First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Many of you may have seen the story, over a year ago now. After 9 build dates and intervention from Jim Farley and Mike Levine our 2 door Outer Banks in AntiMatter Blue was delivered early November 2021. It was a surprise gift for my cancer survivor wife and all the horrible shit she's been through. There are almost no two doors where we live so she is CONSTANTLY being approached at gas stations and stores by people commenting how awesome her truck is and they love the wheels. She works in the ski industry and is frequently told she owns the coolest vehicle in the lot. Driving careful on the highway with the 2.7 we can get 22 mpg. Considering the tires and shape of the vehicle, we are completely happy with that. She LOVES her Bronco and loves driving it, It makes her feel young and special and cool. So no, absolutely zero remorse whatsoever. Ok, maybe I wish it was paid off, but I'm working on that.

You can watch the reveal here:

Read the story here: https://thebronconation.com/a-bronc...-breast-cancer-survivor-wife-with-new-bronco/

Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? 20211204_130944
Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? 20220622_102230
Ford Bronco Anybody have Bronco buyer's remorse and why? 20220622_102244
Sponsored

Monstertorch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Honda, Ducati
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regrets? Only oneā€¦ we made a single reservation (not being greedy), and after eight months of owning mine, now my wife wants one of her own šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

no remorse, no regrets at all šŸ‘

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel remorseful. I came from luxury cars (Audi, Porsche, BMW, Land Rover). When I bought those cars, although they were all car salespeople, the experience was customer service oriented. When I would book service, the same. I just took my Bronco in for its first service. I paid up front for oil changes, etc. I thought I would get a rental car included as I thought that is what I read. That was not the case. I bought the car an hour or more away from me in traffic so it is not convenient. Also they have no rental company on the spot and failed to drive me to the rental place. They said take the shuttle which was non-existent. I had to walk across the highway with all of my bags (a lot because of what I do). There were only rentals at $140 a day. They said I could pick up the car on Monday. When I got there to drop the car off they said they couldnā€™t promise when it was like be ready.
I called another Ford dealership prior and it was the same thing. By the way this Dealership (where I bought my car from never returned my call about having it looked at as the car shuts or bucks when I accelerate when passing or press on the gas. It is as if it is stalling.
I said this in the forum before and never got a response frkm @Ford Motor Company even though they responded to the other person that complained about it.
The Bluetooth does not work well. It is spotty and there is always a problem with reconnecting my phone. I never had this problem in my Audi and am rentjnf a Honda SUV right now that has no issues with Bluetooth, Car Play and Google Maps. So it is not user error.
The seat is tilted upward where my knees meet my calves not allowing me to sit properly for my body. My knees end up hurting.
The cruise control is weird and not easy to use.
When I do use Bluetooth, it cuts out a lot. The antenna on top of the car does not do it justice. My Audi had the antenna inside the wind shield.
my antenna also hits my garage door each time I back out.
I have heard is not doing well but maybe I am wrong. They have a lot to learn about customer service from the luxury cars or even foreign cars such as Toyota and Honda. This is my first new American Car that I bought from a
Dealership for new cars that are American made. I am not impressed.
Eyates . . .
So, I can not agree you more. However, I don't think that the lack of customer service is only in the Automotive industry. So many people don't, for some reason, want or appreciate good customer service. They want what they want when they want it with no interaction with other people if possible. I am in the Medical Service industry and people come in to see one of my providers and are rude enough to be on the phone the entire time that they are in my office. Really people, I am not making this up, she set the phone down to explain her issue, she didn't hang up on the caller, she just set the phone down next to her.

I am so very sorry that you are going thru this with your dealership, it really isn't called for and I don't understand how businesses operate like this. If I were you, I would go in one morning with a couple boxes of donuts and drop them off in the service department. Get to know your service advisor, tech and the service director. I have my Ford Dealership's service director in my phone list. I make sure that I greet everyone that works there with a smile and a good morning every time that I go there. Hold them accountable, let your advisor know what you expect and how you wish to be communicated with. If you want a daily update, then explain that to them, if want to know what parts are going on your car before they go on, make sure that they understand. However, I suggest that you not come across with a better then you attitude or they will put you at the bottom of every list that they have.

Rental vehicles with Ford have always been an issue, especially since COVID and the lack of available vehicle to sell yet alone to put in the fleet to be a rental for a basic oil change is getting to be slim pickings. I know one of the options under the Ford ESP program is first day rental car, which could be the answer to your question.

I truly feel bad that you are having a tough time right now, good quality customer service is, I am afraid, is a thing of the past in a lot of different areas. Next time take donuts! Bribery always works.

Eyates

Badlands
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eyates . . .
So, I can not agree you more. However, I don't think that the lack of customer service is only in the Automotive industry. So many people don't, for some reason, want or appreciate good customer service. They want what they want when they want it with no interaction with other people if possible. I am in the Medical Service industry and people come in to see one of my providers and are rude enough to be on the phone the entire time that they are in my office. Really people, I am not making this up, she set the phone down to explain her issue, she didn't hang up on the caller, she just set the phone down next to her.

I am so very sorry that you are going thru this with your dealership, it really isn't called for and I don't understand how businesses operate like this. If I were you, I would go in one morning with a couple boxes of donuts and drop them off in the service department. Get to know your service advisor, tech and the service director. I have my Ford Dealership's service director in my phone list. I make sure that I greet everyone that works there with a smile and a good morning every time that I go there. Hold them accountable, let your advisor know what you expect and how you wish to be communicated with. If you want a daily update, then explain that to them, if want to know what parts are going on your car before they go on, make sure that they understand. However, I suggest that you not come across with a better then you attitude or they will put you at the bottom of every list that they have.

Rental vehicles with Ford have always been an issue, especially since COVID and the lack of available vehicle to sell yet alone to put in the fleet to be a rental for a basic oil change is getting to be slim pickings. I know one of the options under the Ford ESP program is first day rental car, which could be the answer to your question.

I truly feel bad that you are having a tough time right now, good quality customer service is, I am afraid, is a thing of the past in a lot of different areas. Next time take donuts! Bribery always works.
What a nice response you wrote. Thank you. FYI, I even know the owner (well an acquaintance from the gym) and that didnā€™t help when I bought the car. I held the line and never gave them a review because I did not want to give them a bad review. It is very hard to give them donuts when it has been such a bad experience all around. I get it but instead I am going to change to another dealership closer by. Thank you for the kind words.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I originally got my Bronco to "flip" it and make an easy $15 to $20K.........After a week of driving it, I fell in love and now I'm going to likely easily spend $10k on it in upgrades....lol :rolleyes:. "Just when I thought I was out.....they pull me back in...." (Al Pacino, The Godfather)

Bigcat64

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5k miles on her now! My only regret is they are not available for others. I love seeing others on the road. Its like we know what we went through to get the rig lol

0A11CDE2-F924-416C-9864-968EEB838F80.jpeg
Sponsored