Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like something out of Halo
Not sure if thats a good thing or not ... but I like the look!
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes facts are awesome. Ford has marketed the Badlands as equivelant to the Rubicon. Most Rubicon's never see trails that used it's features and the Badlands will be the same way. People buy Rubicon's just to be seen driving a Rubicon. It's not that hard of a concept to accept.
Except itā€™s not thatā€™s not what your original comment was based on. You said that people are buy it because people perceived it as the ā€œbestā€ model. People that are going to buy something because they think a model is ā€œbestā€ are the WildTrak buyers. Remember, comprehension is key.

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guys, the real reason someone buys the WT vs the OBX with squatch is to avoid having their Bronco called a Momsquatch.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not responsible for your comprehension. You read it wrong. Everyone on here knows the Badlands is the top model.
Plenty of people consider the Wildtrak the top trim. Top trims arenā€™t known for being significantly less expensive than a lower trim.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I hoping my Wildtrak will look like
I am planning to get the optional HD Modular Steel Bumper and the Leather Seats
I will add the Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step Bars
I may swap the Goodyear MT tires over to Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W 315/70R17 (35ā€) tires.

45303F03-C4D0-4034-820F-2F27059DD369.jpeg
That's very cool

Sponsored

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am planning to buy the Wildtrak because I dont need the Sway Bar Disconnect and because I want the 2.7 Engine, Auto Transmission, Sasquatch Package, Black Hard Top, Black Grille...
Definitely not buying it for bragging rights that I paid the most for it

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ive actually never understood all the love for the Badlands. I really don't care for it. Id rather have a loaded Outer Banks with a rear locker.

Some may be going for the BL for rock-crawling purposes, but that's just not what Im into. (anymore)

But the Wildtrak is pure badassery and I may have gone for for that even if I had the opportunity to reserve an FE, and not for price reasons, especially considering the color choices.

The Race Red Wildtrak is ?????
I think Outerbanks is a soccer momā€™s Bronco. When I add what I want to BL I might as well move up to WT, but then I need to add the front bumper and do something about that cloth interior. I need B&P!

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally agree...I want there to be something different other than a sport drive mode. I reserved the WT thinking it was taking on Jeepā€™s Mojave, with better suspension and reinforced frame, etc, necessary for real off road speed. Unfortunately it has none of that.

I priced out the BL and WT fully loaded, and the BL was 1-2k more, however, it has the disconnect, rock climbing mode, rear steal bumper, upgraded armor, rock rails and vinyl and washout floors, so to me worth the extra. I will be switching to the BL
Yes! Everything you just said! Sweet!, I'm not the only one!

Absolutely! Based on the early marketting I reserved it as a Mojave fighter. All you have to do, to configure any trim to functionally match the Wildtrak, is add the 2.7 and SAS. Throw on a Black Hard Top and there ya go. Based on this all Bronco's are be Mojave fighters.

I did the same Math. You cannot save enough money buying the Wildtrak to buy all of the armor the BL comes with from FoMoCo. So unless there is still a "Mike Levine" cool stuff surprise, I think the WildTrak is a Jeep Wrangler High Altitude Fighter!

Since they are all Mojave Fighters, mine will have disconnect and washout.

Last edited:

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes! Everything you just said! Sweet!, I'm not the only one!

Absolutely! Based on the early marketting I reserved it as a Mojave fighter. All you have to do to configure any trim to functionally match the Wildtrak is add the 2.7, SAS. Throw on a Black Hard Top and there ya go. Based on this all Bronco's can be Mojave fighter.

I did the same Math. You cannot save enough money buying the Wildtrak to buy all of the armor the BL comes with from FoMoCo. So unless there is still a "Mike Levine" cool stuff surprise, I think the WildTrak is a Jeep Wrangler High Altitude Fighter!

Since they are all MOjave Fighters, mine will have disconnect and washout.
Unless they come out with something specific on the WT that we don't know about I think this is the route a lot of us will be taking

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in the northeast. Wildtrak doesnā€™t do it for me - thereā€™s no wide open sands here for racing and never will be.

Badlands better fits the enthusiast needs around here. Our trails will be tight and rocky.

the only things that I see on BL that make me want it instead of Black Diamond are the unlocking sway bar and access to higher trim gizmos that my wife will want.

Squatch Black Diamond with a disconnecting sway bar and Iā€™d be all done.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been 4dr Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7, auto, modular painted hard top, lux package, leather (we'll see about this once B&P is up, if not I'll take the vinyl and replace w/ Katzkin) this whole time and here is why:
1. Appears the Wildtrak has the modular front bumper available but not an option for rear steel bumper like the BL. I'm sure aftermarket will have something, but who knows when and what it'll look like.
2. BL front disconnects. If you've previously owned a wrangler, you'd know how helpful this can be.
3. Rock/crawl mode in BL vs not available in Wildtrak, which is what we do out here in the Rockies and this mode has been great on her GC trailhawk.

Although, I know my wife is not fond of the orange piping/stitching on the BL seats, but again, need to wait for the interior options to be rolled out.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of people consider the Wildtrak the top trim. Top trims arenā€™t known for being significantly less expensive than a lower trim.
Option out at Badlands fully and it costs more than a Wildtrak fully optioned and therefore it is not the cheaper option.

It only costs more because of the default options.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Potato - Potato... Its all irrelevant until we know what is included or different between the trims. I expect interior color availability differences, potential touch point material differences, etc. Maybe it is as simple as you are getting a small price break for buying the pre configured WT with the features as opposed to adding the options onto the BL. Regardless what the heck does it matter, people buy what you like and for the purpose you envision for the vehicle. No reason to throw poo at our forum members over a stinking trim option. Daily reminder of why I hate the internet, social media, forums...
Sponsored