AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you want zero issues, you should not buy the first model year of anything. There will be issues, no matter how good of a design.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many fords have you owned? They aren’t known for their reliability let alone “zero issues.”

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your concerns are legitimate. Is there concern over the drivetrain and suspension? No. Is there concern over the quality of the tops for this vehicle? Oh yes! It is ridiculous for this vehicle to be having such quality issues concerning the tops. They can blame the virus fall out for quantity, but not for quality. The MIC apparently rattles, and the sound deadening material looks like it was applied by third graders in art class. Reports of the soft top rubbing painted surfaces and the fabric already coming apart round out the roof line misery. I reserved in August 2020, simply because I need to see and drive a vehicle before blindly placing an order. Yes I realize I could have ordered and then refused delivery if I was not satisfied, but of course at the time of reservation, I had no idea the manufacturing and delivery of the Bronco would be such a fiasco. My life long lesson is, “ if your spider sense is tingling, don’t ignore it”. Good luck with whichever way you choose.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many fords have you owned? They aren’t known for their reliability let alone “zero issues.”
I am 61, and have owned only Ford products. I own six of them currently. I have never had an issue with any. If you treat them well, they treat you well in return.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel ya. Handing over a perfect 08 tundra and hoping I don't regret it! Waiting does kick anxieties up. But that said, the number of issues already when there aren't that many units!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will make my point using an imperfect analogy. My wife and I just built a new house (one year ago). I have a background in design and construction, my wife is an engineer. On the front end, I worked hard to calibrate her expectations. It will be nice, but there will be mistakes. We have to accept that there will be imperfections and issues to correct. Sure, terrible quality should be called out, but mistakes will happen, new products will fail, and subs might disappoint. The big question, do we trust the GC to fix the problems? Are we willing to work through this process. The answer was "yes".

Bringing this home to the Bronco. I don't expect perfection and I have tried not to feel the hype. It is an amazingly cool, well sought after, purposefully designed Bronco that will have some imperfections and faults, especially as the first model year of the vehicle.

Do I trust Ford to fix the issues that arise? For me, the answer is "yes".

Can I live with the quirks that come with having a first year model? Yes, so long as they are quirks and not failure or performance issues. Those I expect to be fixed.

At the end of the day, this is a sports car, no different that a Mazda Miata. If you calibrate your expectations around that, then I think you will be happier. If you expect an Acura, Volvo, Lexus level finish in the Bronco, you will be disappointed.

All that said, some people won't like it, and that is fine. For those people, dont worry, somebody will by your new or used Bronco faster than it took me to type this message. 😁
I agree with everything you said except “this is a sports car”. I guess you threw that in there just to prove out the “imperfect analogy” part? 😉

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would be extremely sad
I'm in kinda the same boat....but nothing prevents regret better than knowing for sure, so I'm buying my 7/15 blendie. Super easy to flip if need be.

A lot of disappointments since the early 'tarp' days. Hell, seems like just yesterday, the only complaint about the MIC was it being too light a grey. There's a good reason "ignorance is bliss" has stood the test of time.

Ford Bronco Having second thoughts 1627839605074

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a very early reservation number, been so hyped to get the truck, but now after receiving my third delay email, and reading through the posts from folks that have received their Broncos, I'm now on the fence. Its a long term dream to have a Bronco, from way back in the early 70s, but I don't need one. In fact knowing my personality, if I were to receive the truck at the end of August, as it's now scheduled, and there were issues. I would be extremely sad. It's not a money thing, or delay thing, its a I would want zero issues thing, and I don't think they will be able to deliver that in my21.

Thoughts? Am I overreacting to everyone's posts?
Zero issues with my truck so far.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with everything you said except “this is a sports car”. I guess you threw that in there just to prove out the “imperfect analogy” part? 😉
LOL. It is, just a different type of sport...off-roading.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still wanting the Bronco but I am growing tired of the wait. Going out to the Off Rodeo in Vegas in October may or may not help...I was a mid August reservation with hopes of having it in my driveway by summer 2022. If that doesn't happen then i may be looking at a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Waiting tends to make you humans overthink things a bit.
Goes both ways I feel
If I were able to get what I wanted at impulse buy a year ago, I would have a fully loaded wiltrak. Features I truly do not need but only want, and won't use.

But the wait has allowed me to think of the purchase with a sober mind and as a result, I made a lot of smart changes to my build both financially and with how I truly would use the vehicle.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waiting tends to make you humans overthink things a bit.
Simple, and spot on. The longer I wait, the more time I have too run insignificant scenarios through my big ol' dumb head. And, absolutely none are worth a second thought. I've made up my mind that no matter what pops into my head, I'm still gonna take delivery of my Bronco when it arrives. Whenever that may be. If the unthinkable happens, and I don't like it, I'll sell the thing, and move on. I do not want to jump too quick, and be driving down the road in something else wishing I would have waited for a Bronco. Good luck on your decision Robert.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Goes both ways I feel
If I were able to get what I wanted at impulse buy a year ago, I would have a fully loaded wiltrak. Features I truly do not need but only want, and won't use.

But the wait has allowed me to think of the purchase with a sober mind and as a result, I made a lot of smart changes to my build both financially and with how I truly would use the vehicle.
I am exactly the opposite. Started with a 4 door black diamond sasquatch with mid package. Now i am on a 4 door badlands sasquatch with the lux package and alot of additional accessories...
Sponsored