Sponsored

As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches?

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the advice you already know: Happy Wife Happy Life

With that said, here's a video where a Bronco owner configured his to have a bed in the cargo area, JIC the wife throws you out for pulling the trigger. 🤣

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suppose you could finance some and invest the money, might make it hurt less?
marriage and finances is tricky and there’s a lot of ways to crumble that cookie, but we make our fun purchases with our own money and leave out the judgement on what the value is to the person making the purchase. It keeps the peace and works for us, hopefully you find a solution that works for you… and involves getting the bronco you want!!

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife specifically wanted me to finance it so that I won't trade it for something else too soon. This coming from a 4 yr old Tacoma that I was supposed to keep for 10 yrs.

When it came time to buy the Bronco though, she was all in. I think it was because of the time she had seen me invest in tracking the whole Bronco rollout. She had even asked 'do you want something else', the answer was always no...I really want to drive a Bronco. So maybe have that discussion. This is what you want to roll with. Ask if financing would make her feel more comfortable having extra cash on hand.

Oh and once I got it....the wife REALLY like driving it. My guess is yours will to and that will seal the deal. Good luck.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
kumbaya....
Nah, marriage is just one of those things where I refuse to be miserable just to make my wife happy. If I want something and have the means to get it, you bet your ass I'm going to get it.

I supported her $65k Grand Cherokee L, she can support my $55k Bronco.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You sure it’s the money and not, say, your constantly calling the car “my girl” and looking at countless topless pictures of it online?

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the advice you already know: Happy Wife Happy Life

With that said, here's a video where a Bronco owner configured his to have a bed in the cargo area, JIC the wife throws you out for pulling the trigger. 🤣

Just name your bronco “The Doghouse” 😂

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nah, marriage is just one of those things where I refuse to be miserable just to make my wife happy. If I want something and have the means to get it, you bet your ass I'm going to get it.

I supported her $65k Grand Cherokee L, she can support my $55k Bronco.
same in my domicile. we make decent money and split things down the middle. My fun money is mine and she has hers.... i want a bronco and she could care less....
Sponsored