Sponsored

why is the swaybar disconnect said not to be on the wildtrax?

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not looking to dispute the previous opinions because I agree that you won't "need" the sway disconnect for less challenging trails, but I did want offer my experience.

We are on the trails 2-3 weekends a month in the late spring and summer. We run anything from easy ghost town runs to hang with our Jeep friends to difficult trails that require an experienced spotter and a fairly built rig to traverse.

While the less technical trails could easily be traversed with a sway disconnect, once they start getting beat up and bumpy, I almost always disconnect the sway for comfort. On the JK, this requires being in 4wd so the computer will allow you to disconnect as well as being below the 18-20 mph speed threshold. I wish I could disconnect n 2wd but that is not how it is programmed.

On really bumpy (but easy) trails, there is a noticeable difference in ride comfort.. This is with the tires already aired down and I imagine it would be more noticeable when aired all the way up.

Again, not disputing was is "needed", just adding another perspective.

One of the reasons my WT reservation will likely turn into an optioned out BadSquach.
You say something important here.... you disconnect for comfort
Not just to get over an obstacle
Wanted to be sure everyone caught that
Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And don't get me wrong, if I lived in AZ or NM where there were long open runs I would likely get the WT as well. I am a Raptor owner and I can fully appreciate the benefits of a properly tuned suspension made to go fast over less than optimal surface conditions. It is what the Raptor absolutely does best. I expect that is what the Wildtrak with do best too.

Over 20mph this debate is irrelevant anyway. :) I do not expect the Hydraulic disconnecting sway to perform as well as the traditional tuned sway bar built for high speed stability. Apples and oranges.

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what do sport and baja mode do that you would cancel your order if you can't get them? Did I miss where there function was described? I blast across the desert all the time in my Raptor but never use the "whatever it's called" mode because it keeps the revs really high, and once I'm up to speed I don't need the engine at 4k, even if I'm cruising at 70 mph. The tow/haul button also keeps the engine about 1 gear lower, and even holds gears when doing down hills. Hmmm...wonder if the Raptor has a sport button....

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Hydraulic sway bar disconnect should be a part of the Sasquatch package !!

make everything easy

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sway bar disconnect goes against a sport mode suspension setup. In sport mode you want a solid sway bar. Any play in it would be detrimental. I am thinking with a auto disconnect setup you may sacrifice some sway bar stiffness that you would need for sport mode. The person above mentioned disconnecting for comfort which is not the case. All vehicles run with sway bars. It’s unsafe to run without a connected sway bar at any real speed.

Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sway bar disconnect goes against a sport mode suspension setup. In sport mode you want a solid sway bar. Any play in it would be detrimental. I am thinking with a auto disconnect setup you may sacrifice some sway bar stiffness that you would need for sport mode. The person above mentioned disconnecting for comfort which is not the case. All vehicles run with sway bars. It’s unsafe to run without a connected sway bar at any real speed.
He meant on the trails. I’ve read many comments on other forums that disconnecting the sway bar on even mild trails make for a comfortable ride.

OP
OP

Orionpco

Wildtrak
First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
taco, jeep and prius
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You all have good solid opinions. I just want all the features I can get out of the box. I have lost interest in modifications. I'm sure that sounds dire to some. At the end of the day in this part off my life I'm willing to pay a premium to simply purchase the best and most versatile model and enjoy it like it was born
Sponsored