Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve been watching a lot of Matt’s Off-road recovery videos on YouTube and between that and the commentary here, I’m starting to think a winch is essential kit. So I’m coming around. Thanks to those of you who’ve had the patience to deal with my posts.

My dad use to say to use 2WD to off-road and 4WD to get unstuck. But I guess the philosophy now is… use 4WD to off-road and a winch to get unstuck ;)
My son and I watch him too. We find ourselves always yelling at the TV!

Seems like a winch would make his recoveries so much better instead of yanking the hell out of everything.

But he said before, most of his recoveries are in the sand dunes and so things are different there.

But watching him drag razors on metal on metal constantly is painful. Guy needs to come up with a jig to roll (or slide) a razor without raking allnof its axles/control arms.
Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From yesterdays email to dealers:

BRONCO ACCESSORIES COMPATIBILITY UPDATE

• Rigid Mirror-Mounted Off-Road Lights and Roof Mounted Light Bar require Bronco’s to be equipped with Accessory Auxiliary Switches
  • WARN Winch requirements:
    1. Bronco must be equipped with modular front bumper, LED signature lights
    2. Bronco cannot be equipped with ACC (Lux Package)
      • *The Winch is compatible with 360 cameras (Lux + High package), but when installed will block the camera

Listing LED signature lights as a requirement for the Warn Winch. That has me puzzled. 🤔

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

From yesterdays email to dealers:

BRONCO ACCESSORIES COMPATIBILITY UPDATE

• Rigid Mirror-Mounted Off-Road Lights and Roof Mounted Light Bar require Bronco’s to be equipped with Accessory Auxiliary Switches
  • WARN Winch requirements:
    1. Bronco must be equipped with modular front bumper, LED signature lights
    2. Bronco cannot be equipped with ACC (Lux Package)
      • *The Winch is compatible with 360 cameras (Lux + High package), but when installed will block the camera

Listing LED signature lights as a requirement for the Warn Winch. That has me puzzled. 🤔
Its either the Rockstars or upsells.

Still no ACC fix, Rockstars, not.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its either the Rockstars or upsells.

Still no ACC fix, Rockstars, not.
I guess it will be able to be ordered over the parts counter and put on my Black Diamond anyway regardless of the standard lights.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kind of strange we haven't even seen any concept drawings or anything. While I still think I'll go with a hitch mounted winch, since I'll rarely be off road and don't want to have that extra weight all the time, a nice integrated solution in a bumper would be interesting. They really just need to relocate the camera and add an option in the menu for "winch added" which will program the 360 stitching different. Should be rather easy to do, put the camera on top of the winch or inside a little bull bar or ....

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I guess that answers that lol. Not giving up the acc/lux package and not being able to use the front camera for a winch. Once again, goes to show that the winch was an afterthought and they realized “crap we were only testing these on lower trim models at the time or concept broncos that were piece-worked together and didn't reflect a production bronco.

Whether or not aftermarket can make this work reprogramming modules for moving the camera and its 360 camera views or the ACC to function correctly dont know.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well I guess that answers that lol. Not giving up the acc/lux package and not being able to use the front camera for a winch. Once again, goes to show that the winch was an afterthought and they realized “crap we were only testing these on lower trim models at the time or concept broncos that were piece-worked together and didn't reflect a production bronco.

Whether or not aftermarket can make this work reprogramming modules for moving the camera and its 360 camera views or the ACC to function correctly dont know.
An experienced, senior engineer, looks at the big picture, understands all variations and constraints. Then they validate that the design will work for all of these variations and constraints, and if not, changes the design so they will. Then they test all of the variations and constraints to assure they work correctly per the design.

In aerospace these experienced, senior engineers, are called Systems Engineers (no, not the IT guys). In the automotive world, they are called...

Nd9GcQz9fxu7iXxIhybkEI75KjzzWRFRknuZ3ODHA&usqp=CAU.jpg

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my mind it's a pick one or the other for the foreseeable future. I am sure there will be better options in the aftermarket as some point, but it's not a simple solution with lots of issues to resolve. I decided I loved the camera more than a very rarely used winch, but we all have different requirements.
Yeah I decided that the camera would be more useful. Besides, I'll probably be wheeling with some Jeep buddies and if needed, they will have the winch. :cool:

Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iv’e got a spare vintage Warn winch that is slated for use on my Comanche. I’ll be mounting something on the front of the Badlands as well. Probably the factory piece that works with the factory bumper.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An experienced, senior engineer, looks at the big picture, understands all variations and constraints. Then they validate that the design will work for all of these variations and constraints, and if not, changes the design so they will. Then they test all of the variations and constraints to assure they work correctly per the design.

In aerospace these experienced, senior engineers, are called Systems Engineers (no, not the IT guys). In the automotive world, they are called...

Ford Bronco Winch solutions Nd9GcQz9fxu7iXxIhybkEI75KjzzWRFRknuZ3ODHA&usqp=CAU
Even experienced, senior engineers "Systems Engineers" understand that there are functional compromises based on functional requirement and risk.
Sponsored