Sponsored

Door storage in cargo area with soft top?

Coach.major

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have decided to give in and change my order to a soft top if I can confirm I will still be able to store the 4 doors in the back. It will not let me add the storage bags in the build and price without going to hard top. Can anybody confirm this?? I have searched for hours.. my dealer was no help either.
Sponsored

Bronco Cash

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have decided to give in and change my order to a soft top if I can confirm I will still be able to store the 4 doors in the back. It will not let me add the storage bags in the build and price without going to hard top. Can anybody confirm this?? I have searched for hours.. my dealer was no help either.
Yes, you can. I just drove an OBX mannequin yesterday with soft top and it had the four door bags and the harnesses to store the bags in the back. I didn’t actually take the doors off but given it had all the tools to do it - and the fact there should be slightly MORE space in the back with the soft top - you surely can do it. I was very pleased with the soft top btw… I too made the switch in order to get my ride this year. Was questioning whether it was a good decision but now feel good about it

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question, I'm also curious. I have a test drive tomorrow, I'll try to get some info.

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I couldn't find anything in Search regarding the bag dimensions. Does anyone who has 4 door bags (garage or for on board) have bag dimensions? Or door dimensions? I may take a shot at some homemade bags... and by that I mean with the help of someone I know who can sew.

I wasn't able to purchase the onboard storage ones in B&P and now the accessories only has in garage bags.

Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We had a guy took delivery and promised to report back on that. He's probably still driving west.

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If anyone buys the bags and doesn't want them please let me know. I originally had them on my order but dealer removed them when I switched to soft top. I assumed since they did that you couldn't get the bags with soft top. Mine is being built this week so can't add them to order.

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anyone buys the bags and doesn't want them please let me know. I originally had them on my order but dealer removed them when I switched to soft top. I assumed since they did that you couldn't get the bags with soft top. Mine is being built this week so can't add them to order.
Dealer can add them. I have my Bronco, 4 door soft top and bags for doors. I think it's just a B&P issue not an actual order issue.

I haven't had the doors off yet but plan on removing them tomorrow. Not sure if I will throw them in the back or the garage. If I put them in the back I will report back on fitment.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The owner's manual makes it sound like there is not an issue with storing the doors on board with a soft top.

See point #4:

Ford Bronco Door storage in cargo area with soft top? Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 15.04.30
This confirms it. Straight from the manual! I also ordered on board storage bags while on the phone with the dealer.

Sponsored

TennesseeBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dealer can add them. I have my Bronco, 4 door soft top and bags for doors. I think it's just a B&P issue not an actual order issue.

I haven't had the doors off yet but plan on removing them tomorrow. Not sure if I will throw them in the back or the garage. If I put them in the back I will report back on fitment.
Can't add them because it's being built tomorrow.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

87D-
Storage Bag – Door (for On-Vehicle Storage) (4-Door only)
Note: Requires Standard Soft Top, Black Cloth

Berwolf

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Feedback on softop door removal and storage. It can be done, didn't put all of them in the trunk but put one in to simulate. It's probably a little trickier than the hardtop because of the way the softop rear window folds. But other than that no issue.

I will say make sure you zip the door up as much as possible in the bag before removing and be careful. I put a small chip in one door already. O well time to order a touch up pen.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question, I'm also curious. I have a test drive tomorrow, I'll try to get some info.
We did not test the door thing as there was a line for test drives. The doors are only as tall as the tailgate, so I don't imagine there's an issue getting them inside with the rear of the ST frame flipped up. Also, to go fully retracted I believe you take the windows out, so that solves the "where does the material go" issue. You probably have to do some creative tucking to get the top fully settled in the fully rearward position but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Edit: PS the test mule was a Wildtrak with a softop, 2.7 SAS. Drove like frigg'n butter!!!!

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if the door storage bags come with the vehicle without ordering them?
Sponsored