Sponsored

Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why did you buy a gt3 and not a Ford GT? Matter of fact, anyone on this site have one? What was that ordering process like? Hell, how about those that went through a gt500 or gt350 order. Porsche gt3 orders are looked down on those that ordered the GT2RS. 😜 Mine will be here tomorrow 😂
I would LOVE to have a Ford GT. Frankly, I'd rather have that car than a GT3. Much more money though ($500k?) and extremely hard to get anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pretty easy to just complain . . . I never expected this to be quick - ordered on Day one to give myself the best chance at seeing the vehicle sooner than later (but who knows!) . . . despite a great deal of bumps in the road all indications seem to cast a favorable light on the vehicles quality . . . I think we will all be very pleased when our day comes!!
I understand your point but I'm actually not complaining. I'm trying to understand how a major US car manufacturer can't do something simple. Frankly, if customers expect this type of service, they are going to continue to get it. I'm sure Ford can learn from other car manufacturers and get better because of them. Holding them accountable and demanding better performance is a step in the right direction.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the gt3 the one with no a/c and string loops for door handles to save weight?

peasant.
GT3RS, 718/981 Spyder and GT4 have thee cloth door pulls to save a couple of ounces of weight. GT3 has the regular door pulls. It's a gimmick anyway and saves no lap time.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am betting Porsche custom builds each GT3, and the supply chain for small batches is way different than volume supply chains and building configurations in volumes.
....and this is part of the point. Every GT3 is custom built (almost all by customers and not dealers). They don't make enough to stock GT3s - everyone is sold before they are even built. There are thousands if not millions of permutations on configurations. Literally, you can pick the color of the thread in the leather seats, cover the vent slats in leather (barf) or make them match the exterior color. If you wanted to, you can send them a sample of your wife's favorite nail polisher color and they will paint the car that color (it's called Paint to Sample). How can Porsche manage and custom build all these individualized vehicles (and tell you 3 months before their equivalent of "job 1") and Ford can't tell you when they are going to produce a mass produced vehicle with comparatively much fewer configurations.

....and Porsche does this with their main stream cars to, not just their niche cars.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You just get different customer experiences with different brands. It’s part of the price difference. I’ve mainly driven Ford’s in the past but current drive a BMW. The service and dealer experience is vastly different between them, but so are the prices. Same goes for motorcycles. Have had some Honda‘s and lot of Ducati’s. Much better experience with the higher end brands.
That's a fair point. But my Bronco isn't cheap either....north of $60k.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You just get different customer experiences with different brands. It’s part of the price difference. I’ve mainly driven Ford’s in the past but current drive a BMW. The service and dealer experience is vastly different between them, but so are the prices. Same goes for motorcycles. Have had some Honda‘s and lot of Ducati’s. Much better experience with the higher end brands.
I agree with this. When I bought my Audi they provided me with a bottle of water. 5/5 stars, would recommend.

But in all seriousness, I did notice the difference between Audi vs. GM/Jeep/Ford's vehicle buying experience.

OP
OP
subshooter

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How many options are offered on the Porsche vs the Bronco?

There is no comparison. I'm guessing less than 100 for the Bronco? Thousands for a Porsche. They are much more complicated to build because they are all individually built. Below is a pic of "some" of the thread colors you can select for your leather dash (that you can also select....or not)
Ford Bronco Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche? Stitching colors.JPG

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

Ford Bronco Why can't Ford scheduling be more like Porsche? Stitching colors.JPG
Cause Ford is not German Ja!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to admit......Ford needs to be better. And I’ve bout over a dozen Fords over the past 38 years. I’m not asking for leather wrapped vent slats (I mean the rear bronco vents are under the seat for fux sake, so what’s the point), but it would be nice to be told something from a Ford dealer or Ford official communication and not start with the premise that it’s BS.
I could be tempted to change my opinion if I get a certain email tomorrow, but in spite of a very early reservation, I have a feeling I’ll be celebrating Passover again......after all, the fact that Sasquatch and Lux package demands was “such a huge surprise” a year wasn’t enough time to anticipate demand and scrape together enough parts. Well, they would have if they hadn’t added the Priority Order twist.

Zeno

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Defender Trophy Edition, 20 Ranger, 911SC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys, we are all on the same team at the end of the day. We love the new Bronco! Our expectations are based upon our past experiences. To the OP, congrats man on the GT3! Awesome vehicle and you get what you pay for. Should be zero disappointments there. The Bronco is not a Porsche and any expectations that it should be remotely equivalent will only leave you disappointed. We are all so tweaked about getting our hot, sexy, cool, not douchey, new girlfriend, that we have thrown logic and relative reality out the window. Do I hit refresh on this site all day? Yes. Has Ford done what they have said they will do in the time frame promised under the present unprecedented circumstances? Yes! Does that make me feel any less anxious about when I get to meet my newest baby? No! We can only control that which we have control over. This ain’t one of those times. So, relax, smile, hug the one next to you, have another drink, and wish the best for all of the great people on this site that love this Bronco as much as you do. I digress. Carry on.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to admit......Ford needs to be better. And I’ve bout over a dozen Fords over the past 38 years. I’m not asking for leather wrapped vent slats (I mean the rear bronco vents are under the seat for fux sake, so what’s the point), but it would be nice to be told something from a Ford dealer or Ford official communication and not start with the premise that it’s BS.
I could be tempted to change my opinion if I get a certain email tomorrow, but in spite of a very early reservation, I have a feeling I’ll be celebrating Passover again......after all, the fact that Sasquatch and Lux package demands was “such a huge surprise” a year wasn’t enough time to anticipate demand and scrape together enough parts. Well, they would have if they hadn’t added the Priority Order twist.
........but I suppose if I had an extra $160k lying around instead of a Porsche I’d buy an entire Bronco family😁

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I placed an order for a 2022 Porsche GT3. I was on a waiting list with money down for 2 years (just based on the rumor of it being built). Once the car was announced, released and able to be ordered, I placed my order and within 1 hour, I had scheduled dates for build, delivery to exit port, arrival at entry port and arrival at dealership. (see pic below)

Why is it so hard for Ford to do basic stuff like this? I must be missing something. This is my third Porsche bought new from the factory and the process has been the same every time.

probably because there will be less than 1000 GT3‘s made..Ford will average making that many Broncos every 3rd day in the first half year of production.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no comparison. I'm guessing less than 100 for the Bronco? Thousands for a Porsche. They are much more complicated to build because they are all individually built. Below is a pic of "some" of the thread colors you can select for your leather dash (that you can also select....or not)
Yeah, we’ll......I don’t see Navy Pier, so up yours Porsche.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awwww damn, there’s the kiss of death. Subshooter just likes my post. 🙁
Sponsored