First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just picked up our A51 Outer Banks yesterday and have to say I still love it. As for not wanting to see a clone of your ride in the parking lot I think your going to be disappointed no matter what you pick. In a year there will alot of these around like any mass produced vehicle. Heck, take a 20 minute drive and count the Jeeps you see, you will give up counting around 50 lol
Sponsored

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I saw an A51 on a sport and absolutely hated it. I recently went to the Bronco off roadeo tho and right now I have AMB on order but the Oxford white looks amazing on the Bronco. A lot of people there agreed. If I end up being a MY22 I’ll be switching my color to white since I believe AMB is being discontinued.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally A51 but after seeing it on a sport and then seeing VB on a bronco, I immediately switched to VB. Never looked back.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know about any seconds thoughts on the Area 51 on our Bronco Jeff, But, I will ask the wife. I had all the say so on my Bronco order until the wife saw a baby dressed in Area 51. So, there went the Race Red that I had picked. :)

However, I have to say this looks pretty danged good. IMHO
Ford Bronco Second thoughts on A51 Our Bronco

Last edited:

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't move until you see it. As others have said, can't judge the color on another vehicle. And I have to agree. I really don't like silver, but on a Bronco it looks amazing. Disclosure: I'm going with CO but waffle between CO and Race Red often so take my words with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'd been excited about Area 51 as a color since the early press photos. Of course, when manufacturers plan their marketing, they pick colors they think will pop the most in photographs.

Was even more excited when I discovered A51 was to be a Bronco-specific color.

Then I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 and it just didn't do it for me. It actually felt quite feminine, but I figured maybe that's just the way the Sport feels in it, and the full size Bronco would present differently.

Now my concern is that it seems like a huge number of Broncos will be delivered in A51. I don't like seeing a clone of my ride on the road, or even worse, in the parking lot.

Anyone else questioning their early A51 choice?
I picked A51 too. Not concerned at all about others with the same color. Means they have good taste.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hadn't even considered that A51 is all over the Maverick campaign, as well.

We're going to be seeing a LOT on this color out there.

Ford Bronco Second thoughts on A51 Our Bronco
It's the most popular color on the Maverick for retail orders tracked online followed by cactus grey

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd been excited about Area 51 as a color...

Then I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 and it just didn't do it for me. ...

So what? Colors are subjective. You trying to get affirmation that people also changed their minds? You may get half that agree. You'll get the other half confirming they still like it. Just decide what you like and no need to report to strangers on the internet. Asking "does this color make me [look fat...look feminine...?] is feminine.

OP
OP
Desmomini

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So what? Colors are subjective. You trying to get affirmation that people also changed their mindes? You'll get the other half confirming they still like it. Just decide what you like and no need to report to strangers on the internet.
Awesome, helpful post. It helped me confirm there is an "Ignore" feature on this forum. Later!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not mine, but this is the first Bronco delivered to our group. Note that this is how it came straight outta MAP as the owner didn't want the dealership to wash and wax it. Looked amazing in person.
Ford Bronco Second thoughts on A51 PXL_20210729_183915491

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, I'm all for feminine people, just don't want that attribute in my car color - it's not my preference. But knock yourself out and paint your Bronco pink if you want...not that it's a feminine color or anything. 🤣
If you like the color, doesn't matter what persuasion it invokes; liberate your mind. I see some very soft men in black or cherry red vehicles all day, but I know some pretty tough guys who sometimes wear a pink shirt. I have a buddy who does at times and he was an Army Ranger.

Your car color doesn't make you cool or anything else; you'll still be whoever and whatever you are no matter the color of that car.

Just like a car can't make you cool. A lame ass guy in a "cool" car will just be looked at as a lame ass dude in a "cool" car; he will not somehow morph into cool.

If you like a color, make it your own, be confident in who you are, and enjoy what you like since it's the ride you'll live with.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome, helpful post. It helped me confirm there is an "Ignore" feature on this forum. Later!

Definitely reciprocated. You sound too feminine to be listening to your tripe.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw it on the sport there was way too much green and not enough blue. Switched to Fighter Jet Gray

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 / Several 2-Wheeled Trinkets
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd been excited about Area 51 as a color since the early press photos. Of course, when manufacturers plan their marketing, they pick colors they think will pop the most in photographs.

Was even more excited when I discovered A51 was to be a Bronco-specific color.

Then I saw a Bronco Sport in A51 and it just didn't do it for me. It actually felt quite feminine, but I figured maybe that's just the way the Sport feels in it, and the full size Bronco would present differently.

Now my concern is that it seems like a huge number of Broncos will be delivered in A51. I don't like seeing a clone of my ride on the road, or even worse, in the parking lot.

Have been fortunate to see it in full sun, as well as a cloudy day on the four-door w/SAS... A51 looks great on that body; especially with a black rooftop (soft or hard).

I'm very pleased w/the color and glad to know that will (one day) be in the garage. Not questioning my decision at all.

AwakeOnABus

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 m40i • Toyota 4Runner Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I saw an A51 First Edition out in the wild last night (Hard Top).

It looks amazing. I had not considered A51 as a color until that moment.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.