Sponsored

Will the doors fit in cargo area with soft top fully retracted?

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember my dealer asking me over the phone, when I was modifying my order, from a hard top BD Sas to a BL, non sas, soft top, if I wanted the storage bags. I told him that wasn't an option on the website and he said he could do it. So I got them. I have a July 12 build date that hasn't moved, so I will hopefully test this out in a month.
Sponsored

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Welcome to Base Camp!!! I am also a Base, soft top, 4 door, 2.7, SAS, aux switches. We will get our rigs. They are being delivered to some lucky people, which makes me realize we are all getting them soon. The wait and on going issues suck, but it is what it is. I will be riding around with a shit grin on my face after I get mine. These "yesterdays problems" will all be a thing of the past.
(y) Amen Brother! Nice build, EXACTLY the same as mine. What color did you go with? Mine is carb grey. In the news section of the forum someone took delivery of a carb grey, 2DR, Base, SAS at the dealership near me that I originally reserved through before switching to a different dealer. They had a 1st day reservation. Mine is 2nd day, so hopefully soon...

OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also
I remember my dealer asking me over the phone, when I was modifying my order, from a hard top BD Sas to a BL, non sas, soft top, if I wanted the storage bags. I told him that wasn't an option on the website and he said he could do it. So I got them. I have a July 12 build date that hasn't moved, so I will hopefully test this out in a month.
@BigBronco1 also got the onboard storage bags with his soft top. As he's enjoying his new toy, maybe he'll get a chance to try them out and let us know how they fit...🤞

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ce-red-black-diamond-4-door.18544/post-670769

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The soft top door bags are option 87D in the order guide, list $350.

sebastianh82

Badlands
First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
demo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cannot buy the door storage bags if you buy the soft top. That is probably a clear sign that the soft top won't work well with storing the doors in the trunk.
I switched mine to a soft top and it shows it comes with the door storage bags in Fords ordering system. The bags you cant order (for obvious reasons) are the ones for the hard top roof panels. I cant see any reason why they wouldnt fit with the top retracted. Just an FYI you may want to double check with your dealer about that.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll clarify my previous comment.

I believe that Ford has claimed that all four doors will not fit in the back with the soft top folded open. Can’t recall where / when, but we will know soon enough.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll clarify my previous comment.

I believe that all four doors will not fit in the back with the soft top folded open.
And I'd like just the front doors...

bishop0577

Base
First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door base/sqatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
(y) Amen Brother! Nice build, EXACTLY the same as mine. What color did you go with? Mine is carb grey. In the news section of the forum someone took delivery of a carb grey, 2DR, Base, SAS at the dealership near me that I originally reserved through before switching to a different dealer. They had a 1st day reservation. Mine is 2nd day, so hopefully soon...
Exact same color too! Crab Grey.
We will be driving them soon.đź‘Ť

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

following!

Sponsored

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was the plan for the weekend although a high in the 60s and rain is really ruining it.
For those asking, door bags were part of my order with soft top only. No issue adding them, was done by dealer.
Have you tested this yet?

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You cannot buy the door storage bags if you buy the soft top. That is probably a clear sign that the soft top won't work well with storing the doors in the trunk.
I purchased the door bags and the soft top. Blend date is 7/13. I know it doesn't work on the B&P, but then again, according to B&P I don't get a spare wheel with the optional wheels on a Badlands.

Reactions: RLW
OP
OP
djn3400

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base