Kimber-to

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March 19th was the drop dead date for '21's as far as order dates. "Within the first couple of days" means not much. I'm a first 18 hour reservation and it's sketchy if I'll get mine before spring '22. Welcome to our world.
Yeah, but I ordered Jan. 27th.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
March 19th was the drop dead date for '21's as far as order dates.
The Myth that won't die.

March 19 was the date for initial round of scheduling, AND final dealer allocation.

So if the dealer failed to put the order in, he screwed himself out of 1/3d of an allocation.

OP
OP

Kimber-to

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March 19th was the drop dead date for '21's as far as order dates. "Within the first couple of days" means not much. I'm a first 18 hour reservation and it's sketchy if I'll get mine before spring '22. Welcome to our world.
You time stamp holds your spot. Not your order.
So you mean the dealer messed up? I paid my money and placed my order then. I cant add it to Ford’s build queue.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So it can't hurt to try.
Exactly the point....submit it immediately.
best case, what if he had made the cut earlier? He gets a Bronco soon, and if not, no harm.

No good comes from holding the order and can actually hurt the dealers allocations.

You can't win it if you're not in it....

Reactions: abe

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty sure the allocations at your dealer do matter. When I talked to customer support last spring after a dealer cancelled my order without my consent she told me the only way to get close back in line was to call around and ask dealers if they had any allocations left and if they did to reserve and place a order there if I wanted a 21 model. I got a phone call few weeks later from the dealer who screwed me and said he could get me one this fall for sure if I switched to the 4cyl and soft top. I said no thanks I’m holding out and staying with my new dealer.

Sponsored

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But you don’t have price protection if it wasn’t ordered before March 19th
Reservations AND orders before March 19 have price protection according to the April email.

Ford Bronco Why would my order date be 6 months after I ordered and paid $1000 deposit C248827C-E11C-4B02-8FA8-C64DA38E98B1

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So you mean the dealer messed up? I paid my money and placed my order then. I cant add it to Ford’s build queue.
You ordered, but the dealer did not. Ford didn’t know about your vehicle until June 4. Your order date reflects the date that the order is actually placed with Ford.

You didn’t lose out on anything. As someone else mentioned, you just missed the freak chance of your build going through in those first 2 months. Unless you ordered a soft top, your reservation date is kind of late anyway so the chance of a build happening would have been low. There were soooo many constraints early on.

Tell your dealer you know they dropped the ball and see what they are going to do for the delay.

calcutta

Big Bend
First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MME CA Route 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I actually noticed something similar - my original order was 2/15 but after getting a VIN and using the build tracker it shows an order date of 6/25? Maybe they are different flavors of order date? That seems non-sensical but 🤷‍♂️

Ford Bronco Why would my order date be 6 months after I ordered and paid $1000 deposit E57D4DFC-7869-4CE8-90EE-C0705F2B7517

Ford Bronco Why would my order date be 6 months after I ordered and paid $1000 deposit BE26CC9D-2025-4137-B320-8BF51EDC38E1

Edit: oh, while looking through my emails I noticed that 6/25 lines up with when I requested the soft top switch with my dealer. So at least in my case it seems updating the order affects the date shown.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Edit: oh, while looking through my emails I noticed that 6/25 lines up with when I requested the soft top switch with my dealer. So at least in my case it seems updating the order affects the date shown.
I made several changes to my order, including switching to a soft top as recently as 2 weeks ago. My order date hasn’t changed at all. Even when I got the VIN and order scheduled last week, the system still shows my original order date.

Ford Bronco Why would my order date be 6 months after I ordered and paid $1000 deposit C92E8D62-2DB2-44D9-BF8F-98540B78724B

Ford Bronco Why would my order date be 6 months after I ordered and paid $1000 deposit 39E76DBB-2B64-4878-9F20-D6B4E10339E7

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just noticed there’s a gap of 10 days between when the order was placed and when it was received and confirmed by Ford. I suspect my dealer held all orders until the 3/19 cut off date for allocations and submitted them all at once.

Granted, my confirmation email did come from Ford on 3/19, and has remained the same since. I have changed my order several times since.

If you log in on Ford’s site and go to the reservations and orders, that’s what shows my original dealer order date (3/9), but when I log in with the VIN tracker I see the order confirmation date (3/19).

Also looking through my order summaries from the dealer, all the changes before 3/19 had a different order number that started with an “M” and after 3/19 they all just had the final 4 digit order number that I use in the VIN tracker.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But you don’t have price protection if it wasn’t ordered before March 19th
Please stop spreading this misleading garbage. Per Ford, in crystal clear language; an order OR A RESERVATION made before March 20th (so 3/19 orders or reservations are protected) qualifies. Now, if you have concerns about Ford keeping or making that pledge meaningful, that is a different story...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please stop spreading this misleading garbage. Per Ford, in crystal clear language; an order OR A RESERVATION made before March 20th (so 3/19 orders or reservations are protected) qualifies. Now, if you have concerns about Ford keeping or making that pledge meaningful, that is a different story...
Lol, I agree ... just know some of their argument is the word "and" .... they assume you must have reserved AND (then) ordered before March.

We read it as reserved and/or ordered.

I find it humorous.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol, I agree ...

I find it humorous.
Reservation # 156000 +/- out of nearly 200,000 initially and that was my reservation confirmation at 8:37 AM on 7/14/20, I assume the last six digits of the reservation number would have meant place in line except when people dropped out. At current rate of production and even if half of the reservations were not converted that might represent a 2024 build, lol

Confirmed order on 3/18/21 and then a week later the bad news email from Ford.

Customers who currently have the black painted modular hard top or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):

Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof (you can see a version here)

Order the black soft top roof (with exception of Wildtrak and 2-door) (you can see a version here)

Wait for black painted modular hard top or dual top roof option for 2022 model year

And
We are addressing this longer wait by:

Investing millions of additional dollars to increase production of key high demand features so you can take delivery of your ideal Bronco as soon as possible.

Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021). This will ensure you will not see an increase in the MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2022 model year Bronco.

The bold and underline is mine. I take this to mean that if you did not reserve OR order by 3/19 then you do not have price protection. We were also given initially only until 4/8 to update our orders. Then in June we were given until July 16th to further change our orders by dropping the dual top and going softtop only with

Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.

Certainly you could have a reservation not yet converted (Ford or dealer still has your $100) or an order without having a reservation and you are price protected through 2023.

I just wish (now that my baby is supposed to have been built last week) there was price protection for the painted top i cannot order for at least another year....

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny thing is the largest Ford dealer in my region did not even participate in the 7/13-7/14 online reservation program. I had to widen my search, ruling out one other major that I never heard good about, instead going with a small-town dealer 49 miles away, Since I had been considering a LR Defender or Discovery Sport as alternatives and those nearest dealers are 90 miles away, 49 is nothin' (sigh) I long for the days when there were small-town dealers in every small town. Our rural community of 11,000 once had 5 new vehicle dealers - and the owners were our neighbors, not some corporate giant.
Sponsored