First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat and keep going back and forth, I prefer the Badlands interior as I don't like the Brown dash, and I'd have to have leather in the Wildtrack as the cloth is an absolute no for me. Not sure about the Badlands, I like the Marine Vinyl idea, but I haven't had a car without power seat in a long time. I'm hoping the no headliner insulation on Badlands is just a build and price glitch, but I also figure there will be aftermarket options for that.

Final issue I'm not sure about is running boards that are optional on Wildtrak. Really prefer the look without, but with 35" tires is my wife going to be able to get in without them?
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would not include Sasquatch on the badlands... yes there is a tire difference but the core of Sasquatch is the stronger front axle and locker and the advanced 4x4..of which Badlands already has.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BL - adding both Lux and Sasquatch is $55,260
WT - just adding lux, Sasquatch included is $54, 560

Originally was intent on the BL but after seeing this Im thinking WT is the better choice, price-wise
Youre right.. it also comes down to what you want to do

Wildtrak is clearly the everything included model for light off roading but looking premium while doing it. Badlands is the everything included model for more intense adventuring but it also looks sexy af. They're like two very successful siblings who are executives at their company. Both outdoors'y but one climbs mt everest and the other only adventures to local mountains,, on the weekends

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the same boat and keep going back and forth, I prefer the Badlands interior as I don't like the Brown dash, and I'd have to have leather in the Wildtrack as the cloth is an absolute no for me. Not sure about the Badlands, I like the Marine Vinyl idea, but I haven't had a car without power seat in a long time. I'm hoping the no headliner insulation on Badlands is just a build and price glitch, but I also figure there will be aftermarket options for that.

Final issue I'm not sure about is running boards that are optional on Wildtrak. Really prefer the look without, but with 35" tires is my wife going to be able to get in without them?
I don't think it is a glitch. I Think the BL is so heavy that adding a hardtop plus insulation pushes it over the gross limit... but could be wrong.

I am a WT, but also thought of the equivalent Badlands (leaving off Sasquatch because its not really needed.) Figured if I added Leather which gives me Carpet then I'd maybe be better than WT.

But unlike 99% of this board, I dont like that BL only has Black/Dark interior. So for right now, the same reason (interior choices) people are bailing on WT, is why I can't see doing BL, even for the same price.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not include Sasquatch on the badlands... yes there is a tire difference but the core of Sasquatch is the stronger front axle and locker and the advanced 4x4..of which Badlands already has.
Yeah, but Sas gives it a little bit more lift, much nicer wheels, taller gears of it’s an auto, and 35s from the factory. It’s worth it.

Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good discussion, thank for the comparison. At this point I'm leaning toward the Wildtrak.

Having had vinyl seats in the past in hot, humid environments, I just can't go that direction. I realize aftermarket seat covers of a wide variety of types (some even ventilated) are an option for everyone. The Area 51 interior accents will match my exterior preference.

By the time I take delivery in '22, I'm looking for the white top and I also suspect by that time there will be several aftermarket options for a front steel bumper with a more integrated winch location and rear steel bumpers, rock rails and underbody protection. Shoot, by then there might even be another interior color/design option!

firelo724

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Youre right.. it also comes down to what you want to do

Wildtrak is clearly the everything included model for light off roading but looking premium while doing it. Badlands is the everything included model for more intense adventuring but it also looks sexy af. They're like two very successful siblings who are executives at their company. Both outdoors'y but one climbs mt everest and the other only adventures to local mountains,, on the weekends
That’s some funny sh&@! Agreed two Slightly different set ups, just a question what you prefer or need. I’m on the fence

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it is a glitch. I Think the BL is so heavy that adding a hardtop plus insulation pushes it over the gross limit... but could be wrong.

I am a WT, but also thought of the equivalent Badlands (leaving off Sasquatch because its not really needed.) Figured if I added Leather which gives me Carpet then I'd maybe be better than WT.

But unlike 99% of this board, I dont like that BL only has Black/Dark interior. So for right now, the same reason (interior choices) people are bailing on WT, is why I can't see doing BL, even for the same price.
Very well could be, the weight issue was mentioned in one of the emails from Ford, however, it does seem strange you can add the bumpers, running boards (or rock rails) to a Wildtrak that should make it just as heavy (same thing at this point except sway bar disconnect)

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just read this thread for the first time and playing with the configurator. I have an order from the first day (July 14th) on both the BL and WT and trying to decide between the two.

QQ: Where is the option for an interior color other than black? I wanted that light color marine vinyl color I have seen in some other photos but do not see that as an option on either of these two models.

Agree cloth is a no-go. I plan to use this Bronco in FL and take hardtop off, maybe keep bimini on and let rain in which is why I was leaning toward BL.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just read this thread for the first time and playing with the configurator. I have an order from the first day (July 14th) on both the BL and WT and trying to decide between the two.

QQ: Where is the option for an interior color other than black? I wanted that light color marine vinyl color I have seen in some other photos but do not see that as an option on either of these two models.

Agree cloth is a no-go. I plan to use this Bronco in FL and take hardtop off, maybe keep bimini on and let rain in which is why I was leaning toward BL.
Couple of points

1) you can change your trims...so really no need for 2 reservations unless you are actually going to buy 2. make sure you keep the one with the earliest time according to Fords system.

2) just about everything that Ford has shown us with there original Bronco showing is NOT available. They are concepts only (most of the post on this board are about that topic). So your white interior... ain't happening (but never say never I suppose)

3) there are only 2 vehicles that have washout, leave the top off while it rains kinda thing... Black Diamond and Badlands... both come with the ONLY marin grade final option... Black.

There are teases of more options for 2022 but we won't know what those are for a long time

Sponsored

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh...not sure I want black interior in Florida....might be rethinking my decision here.

I just found out yesterday I can switch models in final order so I am going to kill one of my orders (the July 15th order.)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm already sold on BL, but I would add the Graphics Package @ $520 for WT if I was decking it out.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the Black only interior bother you?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ugh...not sure I want black interior in Florida....might be rethinking my decision here.

I just found out yesterday I can switch models in final order so I am going to kill one of my orders (the July 15th order.)
No don't cancel anything.. bad move. Having 2 reservations can be beneficial right now

1) if they are at different dealers...you could get a better place in line for their allocations.

2) because we don't fully know which options are going to cause delays... a 2nd reservation would allow you to build out your 2 choices...then once you get the estimate as to when you could expect them, you could cancel one based on timeline.

That is of course as long as your dealer isn't enforcing a non-refundable deposit.

DarienJim

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks but both orders are at same dealer. But I like your thinking and I will hold.
Sponsored