23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn. I couldn’t find a 2023 with manual transmission near me..hence looking at 2022s..
Anybody looking for a new Bronc with a manual (and doesn't mind traveling to Austin TX) should visit Covert Ford. I believe they've got 25-30 new 2023's with a manual in-stock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a watch that can go 12,800ft underwater…

Am I going to use its full capabilities?

NO.

But feels good that if I drop it in the sink it will be OK.

Its cool to have things that are engineered to be very capable even if you don't use them.

BTW, my Bronco’s main job is to not make me care about bumps, curbs and potholes, thats it! Have a Badlands SAS because it looks cool.

First Name
Jodi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 2D 2.3 mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been following the Bronco since they first announced its comeback. I also knew darn well there’s be no off-roading in my future because it’s just not my thing. I didn’t care—I haven’t seen a vehicle I’ve loved the looks of since ever. (Everything I like was produced before I was born.) I drove a Honda CRV for ten years and a Toyota RAV4 for ten years. Getting back to a monthly payment sucked and learning to love my new MPG sucked lol. BUT every time I look at it, I think damn, what a good looking car. Is it a mall crawler? Yep. The most action it sees is my gravel drive way and country roads. I say if you can afford it, keep it. Keep your eyes out to see if there’s something cheaper if you want, but don’t worry over it. I also wouldn’t worry about a hard top. I have both and the top hasn’t been up all summer.

CordellMusic

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe EXL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've owned a '22 Badlands since last Fall. I'm a teacher, so I have Summers off. I've loved the way this thing has handled on the (sh*tty...) Atlanta City streets and highways that I've been on thus far, but I've been on a road trip out West through Colorado, Utah, Montana, etc over the last couple of weeks, and holy s***, this thing is an absolute MONSTER. I've been way out on some pretty challenging (for me anyway) trails. It's unbelievable how capable the Badlands really is. I've learned that I can really count on this thing to get me just about anywhere I want or need to go, and, in the uncertain world in which we live, there's just something deeply cool about that.

If you don't feel like you're going to use or really appreciate the full capabilities of this thing, get it to somebody who will. I'm sure you'll love a step down in trim level too. I'm super grateful that Ford decided to put this insanely cool creation into the world. I've never had so much fun driving...

SgtMaj Bruce

Everglades
First Name
Bruce Keirnan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Agreed that most owners wont fully utilize the capabilities of the Bronco. If you're happy with the Badlands, then keep it. I'm one of those who have no intention of doing any off roading at all.
Agree, I paid $65,000 for my 22 Everglades edition I am sorry but there is no way I am going to take it rock climbing

Sponsored

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keep the car, take the kids and go offroad with them. Do a picnic somewhere in the nature, it will show you the world from a diffefent perspective. You might like it a lot in the end. And if you will keep the Badlands, you will always know you have a capable offroader and you never know when you might need to leverage it. We only live once.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I’ll wade in. At the risk of being flogged for heresy, I wager 90% of the Broncos sold won’t be used to their fullest capabilities so I wouldn’t let that weigh too heavy in your decision.
Having said that, reading your post again it seems like you know your answer. I’m not going to tell you to keep or sell based on vehicle capability but rather your personal wants and needs.

It’s your vehicle so just get what you like. It’s a lot of money either way so be happy.
You can’t go wrong here. All options are good.
Agree 100%. Enjoy your Bronco knowing that if you ever need those capabilities, they are at your fingertips.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree, I paid $65,000 for my 22 Everglades edition I am sorry but there is no way I am going to take it rock climbing
What about swimming? :ROFLMAO:

Aradmcc

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue, Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed that most owners wont fully utilize the capabilities of the Bronco. If you're happy with the Badlands, then keep it. I'm one of those who have no intention of doing any off roading at all.

But isn't great knowing we can if we want too.. Not an off-roader either, but I do find myself observing dirt side roads and wondering, hmmm I wonder were that goes...

Last edited:

Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my BL with Lux and between the cell phone charger not working on an Applu iphone with standard silicone case(from Apple) and the speakers in the rear not being audible on the B&O system, I should have downgraded to High

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got my BL with Lux and between the cell phone charger not working on an Applu iphone with standard silicone case(from Apple) and the speakers in the rear not being audible on the B&O system, I should have downgraded to High
Ouch..that sounds like a pain.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But isn't great knowing we can if we want too.. Not an off-roader either, but I do find myself observing dirt sides and wondering, hmmm I wonder were that goes...
I've done the same....

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Florida tested our badlands just fine!

Also, you shouldn't have to click the fob on a badlands (not sure but it thought that was the case with all models)

Would not have made it through this without all the lockers

Ford Bronco Seconds thoughts (remorse) about my Badlands PXL_20230423_191714344.MP

Ford Bronco Seconds thoughts (remorse) about my Badlands PXL_20230423_192109181

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my BL, Lux, Hardtop to just be a mall crawler, fun weekend truck with top off, and some light trails when I go to camping spots in Blueridge. I wont ever use the capabilities it really has. This isnt a new thing tho I would say 85% of Jeep Rubicons around me have never seen an ounce of mud.

I got the BL because you had to get at least OBX to get Lux and they were close in price.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.