Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly I'll go against the grain here.

If you're not gonna off-road trade it in for the BD. You're only paying for things you will admittedly never use, and the BD will still take you on the dreamed off-roading you'll never do.

Unless you have unlimited money like half this forum seems to have, you'll find much much much better use of that 6k with a wife and kids.
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO do what will make you happy in the long run.

Keeping it is less hassle and it will retain value until they can meet demand. Plus side is you own it outright so not paying interest or heavy monthly.

If you're more comfortable getting in something that is aligned with your needs wait out a deal and sell/trade it.

The BD sounds perfect for your situation, but I love BL too. Either way it's a win-win, pick the option that will let you sleep the best.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you're not gonna off-road trade it in for the BD. You're only paying for things you will admittedly never use, and the BD will still take you on the dreamed off-roading you'll never do.

Unless you have unlimited money like half this forum seems to have, you'll find much much much better use of that 6k with a wife and kids.
I would agree, but that only IF he gets everything he wants on a trade and makes that money back. Selling it outright is a different story though, but may take much longer to do.

At this point in the game, it may be better to just keep what you have. The trade-in/sell game is never straight forward.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO do what will make you happy in the long run.

Keeping it is less hassle and it will retain value until they can meet demand. Plus side is you own it outright so not paying interest or heavy monthly.

If you're more comfortable getting in something that is aligned with your needs wait out a deal and sell/trade it.

The BD sounds perfect for your situation, but I love BL too. Either way it's a win-win, pick the option that will let you sleep the best.
Makes sense. Good position to be in..and itā€™s a great car to be ā€˜stuckā€˜ with šŸ˜€Thanks!

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. iā€™m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, Iā€™m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Hereā€™s some background info: I donā€™t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. Iā€™ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasnā€™t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I donā€™t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I donā€™t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ā€˜rightā€™ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless Iā€™m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also donā€™t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6ā€“7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Wonā€™t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entryā€¦.without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if itā€™s even worth having and paying for if youā€™ll never use it.

Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
Afternoon,

You worked hard for your money, you deserve to enjoy it. Buy what you want ( responsibly of course, you have kiddos), just about all of us Bronco owners only use its full capability about 10% of the time at best, so no worries you're not screwing yourself. You own it outright so you have the added freedom of selling it of you want and making a buck or keeping it and expanding your hobbies in the future if you like.

Sponsored

Warnock

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have never off roaded but maybe would want to try one day and I have a 23 wildtrak being built next month. Any reason why you chose the badlands over the wildtrak?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do whatever you want. We're in a weird place where it's possible to sell a vehicle you just bought and not lose 1/4 the value of the vehicle in the process.
The Badlands Manual will have a higher resale value but take longer to sell. As the people that want the manual will pay for it. But those people are fewer than all the other people.
Most people won't use all the capabilities in the Bronco they purchased. Don't let that sway you if you don't otherwise care.
Do what you need to be happy with your purchase.

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I didn't read all the comments so I'm sure most if not all have been covered in one form or another.

1. Tax implications: If you do this swap, just make sure you factor in any taxes you'll have to pay or income you'll have to record as part of your savings calculation.

2. Re-sell value: The logical assumption is that Bronco's will retain their value similar to Wranglers. I think generally this is true but I do wonder if the bottom falls out a little, especially for lower trim models. Ford is going to get their production act together someday and there will be LOTS of Broncos on the market. There is going to be a real "market adjustment" (not this inflated mark up) in 3rd party value in the coming years, especially after the first model refresh. You may have a better store of value in your current trim if you don't plan on holding onto any Bronco for a long time.

Those are both head arguments. No one buys a Bronco because it's logical. Different people have different degrees of justification but they are all emotionally driven purchases at some point. If you get into your Bronco and experience remorse as apposed to joy, then you need to do something about it without creating more financial remorse than you currently feel.

Complete curveball, have you considered a Bronco Sport? What is it about the full size that is appealing to you? It addresses basically every dislike (mpg, hard top, priority of on-road use).

We have a 21' First Edition Sport and it's been a great vehicle. It's not a full size bronco which is why we have a 2dr Badlands on order to replace it, so say no more of if you are feeling full size or bust, I understand.

UTME

Wildtrak
First Name
T-Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Rubicon-X
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like he should have bought an outer banks for Florida beaches.

PaulM

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. iā€™m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, Iā€™m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Hereā€™s some background info: I donā€™t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. Iā€™ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasnā€™t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I donā€™t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I donā€™t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ā€˜rightā€™ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless Iā€™m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also donā€™t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6ā€“7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Wonā€™t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entryā€¦.without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if itā€™s even worth having and paying for if youā€™ll never use it.

Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
I purchased a Badlands Area 51 and I love it. But I take it off road. I do not recommend a Badlands for your use. There are some disadvantages. It is heavier because of the stabilizer bar disconnect. Additionally, some options (such as a roof rack) are technically not available from Ford on the Badlands edition. Still have not figure out why. An OuterBanks hardtop would probably be better than even a Black Diamond for your use. I see a lot of OuterBanks with the Sasquatch package here in Northern VA, still cannot figure out why that is appealing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased a Badlands Area 51 and I love it. But I take it off road. I do not recommend a Badlands for your use. There are some disadvantages. It is heavier because of the stabilizer bar disconnect. Additionally, some options (such as a roof rack) are technically not available from Ford on the Badlands edition. Still have not figure out why. An OuterBanks hardtop would probably be better than even a Black Diamond for your use. I see a lot of OuterBanks with the Sasquatch package here in Northern VA, still cannot figure out why that is appealing.
Yea, that was one of my first choices but I donā€™t think you can get the outer banks w/manual transmission

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't read all the comments so I'm sure most if not all have been covered in one form or another.

1. Tax implications: If you do this swap, just make sure you factor in any taxes you'll have to pay or income you'll have to record as part of your savings calculation.

2. Re-sell value: The logical assumption is that Bronco's will retain their value similar to Wranglers. I think generally this is true but I do wonder if the bottom falls out a little, especially for lower trim models. Ford is going to get their production act together someday and there will be LOTS of Broncos on the market. There is going to be a real "market adjustment" (not this inflated mark up) in 3rd party value in the coming years, especially after the first model refresh. You may have a better store of value in your current trim if you don't plan on holding onto any Bronco for a long time.

Those are both head arguments. No one buys a Bronco because it's logical. Different people have different degrees of justification but they are all emotionally driven purchases at some point. If you get into your Bronco and experience remorse as apposed to joy, then you need to do something about it without creating more financial remorse than you currently feel.

Complete curveball, have you considered a Bronco Sport? What is it about the full size that is appealing to you? It addresses basically every dislike (mpg, hard top, priority of on-road use).

We have a 21' First Edition Sport and it's been a great vehicle. It's not a full size bronco which is why we have a 2dr Badlands on order to replace it, so say no more of if you are feeling full size or bust, I understand.
Thanks! You nailed it..it was pretty much full size or nothing. Our other car is very similar to the bronco sport so wanted this one to be different. Plus the full size looks so much better imo.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never off roaded but maybe would want to try one day and I have a 23 wildtrak being built next month. Any reason why you chose the badlands over the wildtrak?
I think itā€™s mostly because you cant get the wildtrak w.manual transmissionā€¦unless I have that wrong.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yup. I agree.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.