First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesn't matter how many options you put on a bronco it will never be a luxury vehicle.
Neither is a truck. I'd be hard pressed to find anyone thinking that a fully loaded Bronco is a luxury vehicle. But people like their creature comforts. If you can put higher end features on a KIA (also not a luxury vehicle), then if people are willing to pay for such features and Ford is obliged to provide them, why do you care?
Sponsored

DaveM95

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Only a couple of things I want and can't get, heated seats and remote start. Have never had either so I won't miss them. They are in my "nice to have" category...
I put a remote start in my 2018 f150 in like 5 minutes in my driveway , trust me it’s very easy I wouldn’t let that be a deciding factor ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bone base or base squatch is the only bronco I am interested in. I might have to go bone cause no mansquatch is available at this point. It doesn't matter how many options you put on a bronco it will never be a luxury vehicle.
My choices exactly. I've got nothing against automatics, might even prefer and the auto is "free" right now in the B&P with Sas and all the other cool Sas stuff. But, a manual is just too cool, $ 6K cheaper and lighter to tow behind the RV, but I would need $2K tires and wheels. Ah, what to do...

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Neither is a truck. I'd be hard pressed to find anyone thinking that a fully loaded Bronco is a luxury vehicle. But people like their creature comforts. If you can put higher end features on a KIA (also not a luxury vehicle), then if people are willing to pay for such features and Ford is obliged to provide them, why do you care?
I guess it's the $50-$60k price tag that has me thinking in the luxury vehicle realm. But yeah, peaple do buy well optioned pickup trucks. It's just not what I'm interested in.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I guess it's the $50-$60k price tag that has me thinking in the luxury vehicle realm. But yeah, peaple do buy well optioned pickup trucks. It's just not what I'm interested in.
The average transaction price for a new car in the US is about $38,000. Ford's average is $44,000. And that's transaction price, not MSRP. So, $50-60k isn't anywhere near luxury car status. And the average doesn't include luxury brands like Mercedes and BMW.

Ford Bronco Why not Base Sasquatch help Screenshot 2020-12-02 160849

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The average transaction price for a new car in the US is about $38,000. Ford's average is $44,000. And that's transaction price, not MSRP. So, $50-60k isn't anywhere near luxury car status. And the average doesn't include luxury brands like Mercedes and BMW.

Ford Bronco Why not Base Sasquatch help Screenshot 2020-12-02 160849
Hehehe, you win, whatever

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm all for you mansquatch devotees getting what you want!!!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My local dealer sent out an email stating they might have a demo driver in june july to test drive i hope its a 2.3 manual ,2.7 auto ?

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You got it. The relative resale value of options and trims goes down as a percentage as you add them. My base Bronco can likely be sold in +5 years 60K miles for $20K (33% depreciation, $10K in absolute dollars). No way your $54K higher trim level will similar miles vehicle will be worth $36K in +5 years.

Hypothetically, even if it were, I would lose $10K to depreciation. You would lose $18K.
plus, if you can, the value of investment in the difference ($54k - $30k = $24k) over time

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local dealer sent out an email stating they might have a demo driver in june july to test drive i hope its a 2.3 manual ,2.7 auto ?
Given that time period, If everything goes right, the first demo I drive will be mine...

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just when I thought I had made my mind up between Base+squanch (adding BD standard equip) or BD +mid & Advanced 4x4... I'm pretty sure it's worth the extra $2.5k for me to go BD, but saving that money would be sweet as well lol. Weighing out suspension upgrades, front locker, and bigger wheels/tires vs interior and mid (plus CO/CG availability) and the fact I would really be wanting to change out those squanch wheels/tires and there goes a good chunk of the savings.

Is there a breakdown somewhere of the Copilot 360 components that are "turned on" in Base? Some of the things listed in the Mid that I want for the other half seem to really be stuff that is in the CoPilot 360 and on the base as well.

Is Adv 4x4 much benefit outside of snow? Living in Florida it would be an investment that I may or may not need in the future. And leaving that off BD makes it a wash price wise.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those look way better than I thought they would.
And they are in the same price range as aftermarket.

Another must have,.... thanks. :cautious:?
I agree, it’s a good idea to click on these items and take a closer look. I have definitely added them to my list.

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just when I thought I had made my mind up between Base+squanch (adding BD standard equip) or BD +mid & Advanced 4x4... I'm pretty sure it's worth the extra $2.5k for me to go BD, but saving that money would be sweet as well lol. Weighing out suspension upgrades, front locker, and bigger wheels/tires vs interior and mid (plus CO/CG availability) and the fact I would really be wanting to change out those squanch wheels/tires and there goes a good chunk of the savings.

Is there a breakdown somewhere of the Copilot 360 components that are "turned on" in Base? Some of the things listed in the Mid that I want for the other half seem to really be stuff that is in the CoPilot 360 and on the base as well.

Is Adv 4x4 much benefit outside of snow? Living in Florida it would be an investment that I may or may not need in the future. And leaving that off BD makes it a wash price wise.
I think the only thing you get with the Base is pre collision breaking. I think.

Buckleup45

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Squatch and the options available give me just about everything I want and for the things I do that aren't available:

1. Towing capability - Aftermarket hitches and wiring harnesses are ~$250
  2. Heated Seats - Katzkin custom leather professionally installed with heating/cooling for ~$2k (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/has-anyone-done-katzkin-degreez.4495/post-109620) - for reference on quality
  3. Remote start - Start-X remote starter (works with factory key fob) on Amazon $140 (https://www.amazon.com/Start-X-Expe...e+start+kit+ford+ranger&qid=1613143773&sr=8-2)
Just to jump up one trim level to Big Bend Squatch with the same drivetrain, base options, and the Mid package and towing would bump up my cost $6975.

(Side note: FWIW that $6975 after 6% sales tax and 3% loan interest at 72 months is actually $8,088.)

I can add the towing and those options listed above that I care about from the mid package for $2400 and have leather seats with a custom color pattern of my choosing to boot, saving me $4575.

And for folks who do plan to do some off-roading, you can then buy quality heavy duty front and rear bumpers, rockers, full underbody skidplating, LED lights, manual swaybar disconnects, and a winch for $4575 (assuming similar costs to the same items for a JL Wrangler) and have a fully actualized and self customized, trail ready machine for the same price as a factory Big Bend Mid Squatch with none of those things.

It's really a no brainer to me. Base Squatch is a value slam dunk.
Sponsored