Sponsored

Why don’t people like the OEM tires/wheels?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always love the look of factory wheels with fat meaty tires. Better than any aftermarket wheel if I do say so myself and I did say so myself.
I agree. I'm a stickler.about wheels myself. 99% of aftermarket wheels are gross.
Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I decided to keep an OEM, vanilla look, so I kept my Big Bend rims and just upgraded the tires. I have no plans on replacing the rims at all.

I would have to say that the stock General Grabbers that come on the Big Bend were really comfortable. Also was nice having my MPG at 21.6 too.

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also worth noting is different rims or spacers are needed to jump to 35's, which is pretty common. I wasn't a fan of any of the OEM rims until the Everglades were released, to me they look better than 98% of after-market rims people "upgraded" to.
I also like the Everglades wheels. Similar to a Black Rhino but hub centric. Same size and offset as SAS. Unclear on weight. Package weight is 205# for all 5, or 41# each. But that should include shipping materials. I’m guessing 30-35# actual wheel weight.

$1,550 for set of 5 from Ford Performance. Pretty reasonable for *factory* wheels. Takeoffs should be less if you can find them.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1007K-P1785E

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

sundaeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the BD steels, just wanted a larger/more durable tire and Goodyear, just happened to come out with the Duratrac-RTs at the right time (7.5 width limits tire choices over 33") . My brother wanted the Generals for his Ranger, so it was Merry Christmas to him :)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for input.
[/QUOTE]
When I purchased my Base I intended to replace the wheels and tires. Two years later I still have them. I'm really liking the look of these steelies, it fits the minimalist styling of the Base perfectly and more like "real" Broncos the 2Dr folks are always telling harping on :ROFLMAO:. I will get AT tires next time, but these smallish tires have been great and my idea of off roading is getting to the ski area after 2 ft of snow -- and its been great for that!

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think all of the OEM wheels for the Bronco look good, but my #1 concern was weight.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Edit to add: Factory Rubber is always picked by the bean-counters for low cost and soft ride, not performance. The odds of me replacing ANY vehicle tires with what the factory picked are zero.
1,000% correct

OEM tires are chosen for being soft and lightweight to boost MPG ratings and test drive comfort. Nothing more.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People get caught up in making modifications to their vehicles. Changing the wheels/tires is one of the simplest mods someone can make to really transform the look of their rig. That being said, I feel Ford offered some decent stocks wheels from the factory.

I didn‘t want my bronco lifted as it’s an everyday driver and I needed max gas mileage… so I actually like the look of the tires it came with. That being said I see tons of posts of people wanting to sell the oem and not being able to get much for them because none of you want them.

Questions - why don’t people like them?

When I need new tires I should probably look to buy some from all of you that want to ditch them rather than pay $1,200 at a tire store, correct?

Thank you for input.

Sponsored

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
1,000% correct

OEM tires are chosen for being soft and lightweight to boost MPG ratings and test drive comfort. Nothing more.
Yeah. The Pirelli P Zeros that came on a few of my vehicles and nothing but price point placeholders.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah. The Pirelli P Zeros that came on a few of my vehicles and nothing but price point placeholders.
and your Audi SQ5 is no Ford... :LOL:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Because they are garbage P-rated minivan tires that will puncture at the sight of a twig, rock, or cholla spine.

Also mine are Bridgestones, which means they are Firestones, and I still haven't forgiven those bastards for the Wilderness HT tires that lasted less than 1000 miles on my Ranger.

But to your point, tires are expensive. I'm going to try to get the most out of mine before I swap them to a decent C rated tire. Either Coopers or Generals.

Different Broncos come with different tires though. The Generals on the Black Diamond are (IMO) by far the best. The BD also had the best rims until this year.

Edit to add: Factory Rubber is always picked by the bean-counters for low cost and soft ride, not performance. The odds of me replacing ANY vehicle tires with what the factory picked are zero.
Agreed except for high performance cars. Like Porsche GT, M4, etc. They have vehicle specific tires manufactured by Michelin. If you put the non OE tires on those cars, the handling behavior will be different.

mbc15

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In every way, the OBX is the perfect trim for my needs, price aside. And I really like the OBX wheels, but don't love the tires. I'm either going with badlands tires/wheels if it's easy to find a set at the time of delivery, or putting 33" KO2s on the OBX wheels.
Sponsored