First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just so it’s clear to everyone. There is a HUGE difference between a dry heat and a Southern heat. Humidity makes all the difference.
Humidity makes people very uncomfortable. Dry heat simply cooks and can kill you in a day. Peeps getting lost in the Mojave desert out here rarely last a full day because there is no shade. I was stationed in Panama for 4 years and born in Hawaii, I definitely know about humidity. I agree with you there is a difference.

Ford Bronco Second thoughts on MGV 777D8690-1C17-4FD7-BBE0-58D96F3CC5AF

This pic was in June and it still was not triple digits yet. July and August are the real hot months.
I’m back on the Badlands train, if MGV is an issue I will put some scuba suit wet okole covers on the seats. I have them now and the neoprene is awesome fit, finish, and comfort for roof off days.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MGV is not boat vinyl. It is nothing like the feel of leather. You need to see and feel it before making your decision.

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I always thought that until I visited St,George Utah in August. Ga heat is miserable with humidity but 106 in ST. George was no fun At all.
My family is in AZ, and any time I visit it's about 106 in the shade. They say "but it's a dry heat", but that only means you bake rather than broil.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately that's not going to be possible.
It might be depending on anymore events they hold. Wife and I drove to Cell East. Wasn't even thinking about the MGV until I saw it. I was shocked and completely unexpectedly changed my views...

Last edited:

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Megawatt What's the interior seats on the obx? I never looked at the obx trim as I can't get past the silly exterior of paint matched mirrors, handles, flares along with the 18" wheels.
Cloth or Leather on the OBX

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might be depending on anymore events they hold. Wife and I drove to Cell East. Want even thinking about the MGV until I saw it. I was shocked and completely unexpectedly changed my views...
I'll keep an eye out, and it would be great, I'm just thinking time to order is right around the corner.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll keep an eye out, and it would be great, I'm just thinking time to order is right around the corner.
I'm a first day reservation holder but will probably hold of until last minute just to get another walk around. Seems you can order up until January and still be in first wave of dealer orders.

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see a lot of fans of the wet okole brand. whenever i hear neoprene i think of my actual wetsuit and find it hard to believe that material would feel good on a daily driver. Wondering how it feels on bare skin if youre wearing shorts as well as going to work in dress pants. Does it actually feel like a wetsuit or something different? Would love to go this route instead of Kaztkin given the price difference.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a first day reservation holder but will probably hold of until last minute just to get another walk around. Seems you can order up until January and still be in first wave of dealer orders.
Yup I'm first day too, maybe it makes sense not to order as soon as it opens up.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am all in for Marine Grade Vinyl! I have been saying for YEARS that it should be an option for Jeeps, but I also live in Michigan so I get caught topless in the rain every once in a while.

I expect this vinyl to be comparable to that in newer high end wake boats. My dad has a 2019 MasterCraft with Jet Black vinyl and it is amazing. The texture to it keeps it from getting as hot as smoother standard boat vinyl most people are probably thinking of. There are also some micro perforations that help the seats breathe and are unnoticeable unless they are soaked through and you see water squeeze out when you step on them. They hold up like nobody's business and still look brand new after he put around 180 hours on the boat this summer.

I posted about vinyl care here and attached a picture of his boat interior. It might be a little hot for some of the desert states, but what material isn't when it's 100+? Best bet is probably to get a bikini top or sunshade to try and filter some of the sunlight and throw a towel on it if it's especially hot. I think from a durability and versatility standpoint, Marine Grade Vinyl is hard to beat.

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw the MGV in a badlands at super cell I thought it was leather even after touching it. It has a light texture and looks and feels like leather.
Only after talking with the Ford rep did I realize it was vinyl.
Sponsored