Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well my Black Diamond in Canada mid pack, 2.7 auto is coming in at $67k
And my Base Bronco in Thailand is costing me $1,073,100. What’s your point?

next time specify Canadian money. Not USA currency to Canadian and acting like they’re the same. Now you SEE what I did there with baht right?
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to answer my own question - it's all about the Benjamins - but seriously, it annoys me.

As for what I need in a bronco:
  • I need the 4-door for family - that is my truly only basic need.
As for what I want:
  • I want black MGV seats that are easy to maintain
  • I want the 2.7L / 10speed
  • I want the LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires 33s with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Can only get it on the BLs)
  • I want the high-package (can only get on the BL, OBX, and WT)
    • The OBX Interior is atrocious
    • The WT is too expensive and I'm not a fan of the hood graphic
    • And when you start adding the things I do want to the BL, the price becomes higher than a WT, which has SAS.
  • I want the steel heavy-duty bumpers (extra)
  • I want the signature LED lights (can't get it on the BD for some dumb reason)
  • I want the rock rails (extra)
  • I want the 12-inch touch screen (see above - have to get the high-package, which is only available on OBX, BL, WT, and FE).
  • I want sport mode
I don't need:
  • SAS
  • Sway-bar disconnect

At this point, I'm debating just getting a base or BB, and doing all this aftermarket stuff myself, later. I guess I won't (At least not cheaply) be able to get the 12-inch screen, but other than that, maybe I can actually get the Bronco I want.

Just annoyed at the options. I just can't justify spending over 50k on a BL at the moment. And yes, I know I am whining, but I just feel like there is a lack of options here, so Ford can make more money. Frustrating. (Just venting, sorry).

Curious what others are doing.
Not much of a predicament. Badlands. OK, so no sport mode, but it's not like sport mode gives more power. Just press the skinny pedal a little harder. So the only issue is you have to take the sway bar disconnect. If you are going to be doing any off-roading, (not even just rock crawling) that'll be a feature that you won't be disappointed having, even if you feel you could live without it. Honestly, your vehicle is a lot closer to your wish list than a lot of people.

To ease your frustration, try configuring a 4Runner. :LOL:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's Canadian funny money. There's a 27% difference. So, really, that's 52-and-change. Still high compared to US, but quite a bit different.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It’s a 10k difference!
You‘re moving the goal posts. In your original post, you listed off 9 things that you want with 8 available on the Badlands (no sport mode on BL). Then you listed 2 things you don’t need, Sasquatch and Swaybar Disconnect. SBD is the only thing you have to have to get everything else you want besides Sport mode.

If you do a similar build with a Wildtrak, the SBD ends up pricing out around $1800. If what you want isn’t within $2k of what Ford is charging, then you underestimated the cost of this vehicle.

Edit: With Big Bend or Black Diamond without Squatch, you miss out on upgraded axles and suspension and front locker. The money isn’t just lining Ford’s pockets.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You‘re moving the goal posts. In your original post, you listed off 9 things that you want with 8 available on the Badlands (no sport mode on BL). Then you listed 2 things you don’t need, Sasquatch and Swaybar Disconnect. SBD is the only thing you have to have to get everything else you want besides Sport mode.

If you do a similar build with a Wildtrak, the SBD ends up pricing out around $1800. If what you want isn’t within $2k of what Ford is charging, then you underestimated the cost of this vehicle.

Edit: With Big Bend or Black Diamond without Squatch, you miss out on upgraded axles and suspension and front locker. The money isn’t just lining Ford’s pockets.
Of course. I am trying to see what I can live without.

I am totally fine if people want to buy more car than they need. It's a free country. But assuming you can put 33s on a BB without any modifications, I think that solves my problem, and I'll likely say goodbye to the other things I wanted. Will save me around 9k in total.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course. I am trying to see what I can live without.

I am totally fine if people want to buy more car than they need. It's a free country. But assuming you can put 33s on a BB without any modifications, I think that solves my problem, and I'll likely say goodbye to the other things I wanted. Will save me around 9k in total.
Upgraded suspension gets you about another 1.5” of suspension travel (either BL or Sasquatch). You might be able to fit 33s on a BB. I don’t know.

I just look at these pictures every now and again when I considered lower price point.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iowa has mountains? :ROFLMAO:
Nope all Iowa has is lands of big beautiful cornfields... but I spend 5 months a year in Alaska
But thanks for asking Jack....😎

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How so? It’s a lie. They stated this but it’s a fact it wouldn’t. They want you spend more to get one option you want and 10 you don’t. That’s the fact. Don’t think so? So on assembly line, you mean to tell me a digital checklist for everything you want from ground up would cost anymore to build? Explain. This will be a good story to hear you explain since they have to install one option on one Bronco package vs not on another but you can add or skip a portion of assembly line extremely easily.
It's really fairly simple. Manufacturers would love to build as close to zero variations as possible. Every option, trim, color, etc. adds complexity. Complexity equals more cost at every facet of the supply chain. Each deviation from an ideal singular configuration carries a development, procurement and efficiency cost. Packaging by option groups or trims does help control some of those costs. Some options would be cost prohibitive to offer at all if not bundled with a larger group to ensure a higher take rate. Of course, there is some motive to entice consumers into higher packages with greater margins. They are businesses. You can be mad about it all you want but the fact of the matter is that the more wild cards that are added to a system the more expensive every phase of the manufacturing process becomes. An a la carte method that you seem to desire would be prohibitively expensive in today's marketplace for mainstream vehicles.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Listen, I get the snark. I can still vent. And I will.
I can totally understand that, I am just pointing out the choice of words takes your complaining to a different level.

