Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only went up to 70mpg in my test drive and I agree with you. Other than tire noise, the truck itself was very planted and solid. Seems to be a well designed and well built vehicle. And one thing for sure, it’s way better than any crappy wranglers I’ve driven.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last month, I passed a slow moving car on I-40 heading to the beach. Speedometer read 93, so I sped up to 101 and my Bronco began to shake. Took my foot off the pedal and got back down to 80 mph.

denverbronco2023

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 A4 Avant (BT, 350whp), '18 Mazda CX9, Bronc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Limited at 101...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They do roll out pretty smooth, don't they?

One of the reasons I went with a known, quality brand of wheel, Method. I wasn't disappointed. I've had the cheaper ones not roll out very well.

The only redeeming quality of the Toyo's however, is the fact they do balance out really nice, so my Interstate drives are still silky smooth. They absolutely suck in any other measure.

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I find myself naturally driving probably 10 mph slower than if I was driving our Subaru Ascent in all situations. Highway or backroads. Soft top non-sas with general ATX with 3.73.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I only went up to 70mpg in my test drive and I agree with you. Other than tire noise, the truck itself was very planted and solid. Seems to be a well designed and well built vehicle. And one thing for sure, it’s way better than any crappy wranglers I’ve driven.
70 mpg? Best I gotvis about 25.

OTOH I have several times hit the speed limiter at 101 MPH

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last month, I passed a slow moving car on I-40 heading to the beach. Speedometer read 93, so I sped up to 101 and my Bronco began to shake. Took my foot off the pedal and got back down to 80 mph.
It should not shake. You need wheels balanced or the front half shaft recall

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is why I no longer have a Jeep.

Out in Montana our speed limit is 80 on the interstates. We also get high winds. Driving the Jeep at 80 on 35s was miserable. I spent so much money on the steering system and suspension. It was never great.

Sponsored

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
because you're way up off the road

Dunning Kruger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D OBX 2.7L Bronco, 2015 Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going 90 in a Bronco and not knowing? Ha! What other cars do you drive?

I have an Audi A7 and a Lexus LS460. Going 90 in the Bronco is very noticeable relative to the Audi or Lexus. The latter two glide over the highway and are relatively quiet at that speed. And I've had both going much faster than 90; and faster than the 101 limit of the Bronco.

The Bronco at 90 sounds like there is a window open, and is nowhere near as smooth as a car that is designed to drive fast.

I'm not complaining. I didn't buy it to drive fast down the interstate. But unlike the Audi or the Lexus, when I get up at 80 or higher, I know it.

I did peg the Bronco at the 101 max. I'd say speed limiting is a wise choice for the Bronco, and driving at such high a high speed in a car like that is, well, foolhardy. But I had to do it once.

Last edited:

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.7 Sas limited to 107. I've seen 110 a couple times w/traction control off. There's more there, Ford doesn't want the liability.

OP
OP
BroncoKing610

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Going 90 in a Bronco and not knowing? Ha! What other cars do you drive?

I have an Audi A7 and a Lexus LS460. Going 90 in the Bronco is very noticeable relative to the Audi or Lexus. The latter two glide over the highway and are relatively quiet at that speed. And I've had both going much faster than 90; and faster than the 101 limit of the Bronco.

The Bronco at 90 sounds like there is a window open, and is nowhere near as smooth as a car that is designed to drive fast.

I'm not complaining. I didn't buy it to drive fast down the interstate. But unlike the Audi or the Lexus, when I get up at 80 or higher, I know it.

I did peg the Bronco at the 101 max. I'd say speed limiting is a wise choice for the Bronco, and driving at such high a high speed in a car like that is, well, foolhardy. But I had to do it once.
agreed.
But for the amount of times I’ve had the music on and just been cruising down the highway at 70-75 and then noticing Im pushing 85-90 without the slightest feel is insane, especially for a cardboard box on 35s

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
80, 90 MPH is too fast in the Bronco- too near the limit of 101. Our 2 door Sas accelerates very quickly and yeah sometimes I get carried away and get it up to 80, then slow down to between 65 and 68 MPH- nice safe cruising speed and get the most MPG.
Sponsored