First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep, with open diffs and those gears you'll be passed by a Prius on the trails. LOL,,,, enjoy the new Bronco. There will be plenty of upgrades as the aftermarket gets into gear.
Is it possible to do the locking differential aftermarket?
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, but ideally you need to add a locker and re-gear the axles for the larger tires you plan on putting on. It won't be cheap.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Expensive. This is why Sasquatch is a good deal. Getting the rear diff locker on Big Bend is a no brainer and makes the rig capable. Without it, you are limited.

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Expensive. This is why Sasquatch is a good deal. Getting the rear diff locker on Big Bend is a no brainer and makes the rig capable. Without it, you are limited.
Yeah, I must've not even noticed it when I was building mine. hmm, now im torn on what to do lol. Basically confirmed my second thoughts.....

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Buy it and enjoy it. Who cares what trim it is, you'll be able to customize it anyway you want. Remove the trim badge if that makes you feel better. If for some reason you still hate it, sell it and make a profit.

Sponsored

GPW

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Enjoy your Bronco! Or sell it for a tidy sum.

You're still way ahead of most of us who may not see our Bronco for (dare I say) years.

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

3.73 :/

Is that a big issue?
Like some others have mentioned, this comes down to how you are going to use your Bronco. Is this a daily driver? Bigger tires just for looks? What size?

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like some others have mentioned, this comes down to how you are going to use your Bronco. Is this a daily driver? Bigger tires just for looks? What size?
Mostly Daily Driver/ Weekend Warrior when I can get out of the city.

I was hoping 35s.

OP
OP
Broncojy

Broncojy

Big Bend
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Neon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You made an excellent choice. I thought the BB was the best value except for one thing: the advanced auto. I'm in Chicago area, so the idea of leaving that on all winter in case of black ice is comforting. The step up for that on the BB was obscene, so I just went BD instead. Oh, and decided I've had enough cloth seats in my life, wanted the MGV...

BB is excellent value.

Last edited:

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mostly Daily Driver/ Weekend Warrior when I can get out of the city.

I was hoping 35s.
I really wanted 35s as well but I just don't think it's a responsible upgrade with the stock ratio.

Sure you can buy the gears for $1800 but have you seen the process to upgrade gears? Not something I would touch with a 10ft pole. You need to be a pro to do this IMO.

Also, sure you can get lockers after the fact but you won't have the it seamlessly integrated into the hero switches or the software/GOAT modes. At least not this early on.

I would highly recommend, considering 33s on the stock ratio. Maybe a 1" leveling kit. It looks really great with a little more of an aggressive tire.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still think that if you didn't know you needed the rear diff locker before, the reality is that you probably don't need it. Important for some use cases, but maybe not yours. Don't feel upset until you actually find your Bronco lacking in some aspect.

The combo of that ratio and 35s is closer to what I would consider a problem. There are reasons Ford won't let you build them like that.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just saw these on another post, does this mean I can upgrade to locking differential, and a better gear axle ratio at as low as $1,800 with just this single part?

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3002-446BF

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3002-470BF
You linked to the front only. Although for $1800 you are also upgrading from an open diff M190 to a locking M210. So it's a pretty big upgrade.

You'll need to add the ring gear & pinion for the rear as well as a locker. Ring gear and pinion is $365 and we don't know what a factory E-locker costs yet or if it will be offered aftermarket. An aftermarket locker from ARB for example is about $1000

Cheapest way to upgrade would be to get a locker for the stock 3.73 rear end then upgrade the ring and pinion later.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a Big Bend, it's finished and built and just waiting on shipping.

But I'm starting to ask myself if I made the right decision chosing the Big Bend, or If I should have just went ahead and got the Badlands, or Outer Banks....

Can someone reassure me that my choice will be just fine? I do plan on putting this thing on some rims and tires and a 2-3'' lift, so I was hoping that chosing the Big Bend model would chop down the price a little so I can do these upgrades myself. Have I made a mistake?
I had originally chosen the Big Bend because the signature lighting was critical for me. The Lux package with the B&O sound system with larger display was important enough for me to upgrade to the Wildtrak. Imo (I haven't done the math) you're going to spend more money or at least close to it replacing the tires and lifting it than you would've just getting a Badlands SAS. The other issue I have with it is if there are any issues you've voided the warranty and need to handle it on your own.

Good luck!
Sponsored