First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think my short term solution is to get a front hitch receiver mounted under or on an aftermarket bumper. I don't really see a mounting place on the stock modular bumper. Then I can at least use a solution like this:
1621613631709.png

Thats a pain in its own way.. Winches aren't light and now you have to transport it in the cargo area when not in use. Better than nothing for the time being. Hopefully there are aftermarket front bumpers that have solved these issues before the masses get the Bronco.

The one benefit of using as winch on a receiver is the fact you can move it front or rear (assuming you run the appropriate wiring yourself to the rear).
This is a great solution BUT... the Factory rear receiver is rated below the weight of the vehicle. I'm sure there is a Safety Factor built in, but I see that thing bending and eventually breaking. The front receiver is still an unknown. Maxing out a 12,000lb winch on a 3,500lb receiver (as the Intern designed) won't be pretty when the crossmember gets pulled back in the center, causing your frame rails to move closer together, causing your MIC top to shatter into a dozen pieces. You would be better off going to Uhaul and having Benny install a rear receiver that actually attaches to the side frame rails AND the crossmember.

Ford Bronco Winch solutions HeaSHqW
Sponsored

Last edited:

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a great solution BUT... the Factory rear receiver is rated below the weight of the vehicle. I'm sure there is a Safety Factor built in, but I see that thing bending and eventually breaking. The front receiver is still an unknown. Maxing out a 12,000lb winch on a 3,500lb receiver (as the Intern designed) won't be pretty.

Ford Bronco Winch solutions HeaSHqW
So its rated somewhere between 3500lb for the tow capacity but less than the 5,000lb of a Sasquatched Bronco? Hmm. I will have to keep that in mind.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont have the front camera, I just want a winch plate that works with the factory mod bumper. Hopefully one is available shortly.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4WP have a control module relocation kit that frees up the camera view.
Yes, but the 4WP mounts the winch higher, so the relocation kit will be less effective than the Ford Performance mount and block the camera more!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Even experienced, senior engineers "Systems Engineers" understand that there are functional compromises based on functional requirement and risk.
Of course, but you never compromise a primary feature of the design, you figure it out, you design around it, it is not rocket science. Placement of the Trail Camera, Bull Bar, and Winch Mount are not mutually exclusive in their design, they can be integrated into a seamless design that does not cripple features.

The same with the ACC placement, Winch mount opening and Radar sensor beam pattern can all be worked into an integrated design.

By the way, Ford is working on solutions for these, I have that from several sources, hopefully they will be successful.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So its rated somewhere between 3500lb for the tow capacity but less than the 5,000lb of a Sasquatched Bronco? Hmm. I will have to keep that in mind.
All Bronco's are tow rated at 3,500 lbs, Sasquatch does not boost the tow rating to 5,000 llbs.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course, but you never compromise a primary feature of the design, you figure it out, you design around it, it is not rocket science. Placement of the Trail Camera, Bull Bar, and Winch Mount are not mutually exclusive in their design, they can be integrated into a seamless design that does not cripple features.

The same with the ACC placement, Winch mount opening and Radar sensor beam pattern can all be worked into an integrated design.

By the way, Ford is working on solutions for these, I have that from several sources, hopefully they will be successful.
Thanks for that info.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

4WP have a control module relocation kit that frees up the camera view.
Moving the solenoid will help but just to set expectations, you can see it only removes the upper 1/3 of the blockage.

Ford Bronco Winch solutions WARN WINCH BLOCK

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wyeth-Scott More Power Puller hand winch is looking more attractive all the time
(that and judicious use of Reverse Gear to stay out of those trouble spots)

Sponsored

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a great solution BUT... the Factory rear receiver is rated below the weight of the vehicle. I'm sure there is a Safety Factor built in, but I see that thing bending and eventually breaking. The front receiver is still an unknown. Maxing out a 12,000lb winch on a 3,500lb receiver (as the Intern designed) won't be pretty when the crossmember gets pulled back in the center, causing your frame rails to move closer together, causing your MIC top to shatter into a dozen pieces. You would be better off going to Uhaul and having Benny install a rear receiver that actually attaches to the side frame rails AND the crossmember.

I am curious as to how much load you think using a snatch strap will generate? Loading capacity of strap? Greater than 3,500 lbs? 12,000 lbs?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great solution BUT... the Factory rear receiver is rated below the weight of the vehicle.
hmm, a very good point to keep in mind...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wyeth-Scott More Power Puller hand winch is looking more attractive all the time
(that and judicious use of Reverse Gear to stay out of those trouble spots)
actually an idea I'm also exploring. I will never be on a trail where I have to winch myself up for a long distance, it'll be most likely getting unstuck from something or getting over something, a couple feet of movement. For that rare occasion, a hand winch might just be all I need.

Just not sure about the safety rule to stay away from the winch line, if you have to be there hand winching it. Good safety blankets I guess might be enough.

More things to think about.

I'd just rather not have a winch permanently mounted for daily driving, if I lived close to trails that would be different.

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Moving the solenoid will help but just to set expectations, you can see it only removes the upper 1/3 of the blockage.

And the 4WP mount situates the winch a bit higher than the Ford performance mount, so more winch will be in the view…no likey!

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I would like something like the Bronco Bastards plate...although would like to have a place to mount the fairlead but I guess I could just sam-ich one between the winch and plate.

Bronco_Bastards
Sponsored