Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Many of us would opt for a cold weather package and the 12" screen, maybe more tires/wheels options without Squatch....there's money to be made there.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice if you could order individual options as well as options packages but most manufacturers haven't allowed that for a couple of decades. Just about the only way to do it now is to make a fleet order.

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the first time I have ordered a vehicle like this. I feel like the ability to customize how we can is not normal. Especially considering the amount of orders they are taking. Am I right or wrong?

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to answer my own question - it's all about the Benjamins - but seriously, it annoys me.

As for what I need in a bronco:
  • I need the 4-door for family - that is my truly only basic need.
As for what I want:
  • I want black MGV seats that are easy to maintain
  • I want the 2.7L / 10speed
  • I want the LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires 33s with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Can only get it on the BLs)
  • I want the high-package (can only get on the BL, OBX, and WT)
    • The OBX Interior is atrocious
    • The WT is too expensive and I'm not a fan of the hood graphic
    • And when you start adding the things I do want to the BL, the price becomes higher than a WT, which has SAS.
  • I want the steel heavy-duty bumpers (extra)
  • I want the signature LED lights (can't get it on the BD for some dumb reason)
  • I want the rock rails (extra)
  • I want the 12-inch touch screen (see above - have to get the high-package, which is only available on OBX, BL, WT, and FE).
  • I want sport mode
I don't need:
  • SAS
  • Sway-bar disconnect

At this point, I'm debating just getting a base or BB, and doing all this aftermarket stuff myself, later. I guess I won't (At least not cheaply) be able to get the 12-inch screen, but other than that, maybe I can actually get the Bronco I want.

Just annoyed at the options. I just can't justify spending over 50k on a BL at the moment. And yes, I know I am whining, but I just feel like there is a lack of options here, so Ford can make more money. Frustrating. (Just venting, sorry).

Curious what others are doing.
I jus'wanna know why I can't get a soft top on the base model. Why, Ford, Why? I don't want two tops. The soft top would even make a price advantage vs. the Jeep. Why is Sasquatch the only wheel option? I want 17" with Nitto Terra Grappler 2 tires. Big and Fat.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to answer my own question - it's all about the Benjamins - but seriously, it annoys me.

As for what I need in a bronco:
  • I need the 4-door for family - that is my truly only basic need.
As for what I want:
  • I want black MGV seats that are easy to maintain
  • I want the 2.7L / 10speed
  • I want the LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires 33s with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Can only get it on the BLs)
  • I want the high-package (can only get on the BL, OBX, and WT)
    • The OBX Interior is atrocious
    • The WT is too expensive and I'm not a fan of the hood graphic
    • And when you start adding the things I do want to the BL, the price becomes higher than a WT, which has SAS.
  • I want the steel heavy-duty bumpers (extra)
  • I want the signature LED lights (can't get it on the BD for some dumb reason)
  • I want the rock rails (extra)
  • I want the 12-inch touch screen (see above - have to get the high-package, which is only available on OBX, BL, WT, and FE).
  • I want sport mode
I don't need:
  • SAS
  • Sway-bar disconnect

At this point, I'm debating just getting a base or BB, and doing all this aftermarket stuff myself, later. I guess I won't (At least not cheaply) be able to get the 12-inch screen, but other than that, maybe I can actually get the Bronco I want.

Just annoyed at the options. I just can't justify spending over 50k on a BL at the moment. And yes, I know I am whining, but I just feel like there is a lack of options here, so Ford can make more money. Frustrating. (Just venting, sorry).

Curious what others are doing.
This is exactly me, down to every single detail (well I could give or take the sig lighting but otherwise everything is the exact same)

Sponsored

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have built over a thousand Broncos online, I guess I’m a mechanical guy. My 2 door Bronco ends up Basequach, V6 EcoBoost, 10 speed, and a few extras for about 40,000 everytime. I’m amazed how many options that are standard and available on the bronco. OK one gripe I would like the red to be more of a candy apple than maroon. I have already changed the color once on my order. Lol

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's really fairly simple. Manufacturers would love to build as close to zero variations as possible. Every option, trim, color, etc. adds complexity. Complexity equals more cost at every facet of the supply chain. Each deviation from an ideal singular configuration carries a development, procurement and efficiency cost. Packaging by option groups or trims does help control some of those costs. Some options would be cost prohibitive to offer at all if not bundled with a larger group to ensure a higher take rate. Of course, there is some motive to entice consumers into higher packages with greater margins. They are businesses. You can be mad about it all you want but the fact of the matter is that the more wild cards that are added to a system the more expensive every phase of the manufacturing process becomes. An a la carte method that you seem to desire would be prohibitively expensive in today's marketplace for mainstream vehicles.
It’s simply margin based. By packaging they profit more. It doesn’t cost Ford a dime more to stay at a checklist customizable by buyer. The rear console outlet for example, it goes down the same line. This doesn’t get added. Order it? It gets added. 4.7 diff? Added I’d ordered? Otherwise 4.46 is added. Manual to auto trans, same thing. Both take it and the line is built to take both. Nothing more or less exp about it. The person in the line gets paid the same if he installs 100 wipers that day or 2.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s simply margin based. By packaging they profit more. It doesn’t cost Ford a dime more to stay at a checklist customizable by buyer. The rear console outlet for example, it goes down the same line. This doesn’t get added. Order it? It gets added. 4.7 diff? Added I’d ordered? Otherwise 4.46 is added. Manual to auto trans, same thing. Both take it and the line is built to take both. Nothing more or less exp about it. The person in the line gets paid the same if he installs 100 wipers that day or 2.
Ford Bronco Why does Ford make it so complicated?! bf7584cd086aaabbb32114e2ed6e05e5

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, let's say that Ford was to offer 100 different paint choices so that everyone could have practically the perfect color they wanted. And also 100 interior colors to coordinate. Again, same material (cloth, MGV, leather), just different colors. Since this is all happening in the same place and assembled in the same way regardless of color, this should cost Ford zero dollars to implement, right?

I mean, there couldn't possibly be any cost in supply chain management, inventory, managing varying demands or suppliers charging more for low-run orders because they have to change over their production lines or economies of scale in production or Ford having to change over the paint robots or the assembly process ensuring that the proper item is installed on the proper vehicle or...

I'll bet the engineers that design products aren't paid for the time required to design and test them but only a per-piece price on how many are created/sold.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd bet that the high/lux prices are pretty close to being 'at cost' pricing...
Oh you sweet summer child. High and lux packs are probably like 80% pure profit.

12" display probably costs Ford an extra $100 tops. Mid package already should have forward radar for collision mitigation, so that's free for adaptive cruise control. Extra speaker are gonna be like another $150 maybe. Heated wheel is regular wheel with a $5 heating element in it. Wireless charging pad about $5. Led mirrors, eh call it $75. Garage door opener $25.

Actually looking at them again, idk why anyone would want high package.
Sponsored