North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That may be the case, but what about front sensor provisions and if your Bronco has the cameras? Their bumper looks like it positions the winch up higher in front of the grill and may block the front camera view entirely.

I would like to see that, too. So far, that sounds like it may be the best compromise for those that have Broncos with front cameras... still don't know about front sensors and the ACC with the Ford option. The front sensors might have to be turned off via the menus if you opt for this option.
Yes, but it almost completely hides the camera! lol
Ford and 4WP are working on solutions to relocate the front camera, will they be successful, let's hope so.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sorry, but answers like "Don't put yourself in situations where you need a winch" is just an asinine statement. That basically means you have 2 choices..

1) never go off pavement
2) always go with somebody else who has a winch.

Although option 2 is a best practice, it is not realistic every time.

People have had to winch themselves out of very basic situation's simply because of minor things: break downs, flat tires, slicker surfaces that cause you to slide sideways.

I'm Not saying everyone's required to have our winch, But to think only extreme folks need it is an ignorant statement.

Hell, I've seen people get stuck just because they had to stop in soft sand or on a loose hill and couldn't get the momentum back up.

Face it.. Ford blew it. Building an off road rig where the #1 off road tool interferes with just about every modern feature is the only bad judgement happening here.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Ford should have done is to allow folks to still have high & lux packages and be able to choose an ala carte safety package (that includes the ACC, front sensors etc.) for people who didnt want a winch. They do these type of ala carte things for their biggest selling model why couldnt they have done it with the Bronco? They kept saying you can customize your Bronco…to an extent sure, but not really. I ordered the lux vs the high for the garage door opener & ACC, my wife ordered it for the sound system. Trying to figure out why Im getting the lux or even if I went to the high package if I cant run a winch. Relocating the solenoid box isn't fixing the entire problem.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Performance worked with ARB to develop this winch bumper for the 2019 Ranger.
All sensors were intact. Maybe Ford Performance and ARB can develop something for the Bronco? See link below.
Ford Performance and ARB to Co-Develop Off-Road Parts Starting With Winch-Ready Bumper for Ford Ranger

1621641262022.png
I've been trying to dig a bit on this little nugget you posted... I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but I'm impressed! If I recall, ARB said they were working on a winch-capable bumper option for the Bronco??? If they can do similar as this Ranger option, SOLD! I'm sure that other aftermarket fabricators like ADD and Fab Four will do the same once they get their hands on a Bronco.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been trying to dig a bit on this little nugget you posted... I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but I'm impressed! If I recall, ARB said they were working on a winch-capable bumper option for the Bronco??? If they can do similar as this Ranger option, SOLD! I'm sure that other aftermarket fabricators like ADD and Fab Four will do the same once they get their hands on a Bronco.
I absolutely love the ARB solution for the Ranger. I do not want the winch to be hanging on the front bumper like an afterthought. I want it to look like an integrated part of the design. I could be convinced to give up the adaptive cruise control, but never the trail camera. Let us see what companies like ARB and Poison Spider develop. I have them on my watch list and will post any interesting developments.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hundreds of posts over the past few months about the aftermarket having solutions... does no one build their own stuff any longer? Maybe I’m just too old or something, but I thought half of the fun was making your own pieces.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked them in Moab and they said it was in the works and should be out some time this summer. I liked their bumper on my JK and would be happy with it on a Bronco if the stock bumper won't work.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the idea of a front mounted hitch. would be nice if they came out with one that stuck right out the middle of the bumper.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s the race truck. :cautious: Try again.

Not sure what being a "race" truck has anything to do with it ??? This "race" truck has a STOCK front M210 axle with it's electronic locker and a stock engine and transmission. All of the locations of those things are still stock as well. So it's not as much "race" as you might think. Placement of the winch has nothing to do with it being a "race" truck, many times a "racing" application works quite well for the "average joe" or "street guy" or even the "weekend warrior"

😁😁

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Face it.. Ford blew it. Building an off road rig where the #1 off road tool interferes with just about every modern feature is the only bad judgement happening here.
Cool, it has a front trail camera, oh, it's blocked by the winch.
Cool it has ACC technology, oh, its blocked by the winch.
Cool washout interior, oh, there is carpet on the seatbacks.

Which one of these Ford employees are the design engineers, who have any off-road experience to understand how features are used in the real world?

Which one of these Ford employees are the design managers, who have any off-road experience to understand how features are used in the real world?

Which one of these Ford employees are the interns, new grads, engineers and managers with no off-road experience whatsoever to understand how features are used in the real world?

8-2.jpg

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, it has a front trail camera, oh, it's blocked by the winch.
Cool it has ACC technology, oh, its blocked by the winch.
Cool washout interior, oh, there is carpet on the seatbacks.

Which one of these Ford employees are the design engineers, who have any off-road experience to understand how features are used in the real world?

Which one of these Ford employees are the design managers, who have any off-road experience to understand how features are used in the real world?

Which one of these Ford employees are the interns, new grads, engineers and managers with no off-road experience whatsoever to understand how features are used in the real world?

Ford Bronco Winch solutions 8-2
The guy with the brown flannel, looks like the only one that has a clue... just a thought

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think my short term solution is to get a front hitch receiver mounted under or on an aftermarket bumper. I don't really see a mounting place on the stock modular bumper. Then I can at least use a solution like this:
1621613631709.png

Thats a pain in its own way.. Winches aren't light and now you have to transport it in the cargo area when not in use. Better than nothing for the time being. Hopefully there are aftermarket front bumpers that have solved these issues before the masses get the Bronco.

The one benefit of using as winch on a receiver is the fact you can move it front or rear (assuming you run the appropriate wiring yourself to the rear).
that's what I'm gonna do if I ever think I'll need a winch at all. I have no interest in extreme rock crawling like those photos of the blue Jeep.
If I think I'll better have a winch then I'll do something like this, added benefit is that I can leave it in the garage when not on a trip. Really don't want that heavy thing hanging on the front all the time on my daily driver. Hang this front or back or even on the back of somebody else's rig, come home, clean it, put it on the shelf. Don't need to look like I'm on a safari if I'm not actually on a safari, LOL.

Last edited:

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shrockworks made a internal winch bumper for the new Ranger. You can get parking sensor mounts and a adaptive cruise sensor reposition mount for it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We have seen this before, but it still looks good.

Ford Bronco Winch solutions carbonized-grey.PNG

Sponsored