Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gas prices have me spending $15-$18 a DAY to commute so the Bronco will be my wife's daily driver. BOOO! And before I get the flood of "But I get 25mpg in my Sasquatch 2.7L", that isn't my reality. I'm at 14.5mpg to and from work (40ish miles, all freeway).

So on to the topic...My wife has a hard time getting in the Bronco and more often than not, I'm grabbin' ass to give her a boost in. LOL. Now that she's going to drive it (3 miles roundtrip), she needs a step aid of some kind. I'm currently lifted around 2" over SAS and have FabFours tubular sliders so add on steps are a no-go and I'm not a fan of steps anyway.

Would love a stirrup option like what Steinjager or BestNets offer for the Jeep. Anyone know if these would work for a Bronco? They seem like they would but with that door sill plastic cover, I'm not so sure. TIA. Pics below of both products...

Ford Bronco Wife needs help getting in the Bronco.  Looking for stirrup options if any 1696375620328

Ford Bronco Wife needs help getting in the Bronco.  Looking for stirrup options if any 1696375666817
Sponsored

Last edited:

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
there are spring loaded truck bed steps that lower and spring up..perhaps you could modify or weld on ?? try
'amp research bed step"

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So on to the topic...My wife has a hard time getting in the Bronco and more often than not, I'm grabbin' ass to give her a boost in. LOL.
I'm having trouble finding an issue here? You should be thankful its lifted...

What about a step stool she keeps in the car?

Ford Bronco Wife needs help getting in the Bronco.  Looking for stirrup options if any 1696377010589

Ford Bronco Wife needs help getting in the Bronco.  Looking for stirrup options if any 1696377104862

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Stirrups look dangerous at best. Get Rock rails and there's plenty options of bolt on steps. I have aig steps which are great

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought a $3 plastic step stool from drugmart

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm having trouble finding an issue here? You should be thankful its lifted...

What about a step stool she keeps in the car?

Ford Bronco Wife needs help getting in the Bronco.  Looking for stirrup options if any 1696379532409

Ford Bronco Wife needs help getting in the Bronco.  Looking for stirrup options if any 1696379532409
Have done that before for the wife and her 96 Bronco. Tie a string to them so that she can pull it up after she gets in. I finally put nerf bars with a built in step on it.

On our Broncos now, my Badlands has ZroadZ sliders and her Wildtrak has the Ford steps. Both work really well for her.

OP
OP
Cysquatch

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dude, buy your wife steps and put the sliders in storage. $800 is not worth relationship stress.
Not happening. Are you crazy? lol. The sliders stay. I’ve been married 37 years. I’m not concerned with relationship stress.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not happening. Are you crazy? lol. The sliders stay. I’ve been married 37 years. I’m not concerned with relationship stress.
Wow, so she's stuck driving the vehicle that you knew got crappy mileage and then modified it to get even crappier mileage only to pass it off to her. I'm sure since you don't plan on making it remotely user friendly for her that you plan on continuing to use it on the weekends all the while using hers during the week.

It's your marriage, your life, your truck so do what you want but give in a little and just buy a set of power steps, it sounds like she's done her share of compromising for you. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No offense to your wife. I always laugh when I see threads like this. My 5ft wife has zero problems getting in Broncos. Is this just a problem with people not used to entering trucks of any sort?

Edit: I missed the 2" lift! I could see that making it a bit tougher.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread is full of very specific, very solvable problems... and it's so funny to see how the worst possible solutions are what arise, lol
Sponsored