Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. Right now I have 2 local guys trying to sell used but still NIB Ford Performance winch kits for $1,600 and $1,900. Almost seems too good to be true when you factor in the Zeon winch cost alone. Maybe they caught on a BF deal?

Anyhow I have the high package and don’t want to lose the sensors. Your video didn’t address those outside of saying you had the mid package with no sensors, ACC or camera. Despite you not using them, did the Ford kit provide provisions for those items?

Lastly have you had a chance to wheel since installing? That design will naturally alter approach angles although it still appears fairly tight to the Bronco. Any measurements how far it sticks out beyond the capable bumper? Have you had any clearance/approach angle issues? Any thoughts on the ruggedness (or lack thereof) from the capable bumper? Obviously better than plastic but mine seems lighter than some aftermarket bumper options.

I’m still on the fence about going with an option like this or a custom fab bumper (as I don’t like many aftermarket solutions).
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good looking rig and nice pic overall.

When I zoomed in to look at your winch mount it looks like there may be rust developing. Is that the case, or rust colored mud?
Rough Country isn’t known for their high quality parts… because they offer cheap shit most of the time. The powder coating they use is garbage, the stones being thrown from other vehicles have chipped it and therefor surface rust starts up

They also don’t QC their winches. I am on #2, the original was warrantied for water intrusion causing it to short out and fry the solenoid pack. None of the electrical contacts were tight from factory on the original or the replacement winch = not sealed from water

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Sponsored

nolimits

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Explorer ST | 23 Challenger SP 1320
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rough Country isn’t known for their high quality parts… because they offer cheap shit most of the time. The powder coating they use is garbage, the stones being thrown from other vehicles have chipped it and therefor surface rust starts up

They also don’t QC their winches. I am on #2, the original was warrantied for water intrusion causing it to short out and fry the solenoid pack. None of the electrical contacts were tight from factory on the original or the replacement winch = not sealed from water
Appreciate the quick and candid response back. Sorry you are having issues. The look is spot on.

I’d be beyond frustrated with the winch. If you’re pulling for that winch line you generally need (not want) it. Winch selection is a whole other can of worms.