Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because I'm tired of driving commuters. I've never been a car guy; a gun guy yes, but never a car guy. Only cared about having a reliable vehicle that gets me to where I need to go.
Last Summer, a friend and I dumped a lot of money into camping/ backpacking gear.
My idea of "where I need to go" has expanded, and it's hard to get a Chevy Cruze POS hatchback down forest roads and to remote camping.
In July after a nice camping trip and seeing all of the off road rigs out in the campgrounds I got home and started looking into off road vehicles. Started looking at Toyota, the FJ in particular. It didn't really tickle my fancy, but I stumbled onto some videos on the new Bronco and it was love at first sight. After watching some videos and looking into the specs I was sold. Absolutely in love, and I'm convinced it's more than capable to get me to wherever I want to go.
I don't have a use for a truck, jeeps don't really appeal to me, and Toyota is over priced for what you are actually paying for.

I don't want some hand me down beater trail rig, and I don't have the room or means or knowledge to work on one. I want something new that I can break in.
It really feels Ford did this one right.
I think there's a collective "return to the woods" vibe in a lot of America right now. People wanna get out and get away; get back to nature. Doing that in a reborn iconic American vehicle.... well, I think it's about time.
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch package gives me everything I want from the factory.
2 lockers 35" tires crawler gear.
No one else has that yet.
And with all that available on the base model or any other model.

I don't need a bronco but every vehicle I have gotten has been more of a want then need.

If Ford had made the bronco anything less then it is I would be looking at a 4runner or an fj. Or a jeep. Or just drive the vehicals I have now. They would be good for the next 5 to 8 years.

Just wait till people see the bronco in person, even more people will want them.

The bronco pickup will be a winner too, as long as Ford keeps the formula.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Similar story. I drove around the bronco on the farm as a teen, and, when I got my license,my parent sent me out on the road in an 83 orange full size bronco with a 351. When I was in my senior year of college, they got rid of it. I have been wanting a bronco ever since. Luckily now I can afford it and it won't be old.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
In 1993, I went to the BOSTON AUTO SHOW???. There was a bright yellow 1994 Defender 90 sitting there with the top off. I climbed into the back with the rubber floor, 4 inward facing rear seats, open top and it was pure MAGIC!

I bought the 94 Green?? Defender 90 as soon as it hit the dealer. What a beast! I was smitten. Driving Boston to Vermont most weekends in the winter was cold as the vehicle would not stay warm. Sold it the next year and bought the 95 Defender 90 hardtop, blue w/white top. That vehicle would keep warm enough that you didn't need to wear a ski jacket while driving. Both the Defenders would go about 80 mph when floored and got 10 mpg. They were loud aF too, so sold #2 a year later. Eventually bought a couple 2 door Wranglers, including he first year Rubicon. Better road manners than the Defenders and slightly easier top removal. Later I moved on to a 4-Runner and drove that for 7 years. Loved it, great car! Very good and fast on the highway and very capable off-road. After selling that I owned two more 4-door Rubicons and drove both from Texas to Panama and back. Those were crazy, awesome road trips the the 4-door jeeps were perfect down there. I could do about 100 mph for hours on end on Mexican highways with Mexican police flying past me going 120.

Have though about another new Jeep for me family (2 very young daughters?‍?‍?‍?). Heard about the Bronco return and was intrigued. When I saw the final design, I re-lived the excitement I had when seeing the yellow Defender back in the day. Ford COMPLETELY NAILED ? the new design imo! It's about as perfect as it can be!

Totally excited about the front IFS! Super excited about the 2.7L auto ⚙ because ALL my prior Jeeps, Defenders and 4-Runner felt under-powered. I like going fast, what can I say? Open top with NO CENTER CROSS MEMBER is great! I'll probably only take off the doors a couple times in 10 years, but will love doing it!

People will argue about Bronco/Wrangler capability and I don't care. Bronco will be 100 times better on-road which is where I'll spend 97.1% of my time. It will be graet off-road and do way more than I'll demand of it. Bronco looks 100 times cooler imo. Where Land Rover dropped the ball and completely RUINED THE NEW DEFENDER, Ford did the impossible, it created a modern, retro, gorgeous, capable vehicle that has me more excited about a getting a new car than I've ever been and That's no small feat.

- 4-Door, 2.7L Cyber Orange ? hardtop Badlands (Black Diamond??) (? grey?)

Last edited:

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've always loved Broncos, one of my moms boyfriends when I was a kid had a first gen that he took me fishing with a few times. I've owned a 94, always lusted after a 96 Eddie Bauer 351 but finding a clean low mile example is hard.

Last few years I came close to pulling the trigger on a new or newer convertible Mustang. In Alaska I'd only get to drive it maybe 6 months of the year and enjoy it 3 of those months. So for me the Bronco is my year round Mustang!

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why a Bronco?

Because every other "SUV" on the road looks like they came from the same uni-body mold. They suck.

Because Jeeps suck.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's the only thing that has peaked my interest. Jeeps all look the same year after year and the bronco just looks right.
Nailed it. Same here.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. i can’t stand the 3.6 in the wife’s jeep GC.
2. she’s always asking to drive my wrangler.
3. Only thing that had peaked the wife’s interest and I didnt want her waiting around until 2023 when the new 4runner is released.
Sponsored