Sponsored

Why would there be 80 miles on new Bronco?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Question for Ford insiders on the forum.

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being “built” to moving to “shipping”. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

“Dealer said” mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and it’s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I don’t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

Any ideas why so many miles?
Sponsored

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove my bronco before I bought it and I put 120 miles on it. But I was gentle. I would be concerned how hard it was driven.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody drove it. I've heard of some dealerships letting customers test drive custom orders. Someone else said they worked at a dealership where the owner routinely drove cars on his lot whenever he felt like it ("he owned it until you buy it" kinda thing).

Was it some quality control program where Ford put it on a dyno and ran miles off to figure out some issue? I dunno, I guess you could ask Ford if that's a thing. I've not heard of that.

I would think 80 is probably within allowable margin, since you do have a 36k/3yr warranty. You should see any issues before that. However, you might use it as leverage for a better price or something the dealer adds.

PowerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands, 07 FJ Cruiser, 04 WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had ~30 miles on it when I bought it for reference.

Sponsored

WI/DS

Base
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Base Sasquach 2dr, 19 F150, 19 F150, 99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I took delivery of mine, it had 100 miles on it. I don't know what they did with it.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had like 77 miles on it straight off the truck at the dealer. There was a rumor back then that some are randomly picked off the assembly line for for quality control testing...not sure if that's true. Also, some with add-ons find their way to another location for the add-ons to be installed then back for shipping.

miko2367

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up at the dealership. It did however take 28 months for me to get it in after I had ordered it.

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 23’ Wlidtrak had 36 miles on it when it came off the transport truck. My sales guy called me @9 am that day and sent me pictures of it.

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question for Ford insiders on the forum.

I went to take delivery on my new Bronco and it has 80 miles on it already. How can that be?

When I was tracking it there was 5 or 6 days between being “built” to moving to “shipping”. I saw a post here about a ton of broncos going to some holding lot so maybe mine was part of that?

“Dealer said” mine got picked out of the line by Ford for quality checks and it’s driven for that so it accrued mileage.

I don’t mistrust my sales guy but 80 miles seems a tad excessive. My last 8 new cars have all had under 8 miles on them when I drove them off the lot.

This one is a replacement for the Bronco Ford bought back from me and that one had 36 miles on it and I thought that was a bunch.

Any ideas why so many miles?
If you ordered it, most likely it came with just under 80 miles before it went through PDI, which will add a few more. At my dealership I have seen broncos from 21 to 120 miles on them when they arrive. Ford does do testing before they are shipped, plus they may move them from lot to lot.

At our dealer, we do not test drive customer orders. Most dealers wouldn't do that either.

Sponsored

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Somebody drove it. I've heard of some dealerships letting customers test drive custom orders. Someone else said they worked at a dealership where the owner routinely drove cars on his lot whenever he felt like it ("he owned it until you buy it" kinda thing).

Was it some quality control program where Ford put it on a dyno and ran miles off to figure out some issue? I dunno, I guess you could ask Ford if that's a thing. I've not heard of that.

I would think 80 is probably within allowable margin, since you do have a 36k/3yr warranty. You should see any issues before that. However, you might use it as leverage for a better price or something the dealer adds.
The warranty will account for the 80 miles on the car.

I doubt anyone drove it. Ford does do random testing of vehicles as well as moves them from lot to lot, if it is waiting for additional parts.

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you ordered it, most likely it came with just under 80 miles before it went through PDI, which will add a few more. At my dealership I have seen broncos from 21 to 120 miles on them when they arrive. Ford does do testing before they are shipped, plus they may move them from lot to lot.
I do trust my dealer but I had never had that many miles an a new vehicle. Reading through the replies here it seems 88 miles is within a tolerable range.

I’ll hope it was picked out of the lineup for quality inspection!

vbrad26

Outer Banks
First Name
Vance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW's and now a Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

To add to what everyone is saying about being randomly selection for quality control, if that is the case, I remember seeing that there would be a note or something of the sort in the glovebox.
Not sure if that is fact or not, but I remember it...

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To add to what everyone is saying about being randomly selection for quality control, if that is the case, I remember seeing that there would be a note or something of the sort in the glovebox.
Not sure if that is fact or not, but I remember it...
Oh cool, I’ll check for that when I go in to sign the papers tomorrow. I did crawl under it to see what a HOSS 3.0 rack looks like and it’s clean so I know nobody went muddin’!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do trust my dealer but I had never had that many miles an a new vehicle. Reading through the replies here it seems 88 miles is within a tolerable range.

I’ll hope it was picked out of the lineup for quality inspection!
Quality inspection doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be any better.
I did a PDI on a brand new Braptor that came straight off the truck with 53 “quality control” miles. Left inner axle boot was torn throwing grease everywhere and it had a massive oil leak from a pinched RH turbocharger oil supply line o-ring.
Sponsored