Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You want a badlands without 1 feature thatll help the resale value and provide offroad utility... to an offroad vehicle.
Honestly, you're looking for a reason to bitch and looking HARD.
It’s a 10k difference!
Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hear ya. I went with the BB as it seems like the most versatile/optionable to customize with Ford’s screwy options and it has a good residual. I have to have the LED headlamps which I got on the BB, but the BD can’t???? I prioritize the signature headlamps over the vinyl/leather seats tho

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my gripe to add to the debate. Its small and nitpicky as shit but I dont care. Every Bronco is equipped with Sync 4 which, as a standard feature, has wireless CarPlay/AA. Why the hell would they not allow every trim level the add-on option of the wireless phone charger?? First world probs but def trying to understand why its only available as part of the Lux package. I already know the answer

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You want a badlands without 1 feature thatll help the resale value and provide offroad utility... to an offroad vehicle.
Honestly, you're looking for a reason to bitch and looking HARD.
That a stupid comment. I want want badlands without 3 options and they tell me those 3 cost me $8-10k more? How about you all give us $10k so we can upgrade to BL just so we can get that extra option and let’s here you bitch so we can tell you to put a sock in it...

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my gripe to add to the debate. Its small and nitpicky as shit but I dont care. Every Bronco is equipped with Sync 4 which, as a standard feature, has wireless CarPlay/AA. Why the hell would they not allow every trim level the add-on option of the wireless phone charger?? First world probs but def trying to understand why its only available as part of the Lux package. I already know the answer
Simple...charge you $$$$s more for a $100 option you wanted that’s included only in said package. 🤣

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm going to answer my own question - it's all about the Benjamins - but seriously, it annoys me.

As for what I need in a bronco:
  • I need the 4-door for family - that is my truly only basic need.
As for what I want:
  • I want black MGV seats that are easy to maintain
  • I want the 2.7L / 10speed
  • I want the LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires 33s with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Can only get it on the BLs)
  • I want the high-package (can only get on the BL, OBX, and WT)
    • The OBX Interior is atrocious
    • The WT is too expensive and I'm not a fan of the hood graphic
    • And when you start adding the things I do want to the BL, the price becomes higher than a WT, which has SAS.
  • I want the steel heavy-duty bumpers (extra)
  • I want the signature LED lights (can't get it on the BD for some dumb reason)
  • I want the rock rails (extra)
  • I want the 12-inch touch screen (see above - have to get the high-package, which is only available on OBX, BL, WT, and FE).
  • I want sport mode
I don't need:
  • SAS
  • Sway-bar disconnect

At this point, I'm debating just getting a base or BB, and doing all this aftermarket stuff myself, later. I guess I won't (At least not cheaply) be able to get the 12-inch screen, but other than that, maybe I can actually get the Bronco I want.

Just annoyed at the options. I just can't justify spending over 50k on a BL at the moment. And yes, I know I am whining, but I just feel like there is a lack of options here, so Ford can make more money. Frustrating. (Just venting, sorry).

Curious what others are doing.
I ordered a BB with upgrades. The only difference between my BB and the standard WT is the Baja goat mode which I don’t need anyways and came out cheaper 👍

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread screams “Entitlement”
i know. Fuck me for wanting just a little more reasonability in choice

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread screams “Entitlement”
No, every single option can be added or removed free from everything else. The fact of the matter is that you have to spend $10K+ over a $38k vehicle. To get a cpl options worth $2-3k at best. That’s pathetic. You should have optional fabric or vinyl in base model. Optional auto vs manual 4x4 select. Head lights. The vehicle is modular. They rant and rave over how modular it is and yet you can’t pick and choose what you want in it from the ground up? It ain’t modular!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They rant and rave over how modular it is and yet you can’t pick and choose what you want in it from the ground up?
Well, it's all raving, no ranting, but you make a good point!

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, every single option can be added or removed free from everything else. The fact of the matter is that you have to spend $10K+ over a $38k vehicle. To get a cpl options worth $2-3k at best. That’s pathetic. You should have optional fabric or vinyl in base model. Optional auto vs manual 4x4 select. Head lights. The vehicle is modular. They rant and rave over how modular it is and yet you can’t pick and choose what you want in it from the ground up? It ain’t modular!
Well it's called a base model for a reason. You can't expect to put everything on it and BB is basically a base. Don't even know why that model exist other than to get people to upgrade to the BD Or above.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to answer my own question - it's all about the Benjamins - but seriously, it annoys me.

As for what I need in a bronco:
  • I need the 4-door for family - that is my truly only basic need.
As for what I want:
  • I want black MGV seats that are easy to maintain
  • I want the 2.7L / 10speed
  • I want the LT285/70R17 All-Terrain A/T Tires 33s with the 17" Black High Gloss-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Can only get it on the BLs)
  • I want the high-package (can only get on the BL, OBX, and WT)
    • The OBX Interior is atrocious
    • The WT is too expensive and I'm not a fan of the hood graphic
    • And when you start adding the things I do want to the BL, the price becomes higher than a WT, which has SAS.
  • I want the steel heavy-duty bumpers (extra)
  • I want the signature LED lights (can't get it on the BD for some dumb reason)
  • I want the rock rails (extra)
  • I want the 12-inch touch screen (see above - have to get the high-package, which is only available on OBX, BL, WT, and FE).
  • I want sport mode
I don't need:
  • SAS
  • Sway-bar disconnect

At this point, I'm debating just getting a base or BB, and doing all this aftermarket stuff myself, later. I guess I won't (At least not cheaply) be able to get the 12-inch screen, but other than that, maybe I can actually get the Bronco I want.

Just annoyed at the options. I just can't justify spending over 50k on a BL at the moment. And yes, I know I am whining, but I just feel like there is a lack of options here, so Ford can make more money. Frustrating. (Just venting, sorry).

Curious what others are doing.
Regardless of whether you like the price or not, the majority of what you "want" is the definition of the Badlands. Sounds to me like you have champagne taste on a beer budget.
If you lose the requirement for the 12" screen then the Black Diamond is a good alternative.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes ford did us dirty with packages and interiors but I'm dumb and want what I want and will burn money in the process. I'll never need more capability than BB but I like creature comforts and bigger tires so here we are spending a ton more money than originally budgeted

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless of whether you like the price or not, the majority of what you "want" is the definition of the Badlands. Sounds to me like you have champagne taste on a beer budget.
If you lose the requirement for the 12" screen then the Black Diamond is a good alternative.
i’m just annoyed I have to spend an extra $10,000 to get maybe $2000 worth of upgrades that I want. I have the budget. Just don’t see the upside.