DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just keep it And enjoy. You will lose much of the small savings by stepping down a model on the trade. Regardless of trim, a new Bronco is overkill for most off-roading. You could do most trails in an old beater 4x4, so even someone with a new “base“ Bronco doesn’t technically NEED it.
Sponsored

PNBLD

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flhtk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A 4??? 4 what…tires? 4 doors? 🤣. There is no 4 cylinder in the bronco line up. Its a 2.3 single turbo 6 cylinder and a 2.7 twin turbo 6 cylinder. Cheers 🍻.

🤣fair certain the 2.3's I've seen are 4 cylinder🤣

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤣fair certain the 2.3's I've seen are 4 cylinder🤣
Wow. I shouldnt post that early in the morning. I stand corrected. Thank you 🤣😁.

Indarkness

Wildtrak
First Name
First second
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Food for thought, in Florida which I think you are in “OP mentions Jax” although JAX could mean a 100 different cities in the country, you get trade in credit when you purchase a vehicle. So if you have a 60k vehicle and purchase a 40k vehicle you will not pay any tax, you may actually get a refund on the paid tax.
Every vehicle I have ever purchased here in FL I have received the credit of the taxable value from the trade in. Dealers use this to offer a little less on trade vs full retail because the tax credit adds 500-1500 what ever the number is to the taxable value. I am not a CPA, but I have probably bought and traded in 20 vehicles here in FL.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Food for thought, in Florida which I think you are in “OP mentions Jax” although JAX could mean a 100 different cities in the country, you get trade in credit when you purchase a vehicle. So if you have a 60k vehicle and purchase a 40k vehicle you will not pay any tax, you may actually get a refund on the paid tax.
Every vehicle I have ever purchased here in FL I have received the credit of the taxable value from the trade in. Dealers use this to offer a little less on trade vs full retail because the tax credit adds 500-1500 what ever the number is to the taxable value. I am not a CPA, but I have probably bought and traded in 20 vehicles here in FL.
Yea, if I’m understanding you correctly..thats what happened on the vehicle I traded in for the bronco. They offered me much higher on the trade in value and that made the difference and tax I paid on the bronco about $1,100 lower than what the i paid for it ($56k). And yea, I meant Jacksonville FL.

Sponsored

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently bought a brand new 23 Badlands without the mid package because otherwise it ticked many of the boxes I HAD to have: manual transmission, wash out interior, and MGV seats. I luckily got it for MSRP, and got it QUICK. It has a ton of stuff I won’t use but just remember 99% of the population doesn’t know anything about bronco trims or capabilities.

I think the only creature comfort I’d really like to have is proximity unlock - but after a few weeks with it I’m use to not having it. My jeep I drove for 10 years back in the day didn’t even have power locks or windows.

If I had ordered, I probably would have gone black diamond with the mid package - but I’m not going to lose any sleep over what I got. Badlands has a cooler more aggressive stance, bigger wheels, bigger lift, cooler tires, signature headlights, mod bumper, etc etc.

I do think OP overpaid for a used badlands, I got the same truck brand new for 7k less but I think your ship has sailed. Drive and enjoy.

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another thing I’ll add. Buyers remorse is a real thing. It’s human nature to question any big purchase - especially one this big. My advice drive and enjoy.

ArizonaGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I’ll wade in. At the risk of being flogged for heresy, I wager 90% of the Broncos sold won’t be used to their fullest capabilities so I wouldn’t let that weigh too heavy in your decision.
Having said that, reading your post again it seems like you know your answer. I’m not going to tell you to keep or sell based on vehicle capability but rather your personal wants and needs.

It’s your vehicle so just get what you like. It’s a lot of money either way so be happy.
You can’t go wrong here. All options are good.
The same with Jeeps...90% are never used to their fullest potential. I have a neighbor who bought a Rubicon and refuses to take it off-road for fear of it getting dirty.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently bought a brand new 23 Badlands without the mid package because otherwise it ticked many of the boxes I HAD to have: manual transmission, wash out interior, and MGV seats. I luckily got it for MSRP, and got it QUICK. It has a ton of stuff I won’t use but just remember 99% of the population doesn’t know anything about bronco trims or capabilities.

I think the only creature comfort I’d really like to have is proximity unlock - but after a few weeks with it I’m use to not having it. My jeep I drove for 10 years back in the day didn’t even have power locks or windows.

If I had ordered, I probably would have gone black diamond with the mid package - but I’m not going to lose any sleep over what I got. Badlands has a cooler more aggressive stance, bigger wheels, bigger lift, cooler tires, signature headlights, mod bumper, etc etc.

I do think OP overpaid for a used badlands, I got the same truck brand new for 7k less but I think your ship has sailed. Drive and enjoy.
Damn. I couldn’t find a 2023 with manual transmission near me..hence looking at 2022s..

mapletonpd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. I couldn’t find a 2023 with manual transmission near me..hence looking at 2022s..
I got very luck! I even got one with the new revised transmissions to address the issues some have had.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought a white 2-door Base without SAS, put on some Outerbanks tires, and I'm as happy as a clam. Out the door with a 6-year bumper-to-bumper warranty was 41K.

You can always buy whatever tires/rims you want in the aftermarket... so why switch now? Here in California I'd have to pay about 3K in taxes each time I make a switch... so I'm damn happy the way mine is.

I knew I wasn't going to off-road much (if at all), and maybe go up in the snow to Lake Tahoe was about it.

Bottom line -- You got on-roaders, off-roaders, and a lot of posers on this website...figure out what you are, what makes you happy in a Bronco, and don't worry about any of the other noise. And if you're one of those people that is never satisfied, then maybe stop now and save the rest of your cash.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. i’m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, I’m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Here’s some background info: I don’t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. I’ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasn’t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I don’t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I don’t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ‘right’ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless I’m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also don’t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6–7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Won’t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entry….without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if it’s even worth having and paying for if you’ll never use it.

Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
What you have is not a bronco problem, it's an inability to think before you act, especially on a big purchase. If you re-read what you wrote about not offroading, and done at least the smallest bit of research (at a minimum comparing comparing the bronco trims on Ford's website) you would've not wasted a bunch of money on a vehicle you don't need.

I also wanted a stick shift, I also love the looks of the bronco, and also will not be offroading anytime soon. You know what I did? I spent $30k on the Base model. How much money would you have saved if you did that instead?

And no, you do NOT need a black diamond either. Smdh! I can't believe how careless people be. And I'm not sorry, you need tough love on this. Stop wasting your money and think before you act. By the way, if you turn around and resell your Badlands, you better not sell for a profit. Ford will likely flag you for flipping broncos and put you on a do-not-sell-to list. Smdh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure if you are interested but Lou Fusz Ford in St. Louis has a couple Broncos on the lot. One is a manual trans.

“It's that time again, we have 2 available broncos at Lou Fusz Ford, one being a big bend automatic with mid package with hard top and sasquatch and the other being a silver black diamond manual transmission. Each will have windows tinted and blacked out badging for $1495.”
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.