Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 2023 badlands Sasquatch carbon grey with Lux and tow..all the bells and whistles just got built. Everything I’m reading is the wildtrak is the way to go. I’m surrounded by beaches and looking forward to learn to rock crawl someday. Do I give up my order and hope I can get a wildtrak built the same ? Is hoss 3.0 that much better? Any inputs from the current owners?
Thank You in advance for your time.
They're all great vehicles dude, it's all about what your use case is, I've been on trails & have seen base models on 30" tires handle it. With that aside id say the HOSS 3.0 does come with much better suspension and the heavy duty steering rack, if you're a rock crawler, a simple manual disconnect of the sway bar links will give you the same articulation the BL sway disconnect gives you where as if you were to upgrade the BL suspension & steering rack, it would cost substantially more. But again this is not a knock on the BL it comes down to what is priority to you, I had a big bend with rear diff and that thing was a monster after I put 34s on.
Sponsored

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well a non-squ Big Bend will do 99.99% of anything you're likely to want to do.

Get what you want. A badlands would be awesome.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do what you want, but my Wildtrak (HOSS 3) crawls Moab just fine. Been there twice in less than a year... from WV. I actually drive out to Idaho to visit my son and then spend a few days in Utah on the way home.

If I had the sway bar disconnect, I doubt it would be disconnected for very much of the overall time (off-road, sure). My Bronco is a daily driver, and the HOSS 3 is a cushy ride that, in my opinion, is better off/on road (not talking about the comfort of the sway bar disconnect, just the suspension).

Sway bar disconnect means smoother ride off-road, bigger tire do the same.
Sway bar disconnect means more articulation, how often will you need that at? Personal question.. For me, I could get away with a manual disconnect, if I really needed that.

I limit the trails in Moab to 6's or 7's (with bypasses), not due to the sway bar disconnect but because of ground clearance.... 37's will help there. Also, my Bronco has full skids.

I drove a Badlands for the off-rodeo and wasn't that impressed with the sway bar disconnect, however, I didn't do a back-to-back comparison on the same trails, wish they would have let me.

Both are great, the Badlands guys say to buy Badlands the Wildtrak guys say to buy a Wildtrak. The OB guy says a BD...

Stock Wildtrak is heads better than a Stock Badlands (-2.3L, -33", -+manual shift, +more skid plates)

You do what's right for you!

CordellMusic

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe EXL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2023 badlands Sasquatch carbon grey with Lux and tow..all the bells and whistles just got built. Everything I’m reading is the wildtrak is the way to go. I’m surrounded by beaches and looking forward to learn to rock crawl someday. Do I give up my order and hope I can get a wildtrak built the same ? Is hoss 3.0 that much better? Any inputs from the current owners?
I'm in the middle of a cross country trek in my Badlands (5,000 miles so far). I've been through Colorado mountains, Utah mesas, water crossings, sandy roads, rocky roads... The only thing I'm steering clear of is mud in these all terrains. This thing has chewed up everything I've thrown at it. I will say, having washout floors and MGV seats has been critical considering I've been sleeping in the back of this thing a lot (built a simple platform for the "bump" to level it out). If you're planning on doing any beach and driving, you're going to want washout floors and MGV...

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both are great, the Badlands guys say to buy Badlands the Wildtrak guys say to buy a Wildtrak. The OB guy says a BD...
That's not true, I recommended the WT or OBX for my neighbor since he won't be doing any off-road and would probably like the sport mode more than the wash-out interior. Crucially, he would need to order or find one.

My advice to the OP is if they have a Badlands on hand (and MSRP), get it, don't wait for some other build that will only be marginally better in the sense they will probably never know the difference.

It's people only reppin' for their models that's confusing. They're really all very nice and more than most of us really need.

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with the sand, id want the MGV setup, i just "dust out" the interior now, no more fighting beach sand and carpet.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What beaches? Last beach I was at had cars driving on it. Rock crawl "someday"? Wildtrak, Badlands, HOSS 3.0 ... are likely all overkill for you, so I wouldn't get hung up on that stuff.
Sponsored