Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to answer my own question - it's all about the Benjamins - but seriously, it annoys me.

As for what I need in a bronco:
  • I need the 4-door for family - that is my truly only basic need.
As for what I want:
  • I want black MGV seats that are easy to maintain
  • I want the 2.7L / 10speed
  • I want the LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires 33s with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Can only get it on the BLs)
  • I want the high-package (can only get on the BL, OBX, and WT)
    • The OBX Interior is atrocious
    • The WT is too expensive and I'm not a fan of the hood graphic
    • And when you start adding the things I do want to the BL, the price becomes higher than a WT, which has SAS.
  • I want the steel heavy-duty bumpers (extra)
  • I want the signature LED lights (can't get it on the BD for some dumb reason)
  • I want the rock rails (extra)
  • I want the 12-inch touch screen (see above - have to get the high-package, which is only available on OBX, BL, WT, and FE).
  • I want sport mode
I don't need:
  • SAS
  • Sway-bar disconnect

At this point, I'm debating just getting a base or BB, and doing all this aftermarket stuff myself, later. I guess I won't (At least not cheaply) be able to get the 12-inch screen, but other than that, maybe I can actually get the Bronco I want.

Just annoyed at the options. I just can't justify spending over 50k on a BL at the moment. And yes, I know I am whining, but I just feel like there is a lack of options here, so Ford can make more money. Frustrating. (Just venting, sorry).

Curious what others are doing.
Sponsored

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you're complaint is that you want sport mode on a badlands but it's too expensive. Got it. Can probably enable it with forscan, but obviously not confirmed.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same boat. I wanted the 12" screen and 33s. The BL was more than I needed in order to get the high package. I considered the OBX but the interior options are horrendous.

I settled on the BD. I think it has the best interior. I can always upgrade wheels/tires later. I just can't get the 12" screen. I would have added it to BD if it was an option and I sure as hell was not gonna jump to BL just for that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in the same boat. I wanted the 12" screen and 33s. The BL was more than I needed in order to get the high package. I considered the OBX but the interior options are horrendous.

I settled on the BD. I think it has the best interior. I can always upgrade wheels/tires later. I just can't get the 12" screen. I would have added it to BD if it was an option and I sure as hell was not gonna jump to BL just for that.
right? Any reason you chose BD over BB?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you're complaint is that you want sport mode on a badlands but it's too expensive. Got it. Can probably enable it with forscan, but obviously not confirmed.
No, he doesn't want the disconnect. It's say most of us would want BL without that, make signature lights optional... Cold package.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
right? Any reason you chose BD over BB?
BD has MGV seats.

Your predicament is exactly the reason I'm waiting a couple years before getting a Bronco. Ford is teasing features in bundles that have too many unwanted features.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear you on many of these complaints. I was getting stuck with my order process between BD, BL and was seriously just feeling like going BB and doing a big aftermarket with the $ saved.
I had to really get focused and figure out what were my priorities. I was in a B&P vortex for a while where I’d start thinking “OK maybe I’ll go with an Outter Banks for the signature headlights” then I’d remember the ugly interior and have to start from scratch. Eventually I landed on the BD, where my biggest compromise was the headlights but the blue accents and blue stitching matching my exterior colour makes up for it. I’m hoping there’s a signature light conversion down the road or an aftermarket option like with the wrangler?

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was in the same place. Seemed like no matter what I built it ended up in the range of $48k - $52k. I just went with a BL it had everything I wanted plus a few things I’ll never use. I’m completely ok with that.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hear you on many of these complaints. I was getting stuck with my order process between BD, BL and was seriously just feeling like going BB and doing a big aftermarket with the $ saved.
I had to really get focused and figure out what were my priorities. I was in a B&P vortex for a while where I’d start thinking “OK maybe I’ll go with an Outter Banks for the signature headlights” then I’d remember the ugly interior and have to start from scratch. Eventually I landed on the BD, where my biggest compromise was the headlights but the blue accents and blue stitching matching my exterior colour makes up for it. I’m hoping there’s a signature light conversion down the road or an aftermarket option like with the wrangler?
I dig your antlered bronco eh.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford missed it on the BD. Should have had the 33" tire option and it should have been able to go up to the high package. BL should have been BL.....came as Sas only and the disconnect, just like the Wrangler.