Sponsored

Why would there be 80 miles on new Bronco?

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I’m more concerened on how it was driven and less so that it was driven.

It was instant flashbacks to the valet kid handing me the keys to my manual Mazda 3 and all I could smell was fried clutch!

I mean, nobody is going to get in a brand new ride and floor it to see it’s zero to 60 time…right?🤔
Believe me when I tell you, some of the folks that drive the new vehicles around the KTP site drive them like they stole them. I wouldn't imagine it'd be any different at MAP.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My son is in sales at a Ford dealer. The managers routinely drive new vehicles for a night out or a short road trip, and still sell them as new. I remember getting picked up in a brand new Expedition Max for a party night on the town on one occasion, his boss was driving. They have a new F-250 with 300+ miles on it right now, not sure who got those. All I know is I would never buy a new vehicle from his dealership with any significant miles on it after what I've seen. I'm sure yours is okay though.
I can understand employees driving dealer stock and I am sure that is pretty common. But driving a customers order that they have waited months (years?) for is a pretty terrible thing to do.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The same March 2023 build week.....
Friends Bronco arrived with 15 miles. It had shipped within 2 weeks.
Mine took 2 months to ship and arrived with 56 miles. Figured it got shuffled between various holding lots. The underside was dirty.... lots of splash from dirty puddles, some even in the engine compartment.

Ichi

Badlands
First Name
Malachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2003 F350 2002 International 4400
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
my 23 was delivered with 87km on it. I made them adjust the warranty milage as they tried to say on paper it was delivered with 0. they told me it had a test drive by the dealership mechanic as part of the pre sale checks and quality control

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Question for Ford insiders on the forum.

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being “built” to moving to “shipping”. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

“Dealer said” mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and it’s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I don’t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

Any ideas why so many miles?
In '85 I ordered a new Mustang GT through the fleet department at a large Ford dealer who quoted me 6-8 weeks deliever. No internet back then so just had to wait for the call. 8 weeks turned into 12 and I was getting restless. Delaer called and said, it's on the truck, will be here tomorrow morning. I was there when the transport truck showed up and my "New" 'Stang already had 63 miles on the odometer! And there was a little sticker that said it had been pulled at random for Federal emissions certification testing. No other info was avaialble. Delaer told me they'd seen this before but there's no ehyme or reason why they pick a certain car. Dealer was great, offered to order me a new car if I was willing to wiat another 2-3 months but couldn't guarantee the same wouldn;t occur again. I took my original car, had zero issues with it and chalked it up to the random event it appeared to be. Maybe they're still doing that?

Sponsored

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Our HEL was built in late August, but didn't deliver to the dealer until late December. It was on their lot less than 24 hours and had 63 miles on it. Never thought twice about it, but chalked it up to getting shuffled around various holding facilities in Detroit prior to delivery.

Truthfully, I hope whoever put those miles on it enjoyed as much as we have!

22BBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the truck, been hitching rides since October
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine had 46 miles on it, somewhere I read mine had been randomly quality inspected and assumed that was part of it. I was a little ticked for a while but got over it.
Whomever did the quality control on it should be fired, my B pillar on my 2D hardtop was warped, dealer had to replace the entire rear clam shell.
Sponsored