Why why Why

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am dreading this happening to me too. Was always my plan to get a MT 2dr JL. But then after a few test drives and trying to picture my dogs + gear in that tiny area I did what 90% of other buyers do and went 4dr JLU with AT... Was embarrassed at first (and disappointed in myself) but that extra space really is nice. And not like a 4dr is suddenly a 3-row minivan - it is still pretty tight when loaded up.
Sponsored

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My advice. If she’s like my wife, tell her you really want a 2 door with vinyl seats and a manual transmission but you’ll compromise and give her leather and auto if you can keep the two door.

OP
OP
BroncoJay

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. I like to make my wife happy and she likes to make me happy. It doesn't always work that way but at least we try.

These "I do what I want posts" make me laugh. What if your other wanted to "do what they want" and spend $50k. Seeems like some may not want to make that compromise.

I don't know what OPs relationship is but I know this probably isn't where you should get your answers. Talk to your wife. Each make a pros and cons list. Compare. Discuss. Don't "stand up to her." Come to an agreement with each other.
Yep this is what keeps us married and actually liking each other ?
Unfortunately she makes a really good case for the 4 door
But sometimes I wanna be like that petulant 4 year old and say u can’t tell me what to do
Im a big boy?

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try saving for the 4dr Brocno and an engagement ring at the same time lol. This has been such a financial rollercoaster.

1601559606217.png
Bro wierdly... I'm in the same situation.
Wanna coordinate marriages?

Maybe we can get a "volume deal"....

Sponsored

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro wierdly... I'm in the same situation.
Wanna coordinate marriages?

Maybe we can get a "volume deal"....
Do any dealerships out there do proposal deals? @KindaOrange and I are trying to do a coordinated proposal and marriage deal. Sure the future fiancés would be THRILLED if we advertised your dealership at either of our proposals or weddings.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in a completely different place from the OP. I showed my wife some pictures of the new Bronco, and she immediately wanted one. Her father had two of them at his ranch, and she learned how to drive in a Bronco. So, she tells me to go ahead and reserve one. I then found this forum, and it has become an addiction without a cure.

Given that the only thing she cares about is the color, I have gone off the deep end. She will be perfectly happy with a BB, or BD, but I want to take it on Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, and other shelf roads in SW Colorado just to find out how it will perform. So, Badlands 4 Door it is! I know when she gets in it for the first time, she is going to ask me about the front and rear lockers, and what the heck they do!

Cyclekid

Black Diamond
First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1990 Bronco ii, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want to know why I see so many men catering to their wife for which Bronco they get or color they get! My wife has no say in the vehicles I buy with my money unless it's the dedicated family vehicle. I could understand if your wife was paying for it but if not, men need to grow some balls again and get what they want! My wife mentioned a four door and I looked at her and said no chance in hell. Later down the road we will buy a Bronco sport for our family. We have an explorer for our family now. This isn't the family car. ?

OP
OP
BroncoJay

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to know why I see so many men catering to their wife for which Bronco they get or color they get! My wife has no say in the vehicles I buy with my money unless it's the dedicated family vehicle. I could understand if your wife was paying for it but if not, men need to grow some balls again and get what they want! My wife mentioned a four door and I looked at her and said no chance in hell. Later down the road we will buy a Bronco sport for our family. We have an explorer for our family now. This isn't the family car. ?
That’s all well and good but I look at
My marriage as a partnership not a dictatorship..

We do an immense amount of camping and her thoughts it would be that much easier for hauling our shit. We spend nearly every bit of our vacation camping in the mountains so it for sure isn’t a “family” car
We are empty nesters...

Both models
Look pretty bad ass and I won’t shed too many tears over getting the 4 door if that’s what we decide...

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not "catering."

You talk that you have all the balls but I'm willing to bet your wife makes decisions against your "will."

Again, would you let her buy a $50k purse no questions asked? C'mon.

My balls are fine. I even have the balls to come on here and say that I make decisions with my wife instead of saying "hell no" to any of her ideas. Have some balls and listen and have a discussion with your wife.

Maybe I'm reading your post wrong but it drives me nuts when dudes think "balls" is telling their wives what's what.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In case you were unaware UT is a community property state so your money is her money despite how you feel about it if SHTF.
Now I understand where you are coming from, see my post on this matter if you care to on prior pages from this thread. Read it and let me know if you disagree with that.

I will say one item I do not consult the wife on is firearms, for that I buy what I want and I tell her what I am buying. She's cool with it.

Last edited:

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

dunno if this has been answered already ... if you get the soft top can you add the hard top later?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the wife has a point, best to listen. Particularly if you're one of those guys who complains a lot (most of you assholes! ?)

Complaints that'll come from having to go behind the seat, or if you drive 3-4 deep a lot, or definitely if there are kids. Getting a baby out of a car seat of a 2 door is torture; tried it once, for almost a year. Took a loss on that one to sell. Damn kid of mine! ? Don't worry, his ass is getting closer to cut grass duty every damn day!

Anyway, wives tend to know unless they're just overly cautious. Mileage may vary (Pun!) but more space won't hurt unless you're going to take it crawling.

I certainly wouldn't just go 2 door for the looks. All 2 doors and coupes look better than 4 doors or sedans. Appeals to the selfish bastard who lives inside of us all.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife wanted the 4 door for the room and while she has a point in the end I did it for the dogs :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Why why Why IMG_4714

The 4 door is the same length as my fsb but not as wide at the body for tighter wheeling without damage. Its no EB or CJ but neither is the new 2 door so I think we will be alright. The 4 door bronco looks way better than a 4 door jeep.

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everybody talking about making decision with their wife and I’m here like I’m just trying to get out of the friend zone.
But really I am talking to this girl and I told her I would take her and her dog on adventures.(she said she’s really excited) Also I’m getting a 4dr cause Imma be carpooling with 3 other ppl
Sponsored