a BMW. The service and dealer experience is vastly different between them, but so are the prices. Same goes for motorcycles. Have had some Honda‘s and lot of Ducati’s. Much better experience with the higher end brands.

Mike Mc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many options are offered on the Porsche vs the Bronco?

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I equate this question to those who ask what the difference between the different packages is. People who pay for the Lux package are getting more, right? That "more" might not be exactly what you need or want, but hopefully you get my point.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About what?
The comparison. It is apples to oranges. High end limited production vs first launch of a massed produced vehicle. Would I expect more customer service when ordering a Porsche? Absolutely. I don't see how the two should even be in the same discussion.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The comparison. It is apples to oranges. High end limited production vs first launch of a massed produced vehicle. Would I expect more customer service when ordering a Porsche? Absolutely. I don't see how the two should even be in the same discussion.
👆 THIS
Part of the cost of buying a Porsche is the overall experience.

Part of the cost of buying a Bronco is getting screwed with no dinner first.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

Ford Bronco Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche? tenor
Well.... I bet if you walked into a Ford dealer and plopped down 165k on a Bronco you’d get that faster too. Also, this sounds like some weird Porsche brag. Gross
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.