Sponsored

As follow up to the buyer's remorse post - Anybody's wife/husband balking at you getting your Bronco as delivery approaches?

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Finance it. If your credit is good, you'll get a rate far lower than rate of inflation or rate of return using that money to do something else. Absolutely no reason to pay cash for a vehicle right now.
very much this. use the cash to pay off other higher interest debt or make some investments. car loans are cheap right now.
Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
My wife was very wishy washy as mine was on the train...so much so I almost cancelled the order until I drove it. Since that time, she's told several people - unprompted - how she's happy I ended up getting it, because she's seen how much fun I have driving it and the great times I've had with my daughter driving off-road and through the mud.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I tell my dog about the rides we're going to take with the roof off she just smiles.

Deleted member 21681

Finance it. If your credit is good, you'll get a rate far lower than rate of inflation or rate of return using that money to do something else. Absolutely no reason to pay cash for a vehicle right now.
This is the way.

Also, my wife directly requested that I upgrade my order to Sasquatch. So I did. Happy wife, happy life.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy it and trade her for a GF.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most of us have been waiting a very long time for our Broncos and if now suddenly your significant other is bitching about said bronco finally being delivered, I would ask them where they have been for the past 9+ months? I suppose you could always resell the bronco or just not take delivery but after the wait most have gone thru, there is no way in hell I wouldn’t take delivery. Also I have thousands in parts waiting on it to arrive, I realize not everyone is in that boat but I certainly am

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife doesn't care what I do for cars, she's also my insurance agent. I have worked very hard for a long time to be where I'm at in life and career.

We've been together 27 years and married 24 years. Life is good.......

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife doesn't care what I do for cars, she's also my insurance agent. I have worked very hard for a long time to be where I'm at in life and career.

We've been together 27 years and married 24 years. Life is good.......
My wife also doesn't care and we've been married 27 years. Somehow she let me retire four years ago when she made a career move that moved us back to MN after my career took us to CA in 1998. All my buddies are wondering how I pulled that off at age 52. I tell them you make your own luck. Life is good. :)

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife was all onboard and even gave me a nudge to get me to order - now she's waffling a bit as delivery approaches due to the $$. I have the money to pay cash - her argument is that we can use it for something else. I realize she's going through the process that a lot go through when big financial decisions need to be made and I appreciate it. Ultimately it's my decision and she says so, but would like to have her buy-in .
The Bronco was the only option my wife got excited about.

No Corolla GR for her.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a bit concerned, not her. But that's because I'm currently between jobs, and honestly $30k for a vehicle is a lot in my mind anyway.

Originally my wife encouraged me to order the Bronco because she hates the Mustang (too small and low to the ground). So the only other Ford I could possibly buy is the Bronco, because I refuse to drive an automatic.

Last edited:

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded the wife for a GF, and it was a good trade! My girl friend was not crazy of me buying a third vehicle but after a few trips and meet ups it’s the only thing she wants to ride in.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My partner is ALL IN on the Bronco… and also the primary breadwinner in the family 😂 . Though my job has all the sweet bennies for us

cmirishred1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn RWD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, our black diamond 4 door mid package came in. I loved it… but did not take it home. My wife decided to start her private practice this summer (found out her current position was being changed this past week) and taking on a $700 car payment just was not the wise thing to do when starting a new business. It sucked not to bring it home but the sting was taken out a little when we’re given a decent check from the dealer after we bought it on paper only. Was it as much as we could have made buying it and then reselling it ourselves, NO. But I am fine with that as never had to exchange even one dollar for it. AND, when ordering opens up this fall I will probably order another one. Life may be more settled at that point. Also, I was SHOCKED when I saw what the dealer paid for the vehicle. Much lower than I anticipated. No worries though, they are a business and are in business to make money. No hard feelings 🤣
Sponsored