First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve experienced two issues with the windows on my 2022 Outerbanks delivered in October. As others have reported the windows rattle in a concerning way in the partially opened position. In addition a few days ago the drivers window kept immediately reopening whenever I tried to close it. I finally got it to stay in the closed position by trying with the door open and think it was getting caught on the weather stripping around the window. I had just put the soft top back on after having it down for a few hours. Has anyone had the same experience?
Sponsored

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That tricks the DDU/PDU into thinking that someone put their fingers/head/limbs in the window, which is triggering the safety feature that quickly rolls down the window to prevent... well... decapitation.
RIP Jim Carey 1962-1994
Ford Bronco Window issues 41fndGmp28L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Window rattle solution will be out Q4 according to Ford.

CM81

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
isn't the window rattle solved by just adjusting the bolts under the door? I did this a while ago and haven't had a rattle issue since then.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

isn't the window rattle solved by just adjusting the bolts under the door? I did this a while ago and haven't had a rattle issue since then.
No, that repair only worked for some. And Ford has actually since removed it.

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, it's a safety feature that's gone awry. It's happened to me a few times.

You need to re-initialize the power glass limits in the DDU/PDU:
  1. Open the window
  2. Release the window switch
  3. Close the window while holding the window switch up. Continue to hold the window switch up for 2 seconds after the window is completely closed.
  4. Open the window while holding the window switch down. Continue to hold the window switch down for 2 seconds after the window is completely closed.
  5. Repeat step 3
And... that should reset everything. Steps 3-5 have to be done within 30 seconds or so otherwise it'll cancel the learning processes.

I've found that regularly cleaning, lubricating, and protecting the weather seals helps prevent it from happening. Which is probably a good thing because then it gives me a reason to actually take care of the weather seals.

My guess is what is happening is those weather seals start to dry out and get a bit dirty. As they do, they apply more friction to the windows. That tricks the DDU/PDU into thinking that someone put their fingers/head/limbs in the window, which is triggering the safety feature that quickly rolls down the window to prevent... well... decapitation.
I have this issue on my passenger rear. I can’t do the reset as the window automatically rolls down when you try to hold it in the up position. Will this process work if you do it with the door open to prevent it from rolling down immediately?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve experienced two issues with the windows on my 2022 Outerbanks delivered in October. As others have reported the windows rattle in a concerning way in the partially opened position. In addition a few days ago the drivers window kept immediately reopening whenever I tried to close it. I finally got it to stay in the closed position by trying with the door open and think it was getting caught on the weather stripping around the window. I had just put the soft top back on after having it down for a few hours. Has anyone had the same experience?
Hi there, Kim. Will you please send us a message with your VIN and dealership name/location? I can look into things on my end regarding your window concerns.

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window rattle solution will be out Q4 according to Ford.
Hey Ducati1098,

Glad to hear abut the window rattle solution hopefully from Ford. Mine is a 2021 and have done the window fix myself and through the dealer. Nothing has worked so Im glad its in the works! Where did you hear that it would be a Q4 solution from Ford?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Ducati1098,

Glad to hear abut the window rattle solution hopefully from Ford. Mine is a 2021 and have done the window fix myself and through the dealer. Nothing has worked so Im glad its in the works! Where did you hear that it would be a Q4 solution from Ford?
They released an SSM a few weeks ago.

SSM 51694 2021-2023 Bronco - Window Rattle From The Front Doors Over Bumps
Some 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a rattle from the front windows with the windows placed in the partially down position and driving over rough roads and/or bumps. This condition is currently under investigation and repairs and/or component replacement is not expected to reduce the rattle. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and that engineering is currently developing a solution which will be available in Q4 2023. Monitor OASIS and schedule a follow up appointment with the customer when the fix becomes available.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a rattle from the front windows with the windows placed in the partially down position and driving over rough roads and/or bumps. This condition is currently under investigation and repairs and/or component replacement is not expected to reduce the rattle. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle and that engineering is currently developing a solution which will be available in Q4 2023. Monitor OASIS and schedule a follow up appointment with the customer when the fix becomes available.
^^^^^^ This has me excited for sure. I am really looking forward to this. Taking my much- adjusted/window rattly Badlands into the dealer next week for an oil change and other minor work. I will have them note this. for sure. Thanks for the heads up.

Layman

Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That sounds great. My question is how much do you think the Dealer would charge to provide such services if your Bronco has No Warranty?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That sounds great. My question is how much do you think the Dealer would charge to provide such services if your Bronco has No Warranty?
Without knowing what the repair will be exactly, it's impossible to really say unfortunately.

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Wow. Thanks for passing on this information. We all really appreciate your posts keeping us in the loop.

obx_rick

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge SEL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah the window rattle is annoying, and so is the fact that my windows keep needing to be recalibrated!

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well my rear window is still not fixed. I’ve been to the dealer 3 times so far and they can’t get it fixed. The window regulator was replaced and that did not fix it. Now they have to order the master panel with the brain and replace that. Apparently Ford tech said they seen it happen on other Broncos. Waiting on the part and another appointment for visit 4. Crazy!
Sponsored