Sponsored

Will Bronco hold resale value like Jeep JL? Amazing numbers.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the JK's hold pretty good value, bought my 2012 Sarah in 2017 for 27.5, 50k miles, only aftermarket item was exhaust. I did 2 inch lift and fuel wheels and tires plus other minor upgrades. all in all Id say little over 5k in aftermarket. Sold it Feb of 2022 for 21K with 107K miles oh her, granted the used car market was crazy then...
Sponsored

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting. So based on your Rubicon price comparison over time, the higher end Wranglers (such as Rubicon) jumped in price more than the lower base version I compared. If I were deciding where to raise prices, I'd probably also target the higher end bigger spending customers.

Jeeps appears to have held the line better than Ford, in terms of entry price to the vehicle. In 2024 we are looking at approx $7k extra to get into the lowest cost Bronco compared to Wrangler.

When comparing Wrangler/Bronco to other SUVs, I'm not sure Jeep/Ford needs to compete as strongly on the bells and whistles. Jeep/Ford is selling an image not just a vehicle, and for the people buying that image, a Telluride for example doesn't cut it.
My '23 JL Rubi 2-door listed for over $48K, and I took it home for $43K and change. Having owned four other Wranglers, I knew resale would be good when/if the time was right to move from it because it's more or less a constant. A Willys would have been the sweet spot in reality, but I wanted painted fenders and knew the resale would be superior with the Rubi.

I wanted to order a base Bronco but the dealers were gouging and then the model was on indefinite hold, so I ordered my JL in frustration. Turns out I love it compared to my JKs, and I can't get a factory ragtop 2-door Bronco with cloth seats anyway.

Agreed on the bold. Every Bronco I build online that is otherwise the functional equivalent to my JL is well over what my JL cost a year ago (and have MGV, which I don't want). Ford could have KILLED Jeep in the market if they would have undercut them in price across the board.