You don't need the Bronco
You are not being forced to buy anything
Ford is not obligated to provide anything.
and as such, they are not bending anyone over backwards.

Quite the opposite, they are bringing back a vehicle, which by all stretch of the means IS going to be awesome. Unfortunately, they have limited the options for the first year, which may change the second year onward, or they may not. And in some cases, this is causing some people to pay more money than they would like, for something they don't need, but passionately want.

From my Point of view,
I paid $26,000 for my Rubicon. The closest option to that is a Base with SAS [But at least the tires are 35" compared to a 2003 Rubicon which had 31" tires
$38,000
Current Jeep Wrangler competitive builds are really close in price with the Bronco, with the Bronco normally being slightly better, [Albiet before incentives] but with slightly better stuff.

So I am by no means in a different boat than you.

My advice to you is this
Switch to a dealer with a great discount. I highly recommend @DealerInsider so you can get more for your money. [This may require you to wait until MY22 for delivery]
or
Wait a little and snag a used Bronco for a much better price with what you want, but this may take a while because first year, people will probably be selling used for more than they paid due to demand.

You mean the one where you’re a dick?
If by pointing out the above makes you think that way, than I will own it. Please think of me as a thick 10"er hell bench on destroyed an FE or Badlands sticker.

Can you at least realize the difference between WANT and NEED?

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can totally understand that, I am just pointing out the choice of words takes your complaining to a different level.

You don't need the Bronco
You are not being forced to buy anything
Ford is not obligated to provide anything.
and as such, they are not bending anyone over backwards.

Quite the opposite, they are bringing back a vehicle, which by all stretch of the means IS going to be awesome. Unfortunately, they have limited the options for the first year, which may change the second year onward, or they may not. And in some cases, this is causing some people to pay more money than they would like, for something they don't need, but passionately want.

From my Point of view,
I paid $26,000 for my Rubicon. The closest option to that is a Base with SAS [But at least the tires are 35" compared to a 2003 Rubicon which had 31" tires
$38,000
Current Jeep Wrangler competitive builds are really close in price with the Bronco, with the Bronco normally being slightly better, [Albiet before incentives] but with slightly better stuff.

So I am by no means in a different boat than you.

My advice to you is this
Switch to a dealer with a great discount. I highly recommend @DealerInsider so you can get more for your money. [This may require you to wait until MY22 for delivery]
or
Wait a little and snag a used Bronco for a much better price with what you want, but this may take a while because first year, people will probably be selling used for more than they paid due to demand.

If by pointing out the above makes you think that way, than I will own it. Please think of me as a thick 10"er hell bench on destroyed an FE or Badlands sticker.

Can you at least realize the difference between WANT and NEED?

It's all good, man. This is therapy for me. I wish more people could understand that. I am not screaming and bitching into the void, thinking someone at Ford is going to read this and ultimately give us more options. This is a way I can vent my frustrations - and identify with folks who feel the same way.

If you don't feel the same way, that is also fine. I don't NEED a Bronco. I am not being forced to buy one, and I understand the practices Ford is putting in place is to rake in as much money as possible, like any other automaker. I get it. It's a capitalist society.

If I do go for the Badlands, I may just flip it. Assuming I get one this year, because I definitely don't see world in which these will be easy to get in the next 2 years.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and now I will inappropriately use the following hashtag and piss off a different part of the internet.

#MeToo

:LOL:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's Canadian funny money. There's a 27% difference. So, really, that's 52-and-change. Still high compared to US, but quite a bit different.
Geez, it seems like not that long ago you guys were on par with the U.S. dollar.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems like this is what you really want. You can get anything you want totally custom for about $150K. You can also buy an American PRODUCTION vehicle like the Bronco. If Ford tried to please everyone on the forum they would have like a bzillion packages. It's a PRODUCTION VEHICLE, not a custom. If you wait till next year I am sure they'll add things like tire upgrade packages, different interiors and who knows what else.
https://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/models/dbx

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you wait till next year I am sure they'll add things like tire upgrade packages, different interiors and who knows what else.
https://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/models/dbx
There is a very good reason for them to do this. I think where they are losing some money is by not having some specific packages that are available across all trims lik4e you mentioned.
They would have made a lot more people happy if there was a Cold Weather package or a Sound upgrade (maybe not to full Lux B/O standard)
Sponsored