Sponsored

As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches?

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
… I got a new Ranger Tremor because the wait has been so long on the Bronco. My intention was to drop my Bronco order. She said, "get both!!!"..
Keeper.
Sponsored

ERock62

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Out Bronco on order is for my wife so.......

I am probably more excited about it than her.

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our Bronco is also my wife's, my only struggle is getting her to trade her volt for it instead of maintaining 3 cars. I see her side, the Volt is practically free mileage (EV rate in GA lets us charge at 1.2c/kwh) but I know what happens, you don't drive it, it goes to hell and then is worth less. The used market is hot, though not as hot as a few months ago and we have the opportunity to sell a car we paid 29k for in 2016 for 20k, it's a no brainer for me.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah. I don't subscribe to that at all. If you're not happy it doesn't matter if she's happy.

Everyone should support each other.
Happy spouse, happy house

Sponsored

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
Yup. 100% same issue. She told me last night if I buy the bronco I can forget about ever having sex with her again lol. I guess I’m gonna be abstinent now lol.
But jokes aside, ya, she concerned about luxury more than I am. Especially for the price. 56K MSRP is the cost of a luxury vehicle but the damn thing has zero luxury. I could get a Tahoe for that much but I love the look of the bronco I have coming in 2 weeks from now. Finances arent the issue but I’m having a difficult time justifying $800 a month on a finance for something she’s not sold on. Shes also very concerned our car seats wont leave much room for the kids in the back. So yes, she’s fighting me on this.

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Separate finances. Problem solved

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife absolutely hates my Bronco. And it’s the car she likes the most that I own.
When I bought my JK back in 2016 it almost led to divorce, for 5+ years I had to listen to the B1tch'n, Has not really complained about Bronco. I should note that for last 12 years she has leased BMW's

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

At first my wife didn't want me to buy one, then when it came in she liked it, but still complained a little about the $, then I sold it and made money and paid cash for a Jeep which she hated and complained that I sold the Bronco, so now our second one is about to be built, now she keeps asking when its getting here. My point, they don't always know what they want, get it, see if she changes her mind. There's no pleasing them sometimes, and the other times, they can surprise you. I think she's more excited about it than I am this time. Its all a matter of give and take. 30 years and I'm still learning.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Originally my wife was not for me buying the Bronco. She didn't see it as much of an upgrade in size over the Bronco Sport I had. Even when I test drove one for a few days last november she was still against it.

Then when my build week showed up she seemed excited for me. Of course that build week last 6 months and I'm sure she got tired of hearing me talk about my non existent bronco lol

But once my Bronco came in and she drove, she started to like it. She realized it had more room than the sport after all, plus looks better.

The other day she even said she loved it, so I think we are good now. :lol:

Sponsored
OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At first my wife didn't want me to buy one, then when it came in she liked it, but still complained a little about the $, then I sold it and made money and paid cash for a Jeep which she hated and complained that I sold the Bronco, so now our second one is about to be built, now she keeps asking when its getting here. My point, they don't always know what they want, get it, see if she changes her mind. There's no pleasing them sometimes, and the other times, they can surprise you. I think she's more excited about it than I am this time. Its all a matter of give and take. 30 years and I'm still learning.
Closing the loop on this and I think I mentioned this in another thread a while back. Leading up to the purchase, I was waffling primarily due to the money and not wanting to spend so much on a vehicle. Even while driving to the dealership to pick it up, it was a 50/50 proposition that I'd buy - and I was convinced she'd be the weighting factor that caused me to walk away. And then I saw it and my anxieties disappeared - and then we drove it. Walking back into the office I asked her, "So, what are we going to do"? And she says, "I guess we're buying the Bronco". And that was that......she loves it. I don't know that she'd let me sell if now if I wanted to.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here’s my 2 cents.

Wife waffled with me as well and we are solid financially, so I explained I got tired waiting and found my perfect spec at 10k over.

This infuriated her until I took her in to trade in my truck. Before used car crashed a bit we got an exceptional amount on trade in.

My Bronco came in at 73k and we discussed it. She shared her concerns but knew how long I have been waiting and how happy would make me.

This only happy wife happy life crap is ridiculous. It goes both ways. She wanted me to be happy.

The compromise we made was put 50% down finance rest through credit union at 2.39 I think.

Took delivery few months ago and just sent out check to satisfy the loan. She ended up loving it as much as I and ubderstood how happy it made me.

Also on flip side she ordered her Rivian SUV and I couldn’t say anything lol!

still_waiting

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, VW.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
truth. We have a Tesla model y and she fought me every step of the way on buying that. When it arrived she was head over heels in love with that car. 2 years later and I don’t even get to drive the Tesla now lol. Why she giving me a hard time on this?! Lol.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
I'm the one that waffled a bit in the very beginning due to being hesitant to make/commit to such a large purchase. It made me nervous, even knowing that it wasn't going to stress finances or anything. I've just always tended to go for cheaper/used cars as it makes more financial sense typically. So the Bronco was by far, the most expensive car I've ever purchased & my first new car as well... So committing to reserving & then custom ordering was a huge change. My husband continually reassured me that we can afford it just fine, and that I deserve it and to just enjoy it, lol!

Editing to add, as the wife, my husband had been oogling the 3.3T Stingers for a year or two but wasn't ready to buy a brand new car. I knew how much he loved them and how nice it would be to have... I kept dropping hints that he should trade his GTO for a Stinger.. talk slowly got a bit more serious and ultimately I found the spec he wanted and sent him a link to it. The next day he drove a few hours away and bought it.

Unless one spouse is making a really poor decision that could bring the family down, like buying something that is out of budget... marriage is about making decisions together and both parties should be on board, but the goal is to lift each other up.. not try to roadblock things that are within reach.

Last edited:

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sitting down with her and discussing it be better than people here who do not know either of you. The wife and I discuss everything in detail and ease each other’s concerns. Has worked for decades.

You also might benefit from her driving one and seeing how enjoyable it is. My wife has her own. We got the same models. We both ordered, but hadn’t decided for sure until we drove mannequin's at the dealerships. We went all over to drive different models before settling on them.

Ford Bronco As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches? DEFA1195-BFA9-4B80-B049-800A6F5F604D
Ford Bronco As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches? 18CFACEF-0596-453E-983A-A876E21C24E9
Sponsored