Sponsored

As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches?

Jakrispy22

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m on the flip side my wife loves the bronco. She’s the reason we put a deposit down in the first one. she drove it this weekend to cruise top down over to the next town where we ate and went out for ice cream with the kids. She gets back home and says let’s order another one.
My wife did the exact same thing. We ordered a base Bronco knowing that we would do 35s and a lift ourselves, after all was said and done and she drove it for the first time she made up her mind. She said she wants to trade her expedition Max in for a four-door once order banks open back up in August
Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife has been egging me on to spend more. She’s like a damn devil on my shoulder. I found an old spreadsheet I made back when we were doing the first round of MY21 orders and it was $15k less than what I’ll be taking delivery on any day now.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn't see your earlier post about nighvision until after I'd posted. I just recognized the screen name. My nightvision and thermal hasn't been out since the week I purchased them. Definitely under 30 minutes on each over a year later. Lol!
Didn’t know this was a hobby, do you just go outside in the dark and look at things?

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big decisions require two yes votes or one no vote. Let her know that she has veto power.

Jason

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
It's funny, my wife was totally cool with me placing the order for the Bronco, but the whole process got her thinking about a new vehicle as well. Long story short, I wound up buying her a new Explorer back in September, and I got my Bronco in December. I guess what I'm saying is, maybe that "something else" that your wife is referencing is a new vehicle for her too.

Sponsored

BroncoFish

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3; 2022 Land Rover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pull a Doug Demuro and finance less than half of it (if you can get a good rate) and then invest the rest (that you would have otherwise spent on the truck if paid cash) in a low risk low return index. However, caveat is that rates have gone up at a high rate of speed since feds tightened rates, so you might not be able to get a rate less than 4% and then in my opinion it wouldn't make sense. Also, the market is starting to tank with expectations of a recession with potentially the bottom of the market being in a month or so. So could be an extra-special good time for you to invest in the market, if you can afford to play the long game with the funds.

BUT I'm not an investment advisor and am just an average joe retail investor speculating on the market based on trends and patterns, so take with a grain of salt and only invest according to your own risk level!

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife specifically wanted me to finance it so that I won't trade it for something else too soon. This coming from a 4 yr old Tacoma that I was supposed to keep for 10 yrs.

When it came time to buy the Bronco though, she was all in. I think it was because of the time she had seen me invest in tracking the whole Bronco rollout. She had even asked 'do you want something else', the answer was always no...I really want to drive a Bronco. So maybe have that discussion. This is what you want to roll with. Ask if financing would make her feel more comfortable having extra cash on hand.

Oh and once I got it....the wife REALLY like driving it. My guess is yours will to and that will seal the deal. Good luck.
The trick is to buy yourself a vehicle that you and your wife enjoy. Then, when you want a new vehicle, give her your old one and trade her old one in. That way, you both get a new vehicle at the same time. :cool:

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Shortly after marriage I developed these simple rules.
1. Nobody can make me as unhappy as my wife.
2. There is no amount of happiness I can create for myself that my wife cannot undo.

Keeping those rules in mind, I've had a great 30+ year marriage. :)
One of my favorite John Prine songs comes to mind. It’s called “The Other Side of Town.”

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
Do it for yourself. If this makes u happy then hopefully she supports it. I always put my wife and kids first. Typically I’m low man on pole. She said have at it if this what u want. Everything in life costs money but your smile driving your dream is priceless

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why not just post this in that thread?

Sponsored

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The road to my Bronco purchase is much like yours, except I had fewer bumps to overcome. We have the cash to have made a cash purchase, but at 1.94% interest, we financed the purchase. The purchase decision was made easy in that when we first got married, we had a Jeep CJ-7 that my wife loved as her daily driver, but when it was time to start a family, it was just too small, so we sold it for a Chev K-5 Blazer replacement. As I got the last new car, it was her turn to have this purchase as her daily driver and her positive thoughts of our Jeep combined with her being able to drive a Bronco on the pavement for 20 miles at the Moab Bronco Off-Roadeo eliminated any objections. I also had her participate in the option ordering process of what she wanted and what she didn't want. I would have ordered a Badlands, but the items and colors she wanted were more suited towards the Outer Banks trim selection, so an Outer Banks it was.

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had just the opposite experience. I fell in love with the Bronco at first sight and my wife listened to me babble incessantly for two years, then my apprehension set in. I convinced myself that the $60k would be better invested. She would have none of that and insisted I go for it and I have absolutely no regrets. This is more proof that I’m married to the best gal in world.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The trick is to buy yourself a vehicle that you and your wife enjoy. Then, when you want a new vehicle, give her your old one and trade her old one in. That way, you both get a new vehicle at the same time. :cool:
Except that she generally doesn't want to daily drive what I like. Also she has older parents she has to cart around from time to time. Her next one is going to be all electric. If it were today, it might well be a Mach E.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100% she gets the OBX door door because she takes the kids to school. I get the new two door Sasquatch 😎

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you guys go off-roading together? Camping and exploring? The vehicle is a much easier sell, if you will for real use the key attributes that make it special compared to other vehicles.
Sponsored