First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The interior is in line with yy 84 Cherokee, but that's what I expected on a $29K vehicle.
Have you ever seen the interior of a 90's Ferrari F355? It makes my Bronco look positively plush. Too make matters worse, both my 95 and 99 Miata had better interiors than my Ferrari (although the 99 did need some JDM Mazda type F racing seats to really measure up).

You can spend a lot of money on a vehicle and still get a shit interior... Of course, nothing quite compared to the song of F355 V-8 ripping at 8750 rpm...

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you ever seen the interior of a 90's Ferrari F355? It makes my Bronco look positively plush. Too make matters worse, both my 95 and 99 Miata had better interiors than my Ferrari (although the 99 did need some JDM Mazda type F racing seats to really measure up).

You can spend a lot of money on a vehicle and still get a shit interior... Of course, nothing quite compared to the song of F355 V-8 ripping at 8750 rpm...
Many of nights road tripping in a 84 Fiero, and 86 GT, yeah they had crappy interiors also.

Billy Baroo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly this.

Look at B6G here, look at all the Wildtrack buyers who say they traded in their Hellcat Jailbreak on a Wildtrack. It’s just the latest bling. If they were an actual off-roader they would have bought a Base and put Dana 60’s in it.
Why are you both on this site, go a

Sponsored

Billy Baroo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My totally unfounded speculation is that people ordered a Wildtrak as a high end luxury, awesome offroader to be used as daily driver.
EX: a cooler looking Grand Cherokee Limited.

Most people ordered them without ever seeing one in person or test driving one.

When they finally got it they found out it really lacks in the luxury aspect.
Cheap plastics, rough ride (compared to what the expected) and loud (tire and wind noise).
You are correct, you are unfounded

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
They’re not nice. They have all kinds of problems, they are loud, the entertainment part of the car lacks everything, and it feels dated.

a lot of consumers buy cars to have comfort features and cool factor. The Bronco is behind on a lot of features, loud as heck at higher speeds, isn’t super comfortable in any seat, and feels cheap. Top that off with it going from rare to seeing them all the time and the exclusivity is gone.

I’m already over mine. It was fun but the problems are mounting. I’m waiting for my new car to be ordered and delivered and the bronco will be gone.

Fun while it lasted but from the window issues, slow and unresponsive infotainment system, no ac or heat in the back seat due to crappy, almost non-existent vents and a cheap feeling interior that scratches if you look at it wrong and I’m all done. I could see many others in the same boat. Sell it while it’s high resale and get something you’ll enjoy rather than tough out a dud.

Billy Baroo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They’re not nice. They have all kinds of problems, they are loud, the entertainment part of the car lacks everything, and it feels dated.

a lot of consumers buy cars to have comfort features and cool factor. The Bronco is behind on a lot of features, loud as heck at higher speeds, isn’t super comfortable in any seat, and feels cheap. Top that off with it going from rare to seeing them all the time and the exclusivity is gone.

I’m already over mine. It was fun but the problems are mounting. I’m waiting for my new car to be ordered and delivered and the bronco will be gone.

Fun while it lasted but from the window issues, slow and unresponsive infotainment system, no ac or heat in the back seat due to crappy, almost non-existent vents and a cheap feeling interior that scratches if you look at it wrong and I’m all done. I could see many others in the same boat. Sell it while it’s high resale and get something you’ll enjoy rather than tough out a dud.
Another Base owner, sell your Bronco and go away. Why do you follow this site and complain about your Bronco.

Sponsored

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Nice, I’d also throw the sound of my 2017 GT350 (5.2L Voodoo V8) in with the awesome sounding V8’s, when nearing the 8K+ redline and “snicking through the 6sp manual trans…what an absolute magical experience. Loved that you could only get the 6-sp manual trans👍
My apologies OP, waaay off track with this…

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you don't think fuel economy and the economy have an impact on trading cars in, you didn't live through the 70s.
I'm 66 and certainly remember the oil embargo and everything that went with it. Of course fuel economy has an impact but anyone buying a Bronco can't have that very high on their list. I mean does someone buy a Bronco and a month later they go oh my god, I'm only getting 18 MPG, gee I didn't think it would get that bad of MPG. I've had a Bronco now for 3 years, I bought it because of where it can take me and I can pop the top. Sure it gets bad MPG, I knew that going in, that's the price of admission. I guess my point is you can't single out a single model of the Bronco and say it's the MPG, the base gets just as lousy of MPG.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Orange County, California years 2021 - 2023 100-mile radius:
  • Badlands Advanced 2-Door 4WD(5)
  • Badlands Advanced 4-Door 4WD(27)
  • Big Bend 2-Door 4WD(5)
  • Big Bend 4-Door 4WD(11)
  • Black Diamond 2-Door 4WD(4)
  • Black Diamond 4-Door 4WD(5)
  • Everglades Advanced 4WD(2)
  • First Edition Advanced 2-Door 4WD(1)
  • First Edition Advanced 4-Door 4WD(4)
  • Heritage Limited Edition Advanced 2-Door 4WD(1)
  • Outer Banks 2-Door 4WD(1)
  • Outer Banks 4-Door 4WD(7)
  • Wildtrak Advanced 2-Door 4WD(12)
  • Wildtrak Advanced 4-Door 4WD(36)
No one must buy the OBX in Orange County. So the two highest trim levels (not counting the Raptor) have the most for sale. Actually I'm not sure what to make out that. It probably varies regionally as someone pointed out. I could honestly see though that people buying the higher trim levels have more money, either buy the latest fad and or are disappointed that the BL or WT isn't more like a Range Rover or Grand Wagoneer.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Know your meme suggested entry: WSMUW is an acronym for "why so many used Wildtraks," a type of social anxiety in which a person feels as if they are compelled to discover the reason behind an inexplicable market demand, or perceived lack of, and somehow missing an important experience or opportunity. See FOMO.

Ford Bronco Why so many used Wildtraks? WSMUW
Sponsored