The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well my 2 door Eruption Green Base Bronco 2.7 Sasquatch arrived yesterday. Either picking it up today if the dealer can squeeze me in or Monday.

In all honesty I gave up on it after putting my reservation in on July 2020 and waiting forever. As I'm sure you all know how long it takes. After almost 2 years I said F it and put and order in March for a Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon 2.0T in Limited edition Gobi. Jeep had it built and delivered in 11 weeks.

The Willy's XR in the color Gobi is awesome. Even my kids love it. Equipped with the soft top it just folds down in a second. Which it great on the go whenever you want to be top less. My daughter is begging me to keep the Jeep. Lol.

My Bronco being a 2 door has the hard top. Which I'm sure is more of a PITA to go top less when needed. Especially on the go when out and about.

I did sneak a peek at my Bronco late yesterday on the dealerships lot at the end of the day. I love the Eruption Green. As the sun was setting it was changing to almost a golden Brite yellow in some spots right before my eyes. Crazy color. Also I love the stance of the 2 door Bronco. Looks very muscular and has great proportions. Has a stubby stocky tough pit bull look. Love it. Even love the Sasquatch badge which I feel I'm a part of creating since I suggested to Ford they make one for it exactly like that.

Besides cosmetics and the top the Off Roading capabilities between the two are arguable. Bronco fans will argue that the Lockers on the Sasquatch package will give it the advantage off road especially with the shorter wheel base of the 2 door. Jeep enthusiasts will argue that the solid front axle and better articulation will outperform and that you'll need lockers less and barley every have to reach for them unless in an extreme scenario because Jeeps are just that much better off road.

In the end this is going to be a really hard decision which one I keep. Id love to keep both but im not rich. I am thinking of starting a youtube channel. I do think having both would help get the channel going and would have a better chance of it taking off. Especially comparing the 2. That might be a pipe dream and a huge financial risk to take. Or it might not be being that both vehicles would hold their value really well and one will be paid off and the other half financed. Which ain't to bad. IDK? 😕
Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you driven a 2 Door Bronco yet?

If not, I'd say drive one first. You'd be amazed at how much better they handle than a Jeep. It's like comparing apples to coffee. Whichever you like more is the Bronco.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just take both and sell the one you like least after a few months of comparisons? I believe that’s what I’d do in the scenario described.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no pictures? it's not real without pictures?

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you driven a 2 Door Bronco yet?

If not, I'd say drive one first. You'd be amazed at how much better they handle than a Jeep. It's like comparing apples to coffee. Whichever you like more is the Bronco.
No I haven't. Definitely looking forward to driving it.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why not just take both and sell the one you like least after a few months of comparisons? I believe that’s what I’d do in the scenario described.
I might. But I feel like the window to do that is now. I can get a lot of money for the Bronco now. If that's the one I decided to sell.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might. But I feel like the window to do that is now. I can get a lot of money for the Bronco now. If that's the one I decided to sell.
I agree to an extent, I was just offered $8k more than I paid for mine. However, you spoke of the YouTube channel (business venture) of which there has to be hundreds of channels and millions of videos of Jeep only content. I haven’t seen that many of one versus the other, except for big names like TFL and the sort. You also said one would be paid for and the other only half financed, which means not TOO big of a financial risk. In my time, I’ve had about 6-7 opportunities to start my own business, with half of those being sponsored by other folks… regrettably I never really took advantage of any of them, so here I am still just working by the hour. All just my thoughts on the situation, and obviously I don’t always make the best decisions. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree to an extent, I was just offered $8k more than I paid for mine. However, you spoke of the YouTube channel (business venture) of which there has to be hundreds of channels and millions of videos of Jeep only content. I haven’t seen that many of one versus the other, except for big names like TFL and the sort. You also said one would be paid for and the other only half financed, which means not TOO big of a financial risk. In my time, I’ve had about 6-7 opportunities to start my own business, with half of those being sponsored by other folks… regrettably I never really took advantage of any of them, so here I am still just working by the hour. All just my thoughts on the situation, and obviously I don’t always make the best decisions. 🤷‍♂️
I agree. I just don't know how realistic youtube is as a business? So many people start a channel and it does nothing. That's why I said it might be more of a pipe dream. I do think comparing these 2 in particular would be great especially for the average person looking to by a Jeep or Bronco. Both have awesome options from the factory for the price point.

Sponsored

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comparing a 4 door with a 2 door is an apples and oranges exercise.

If your kids and/or their friends need to access the back seats, the four door will be infinitely easier.

I have a 2 door Bronco and love it. But my kids are grown. I have a Land Cruiser if I need to haul people around. In five months of ownership, the back seats have been used twice. The seats and legroom are fine, but getting into the backseats is quite a chore.

I drove a 911 for a few years when my kids were young. I could cram them in the backseats, but it was a pain. The 2 door Bronco (or I imagine Jeep) would be a similar pain.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

kinda dumb!ur on a bronco site lol put it up on a jeep form then add them together

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely drive the bronco, but remember that the tires probably have 45 psi in them on the lot. Once they're aired down to about 35 psi - the ride is phenomenal.

I will say that the two door bronco with sasquatch/front and rear lockers will actually be far better off road than a Willy's jeep with only a rear LSD, regardless of a solid front axle.

Having said that, your Willy's is sweet!! Go with your gut!

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Drive the Bronco. I had a chance to do an extended test drive on a Wildtrack and it blows my Rubicon out of the water. Roominess, comfort, steering feel, ergonomics, checked all the boxes for me. I'll be trading my Rubi in a heartbeat if my Bronco ever gets built.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From the practical standpoint:
  • DO you have kids you will be transporting regularly in the 4x4?
  • Will you be transporting more than 1 adult regularly in the 4x4?
    • Are those adults old/fat vs young/skinny?
If you answer yes to either of these questions, go with the 4 Door. Car seats are a pain in a 2 door. Teens are a pain in a 2 door, old fat people are a pain in a 2 door.

Are you just using it for your own commuting (with rarely more than 1 passenger) and weekend fun, get that 2 door.
Sponsored