First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Living in Sin City the midnight temps will still be 100F in the Summer. I have a car with leather seats and it’s not an issue. I have a JKU and the roof is off many months of the year and it has carpet and cloth seats so I have never had to pull the drain plugs for a wash down. Rubber mats have worked fine the last 7 years.

I’m really starting to think a SAS OBx over a BD or BL because MGV is a non breathable type of plastic. I don’t have dogs that swim in the lake and will then jump in the Bronco. Average annual rain in Las Vegas is 4.13” each year so not too much mud out here to deal with.

I think MGV is a nice feature but I think I got caught up with the newness. I like the color scheme on the interior of the OBx better than all dark of the BL.

SAS available, steel bumpers, aux switches, and bash plates is kinda steering me to the OBx where before I never considered that model. Anyone else considering staying away from MGV?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in the most humid state for more then 5months out of the year ... MGV is a no go for the same reasons you stated ...
More than 5 months? Closer to 10 months. Jan/Feb is the only break in the humidity.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Megawatt What's the interior seats on the obx? I never looked at the obx trim as I can't get past the silly exterior of paint matched mirrors, handles, flares along with the 18" wheels.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More than 5 months? Closer to 10 months. Jan/Feb is the only break in the humidity.
So true bro ... 86 and sunny for xmas lol ... My F150 work truck has vinyl, I wear jeans all summer .. needless to say it is brutal !!!

Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a 1977 F250 with the vinyl bench seat and no AC, ran it at 29 palms CA, was a little sticky but who cared at 20 years old running the desert. Jump to now, I run a Skeeter bass boat with MGV in NC year round, 8 hours in direct sun light in the middle of Aug anything will get hot but you can still sit in them and not stick. Two totally different products. Pretty sure Ford is using as high of a grade vinyl as Skeeter uses. Me personally not worried.

20181208_115333.jpg

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 1977 F250 with the vinyl bench seat and no AC, ran it at 29 palms CA, was a little sticky but who cared at 20 years old running the desert. Jump to now, I run a Skeeter bass boat with MGV in NC year round, 8 hours in direct sun light in the middle of Aug anything will get hot but you can still sit in them and not stick. Two totally different products. Pretty sure Ford is using as high of a grade vinyl as Skeeter uses. Me personally not worried.

Ford Bronco Second thoughts on MGV 20181208_115333
There seems to be some level of texture across these seats.

The pictures on the Bronco MGV appear to be very smooth and not textured possibly allowing more 'stickiness' even though its not old school vinyl. That's my biggest concern outside the color options. They need a light gray MGV.

I'm sure the MGV is good since most 'leather' seats have very little leather panels anyways (the rest are vinyl, possibly worse than MGV).

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It almost looked, to me, that the MGV had some sort of texture to it. The close up pics I could find didn’t look smooth. Has anyone been able to touch it or see it up close at one of the gatherings?

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had just posted about MGV in another thread. I don’t think it’ll be worse but better than my black leather seats in my black car. I live in the high desert CA, it’s normally 90’s and for a couple months it’s 110’s. With my sun shade up i never notice my seats being too hot, my seats don’t get any colder than normal seats in winter.

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.....I run a Skeeter bass boat with MGV in NC year round, 8 hours in direct sun light in the middle of Aug anything will get hot but you can still sit in them and not stick. Two totally different products. Pretty sure Ford is using as high of a grade vinyl as Skeeter uses.....
MGV on a boat is the best product for that environment of always being subjected to water, wet people, splashing etc. I’m just thinking cloth is gonna do me just fine in a truck

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just so it’s clear to everyone. There is a HUGE difference between a dry heat and a Southern heat. Humidity makes all the difference.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how MGV will hold up to our frozenass winters 6mnths of the year,any vehicle i've had with vinyl seating cracks alot.

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MGV on a boat is the best product for that environment of always being subjected to water, wet people, splashing etc. I’m just thinking cloth is gonna do me just fine in a truck
Had the Ford cloth seats in two of my F150's, yes they breathed well but keeping them clean was a constant pain in the ass and once a stain set in, no getting it out. Leather is the best all around but no way am I paying for that on a Bronco, IMHO I think MGV is the best compromise.
Sponsored