Sponsored

As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches?

Fender Bender

Raptor
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati, Jaguar, Dodge, Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife was semi ok with me getting a Bronco. She probably thought it would never happen after the long wait but finally got it and she loves it. I have since ordered a Raptor which I basically had to beg her to get on board with. The plan(my plan) is to trade the Wildtrak in on the Raptor but hers is to see which one "we" like the most and keep the other one. Yesterday she said she's not sure she will like the wider/taller Raptor. Guess I have some more begging to do. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, our black diamond 4 door mid package came in. I loved it… but did not take it home. My wife decided to start her private practice this summer (found out her current position was being changed this past week) and taking on a $700 car payment just was not the wise thing to do when starting a new business. It sucked not to bring it home but the sting was taken out a little when we’re given a decent check from the dealer after we bought it on paper only. Was it as much as we could have made buying it and then reselling it ourselves, NO. But I am fine with that as never had to exchange even one dollar for it. AND, when ordering opens up this fall I will probably order another one. Life may be more settled at that point. Also, I was SHOCKED when I saw what the dealer paid for the vehicle. Much lower than I anticipated. No worries though, they are a business and are in business to make money. No hard feelings 🤣
Same vehicle should be delivered for me in a few weeks. What do you mean a decent check? How did that work?

cmirishred1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn RWD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same vehicle should be delivered for me in a few weeks. What do you mean a decent check? How did that work?
I would rather. It discuss the details of that openly since I do plan on buying another one to keep once our financial situation is in order. The change to the finances happened pretty suddenly as I had anticipated keeping this one. You can message me directly if you want and I can layout how it worked for me. The basics are, I purchased and the dealer purchased back from me at a higher price than I paid. Was not my ideal but what I had to do unfortunately

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
My thinking is life is short, and if you have the means to do something that you really want to do, then do it. Otherwise you'll spend lots of time wishing or wondering what if.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
Take her to the Off-Roadeo!!
My wife fell in love with the Bronco after that event!!

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's the advice you already know: Happy Wife Happy Life

With that said, here's a video where a Bronco owner configured his to have a bed in the cargo area, JIC the wife throws you out for pulling the trigger. 🤣

Oh.... I thought that is where he was going to take her to change her mind.

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife has been stressing out about it since we want to start trying for kids and my plan is to put like 60% down on mine. I also am in the process of building a large patio at our new house so overall it's just been a lot of spending and setting money aside and she is stressed about it all. But I nearly have that 60% down payment set aside and don't expect to get mine until the fall or winter at the earliest so I feel okay overall about it.

crazynova

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My wife forbode me from saying the word Bronco for a while. We took delivery last week and she loves it. She even mentioned we need bigger tires (we got a non-SAS BD). I call it a win.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Her - “Why don’t you buy a Jeep?”
Me - “Sigh.”

Me - “There’s one!”
Her - “You like them more than I do. Looks like a bread box to me.”
Me - “Sigh.”

Questions about mpg’s, etc. I’m praying this goes well when it shows up.

freezey00

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
buy her some new pots and pans or a new vacuum - that should smooth this one over.

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am shocked to get this deep in the thread without seeing mention of Brad Paisleys "Im gonna miss her".

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Miscellaneous quips :

Sometimes I think that my only purpose in life has been to purchase cars for other people.
-rak2

Happy wife, Happy life? Be careful fellows you don't wake up one morning to find that you have expended your life in a vain attempt to make a woman happy.
- some old man

As long as you put your life in someone else's hands, nothing will ever change.
- Travis Alexander

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finance it. If your credit is good, you'll get a rate far lower than rate of inflation or rate of return using that money to do something else. Absolutely no reason to pay cash for a vehicle right now.
Sometimes it makes sense to finance but buying cash is always good. Firstly inflation affects the future value of cash as well. The average interest rate on new car loans is 3.5% - 12% depending on credit rating. To earn this or more comes with considerable risk. Savings and CD basically pay pay nothing. And this is provided the cash is invested, and not spent on a trip to Paris or whatever. Bottom line the biggest reason not to finance is getting into the debt trap. A loan means you are spending future money today, money you may need or not even earn in the future. Again, it can make sense to finance and sometimes you get better incentives, but only if you are smart about it.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All I can say is my wife has always been supportive of my "man toy" purchases....as long as we can afford it. Motorcycles, cars, etc. 5 months ago I got a new Ranger Tremor because the wait has been so long on the Bronco. My intention was to drop my Bronco order. She said, "get both!!!" SO I am. Life is short.....you may as well enjoy the ride (and that includes in a BRONCO!). My Bronco is now scheduled for 6-6-22 week.

SideFront.jpg

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just reading this thread and geez some marriages are odd in the outlook of finances.

My wife and I both make solid salaries and have all our money joint and make all financial decisions together.

We married she moved into OUR house that I owned before marriage and sold house she had coming into marriage and infused a ton of cash that is OURS.

We are expecting our first little one this year and closing on a property to build a house within next 18-24 months.

I discussed with her the want to order loaded up Badlands and sell my 19 Trail Boss as it’s huge and unwieldy. She HATED the idea but knew it wouldn’t break the bank so I’ll get the Bronco when it’s built (15k down and finance rest with low rates).

Point is we married and our lives became a partnership and we are so happy. She gets no bonus annually and I get 35k annually bonus. As far as I care it’s OUR bonus.

I couldn’t imagine being in marriage where her stuff is hers mine is mine and being happy or even feel like I’m doing more than cohabiting with her.

I know everyone is different but when I said I do there were no worries and limitations. My heart my finances etc are to be shared with the woman of my dreams.

To each their own, my two cents.
Sponsored