Sponsored

As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches?

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Shortly after marriage I developed these simple rules.
1. Nobody can make me as unhappy as my wife.
2. There is no amount of happiness I can create for myself that my wife cannot undo.

Keeping those rules in mind, I've had a great 30+ year marriage. :)
Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
same in my domicile. we make decent money and split things down the middle. My fun money is mine and she has hers.... i want a bronco and she could care less....
Bingo. We split bills and have all of our finances separate. As long as we meet our obligations and keep saving we’re all happy.

Even when I got into the rabbit hole that is night vision.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m on the flip side my wife loves the bronco. She’s the reason we put a deposit down in the first one. she drove it this weekend to cruise top down over to the next town where we ate and went out for ice cream with the kids. She gets back home and says let’s order another one.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
same in my domicile. we make decent money and split things down the middle. My fun money is mine and she has hers.... i want a bronco and she could care less....
thats exactly how we do it.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
Getting spouse support/buy-in is a good and smart thing. See if you can find a dealer that has a demo so she can test drive it on a nice day, or if there is a Bronco Off Rodeo nearby sign up and take her to it to drive one off road. It would not surprise me if she's sees how much fun the Bronco can be and why you want it. Of course, the risk is she might like it too much and adopt it as her own but that's a risk worth taking. Heck, you might end up with ordering her one as well, which makes it a win-win.

Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We talked about it ahead, worked the numbers, shared input, and it's all good. We make decisions that have the potential to effect our plan and happiness as a team so there aren't any regrets.

lr48

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1200
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
Mine is pushing hard for me to get my Bronco, I think secretly she wants it for herself.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not sure if the fact I ordered a Model 3 while we were waiting and that would cost substantially more than the Bronco did (and she did doesn't want a Tesla)....

But I'm the one that actually waffled. In fact, I said f*ck it when mine hit Ice Mountain and declared that I was done with it. I bought a Honda CRV Hybrid to replace my 2014 Forester that I got a stupid amount of money for and then ordered the Tesla.

My wife started pushing the Bronco. Saying that's what I have always wanted and I've been talking about it. She really is the one that made the final kick down the back stretch and got it over the line.

I'm damn thankful for her. Riding around this past weekend in low 80 degree weather she proclaimed, "I really love the Bronco".

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nah, marriage is just one of those things where I refuse to be miserable just to make my wife happy. If I want something and have the means to get it, you bet your ass I'm going to get it.

I supported her $65k Grand Cherokee L, she can support my $55k Bronco.
You are so right... My wife has leased BMW's for last 10 years while I drove the 6+ year old cars, she will not know about Bronco till I drive it home

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That bites.

She doesn't choose my vehicles and I don't choose hers. Unless she wants a Chevy, then I veto that.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You sure it’s the money and not, say, your constantly calling the car “my girl” and looking at countless topless pictures of it online?
Lol - like everyone else, she questions why I'm always looking at something Bronco related. My guess is when it's delivered and we see it and drive it, she'll be sold.
Getting spouse support/buy-in is a good and smart thing. See if you can find a dealer that has a demo so she can test drive it on a nice day, or if there is a Bronco Off Rodeo nearby sign up and take her to it to drive one off road. It would not surprise me if she's sees how much fun the Bronco can be and why you want it. Of course, the risk is she might like it too much and adopt it as her own but that's a risk worth taking. Heck, you might end up with ordering her one as well, which makes it a win-win.
We did go to the Bronco drive event here in Georgia a month or so ago. She was impressed by it no doubt.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Shortly after marriage I developed these simple rules.
1. Nobody can make me as unhappy as my wife.
2. There is no amount of happiness I can create for myself that my wife cannot undo.

Keeping those rules in mind, I've had a great 30+ year marriage. :)
Sound advice.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lol - like everyone else, she questions why I'm always looking at something Bronco related. My guess is when it's delivered and we see it and drive it, she'll be sold.
In all seriousness, I would just put the ball in her court, so to speak. And ask her what would make her feel more comfortable about the purchase.

Second, I would use the fact that you could instantly re-sell it if needed, and likely even make a profit on it. So, if something were to happen and you were to need the cash, you could basically recoup all your investment (and likely more) for the next 3-9 months (or maybe longer, who knows).
Sponsored