Sponsored

Will Bronco hold resale value like Jeep JL? Amazing numbers.

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From 2022, right in the middle of the covid market frenzy. The same study today would look much different.
Actually, the JL 2 door only lost 7.3% of value form 2018-2022 when everything was in the Covid market frenzy. #1 resale value in the country compared to all other vehicles. I knew the JL was good, but this is really good. Hoping for the same with the Bronco. If the economy really tanks, sure all resale gets hurt, but who remains the king of the hill? I was reading posts on the JL thread. One was the Wrangler really has not changed looks much in decades, so most people can't tell if an older model is not new. Hope Ford does the same with the Bronco.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Historically wranglers have had incredible resale/trade value even taking covid out of the equation, I had a 2015 4 door Willie’s with every option you could get on a Willie’s at the time traded in 2017 got roughly 3 grand less than what I paid for it

Sponsored

RNC

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually, the JL 2 door only lost 7.3% of value form 2018-2022 when everything was in the Covid market frenzy. #1 resale value in the country compared to all other vehicles. I knew the JL was good, but this is really good. Hoping for the same with the Bronco. If the economy really tanks, sure all resale gets hurt, but who remains the king of the hill? I was reading posts on the JL thread. One was the Wrangler really has not changed looks much in decades, so most people can't tell if an older model is not new. Hope Ford does the same with the Bronco.
I’ve also hoped for the same. I don’t want them to change the Bronco design much in the next 15 years.

Jaguars had that going for a while — they looked timeless. But they modernized the brand and ditched the classic (maybe for the better in their case).

Dodge challenger had an iconic design, too. But they are changing that next year to something much worse IMO.

Tesla Model S (*NOT* the other Teslas IMO) also got a classic style that can and should last, and I’m assuming they won’t change it too much.

IMO one of the things I loved most about the Bronco is the classic design they created. Nailed it. Doesn’t look like it’s trying to be too modern or capture the latest trends, but instead has a timeless look while also looking modern (e.g. the signature headlights)

IMG_6586.jpeg

IMG_6587.jpeg

IMG_6588.jpeg

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Other reasons I see for Wrangler resale. I was out driving a nice spring day in a wealthy suburb. Must have seen 20 Wranglers and one Bronco. I get people are still waiting for Broncos, but the Wrangler has become a status symbol for the upper-middle class on up like the G-Wagon for the super wealthy. Note the two of the five vehicles in the link that increased in value the past three years as used cars were two Porsche's and two Wrangler's. Porsche is an obvious status car. Also, people really modify the Wrangler, which increases resale. Ford made a smart move doing in-factory type mods like the SAS while offering models with steel bumpers, a winch, rock sliders, etc. Jeep has now countered doing the same, so that may hit their resale a bit.

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO one of the things I loved most about the Bronco is the classic design they created. Nailed it. Doesn’t look like it’s trying to be too modern or capture the latest trends, but instead has a timeless look while also looking modern (e.g. the signature headlights)
That is why I like the my Base headlights. All the cutsie ring lights look just awful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
True.

Bad Example below of a 2025 Mid Cycle Bronco Refresh:
Ford Bronco Will Bronco hold resale value like Jeep JL? Amazing numbers. hWIYUYu
Looks like the new EV Hummer. Terrible. Look what Ford did with the Mustang. They changed it to this bad looking squared headlight wimpy thing. Sales plummeted. Then pivoted aggressive retro-modern (like the Bronco) and the Mustang has been killing it a long time with no major changes. Keep the Bronco pretty much the same. The Wrangler has the same look, the same solid front axle for bad road handling and stiff seats and still sells with high resale. I test drove the Wrangler for the first time about 6 years ago. Could not stand the seats and handling and did not get it but they sold and resold high. Now the Bronco offers better handling and seats plus off-road chops which is why I bought it. One thing Ford can do is up the sound system. Wrangler is miles better.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Big Swede

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Jeep products are tanking pretty hard right now, reason they are finally starting to upgrade their interiors. I’m finding used jeeps cheaper than I have in years. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in general are hurting, they are starting to give some sweet deals though, so will see if their new and used car market can rebound. Looked at a Ram power wagon last week, 15K off. It still hasn’t sold.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From 2022, right in the middle of the covid market frenzy. The same study today would look much different.
1000%

Jeep Wrangler's resale value is tanking all due to Stellantis' shite quality. I cannot be the only Wrangler owner to cut losses and bail on the platform after investing tens of thousands in upgrades and shite engineering "re-do's".
Sponsored