Sponsored

Will MIC top oxidize and turn a lighter shade of gray in 7-8 years?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same.
Problem is, it will only be in there at night, etc.
I work days😎 and do not have a garage at work. 😭🤬
Same here. Mine will be exposed to the brutal South Florida sun, which burns clear coat and paint off cars. Black draws the heat and sun naturally- which is why I choose white for my Bronco. I could put on 303 protectant but the brutal summer down pours- which happen daily will wash if off right away.

On my 97 Wrangler I have a cab cover- which fits over the soft top when it is up. I cover the Jeep when I am at work to keep the top and interior from sun damage. It also keeps the interior nice and cool too. The cover also fits when the top is down. It costs $35-40 and it last about 2 years- after which the sun just destroys it and it the material starts flaking off. Still cheap enough insurance every 2 years. Perhaps some aftermarket manufacturer will make a cab cover for the Bronco- that will fit over the top- for at least the 2 door?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wonder how what will happen to the white tops people are holding out for? Yellowing?
My understanding is the white tops will only be the painted modular ones. Or am I wrong?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weight would be the only downside, just depends on your thickness. Go with Line-X, it's a better product. Also, shop around for a place that hasn't done that particular application before, they'll usually give you a deal, a buddy of mine got color matched Line-X on his orange jeep at cost because the shop had never done one before.
Yeah Line-X is who did the bed in my Sierra. I just use Rhino as a generic term. And I figured weight was the only concern but wasn't sure if it could somehow lead to the roof being more susceptible to leaking? Thanks for the info!

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mod top and vinyl people, mod top and vinyl. It will last for ever and look brand new. Don't like the gloss black? Cover it in Matte black. Get sick of that? Cover it in white or what ever floats your boat. Spend the extra now and save the work of rubbing in compounds to save an already grey and getting greyer by the hour top.
Sponsored